Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
I'd love to see Williams, Marion, and Kidd on the team next year
That's 100% possible, and the likely scenario if we sign Deron Williams (assuming that Marion isn't traded in an attempt to get Dwight Howard before the next trade deadline...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-13-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Whatever you say buddy, I'm not new here. I remember you quite well. I would never mistake you for being a bright person in any way shape or form, and it holds up you talking crap to me for no real reason at all. No surprise to me.

Where are your great ideas? Or do you just want to be a troll?

LMAO
You "remember me quite well?" What, are you writing a retrospective? Gimme a break.

After that you just became a clown, so the best I can do is just laugh.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #43
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You "remember me quite well?" What, are you writing a retrospective? Gimme a break.

After that you just became a clown, so the best I can do is just laugh.
Way to trash up the board with your 22,000 posts.

Maybe one day you'll have a good one.

That's all I have to say to you. It's like the saying never stoop to the level of an idiot, they'll drag you down and then beat you with experience. I already feel dumber having conversated with you.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-13-2012 at 01:33 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #44
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Watching JKidd these last two games I'm curious whether his stats are much better with rest, might do a research.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Way to trash up the board with your 22,000 posts.

Maybe one day you'll have a good one.

That's all I have to say to you. It's like the saying never stoop to the level of an idiot, they'll drag you down and then beat you with experience. I already feel dumber having conversated with you.
If you don't know yet that that saying is for idiots themselves, then you will before too long.

I am not impressed, so far, by your rhetorical chops. I don't predict that you will make it any great distance, on this message board.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #46
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

chum is much better on ignore
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
chum is much better on ignore
I just became aware of you a couple days ago. Don't make me feel so far behind.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #48
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The Mavs were the oldest team in the league last season and they won a ring.
Yeah, and it was very clearly an aligning of the planets and stars that doesn't happen often.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 04-13-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #49
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
You might have emotional attachments, but you seem to lack some other stuff. Yes, Carter has tailed off, but I'd love to hear the arguments though on why the franchise needs to move away from Kidd, Terry and especially Marion.
Because they're old as hell, and not legit threats anymore?

We need a LEGIT threat to complement Dirk.

I can live with Kidd, Marion and Terry playing backup minutes next year, but that's it.

I'm pretty tired of seeing them overmatched night in and night out against good teams, and it's only gonna get worse next season.

This team took the Heat DOWN last season, this year they looked like a D-league team against Miami. We're old, we need to get young.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 04-13-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, give Kidd about a weeks worth of rest between games and he's pretty dang good. But, this isn't the NFL. I wouldn't mind having him back as a 20mpg type player next year.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-13-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #51
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Because they're old as hell, and not legit threats anymore?

We need a LEGIT threat to complement Dirk.

I can live with Kidd, Marion and Terry playing backup minutes next year, but that's it.

I'm pretty tired of seeing them overmatched night in and night out against good teams, and it's only gonna get worse next season.

This team took the Heat DOWN last season, this year they looked like a D-league team against Miami. We're old, we need to get young.
I didn't realize we needed 13 young players, you should notify cuban.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #52
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm with you on Jet, but there's no way I take Marion/Kidd over Deron Williams. I mean you're basically saying keep the same team next year as this year, obviously the current team is probably not winning a championship unless Dirk goes off in the playoffs again.
It's not going to be a choice of Marion/Kidd over Williams. With the existing expirings, we have enough cash to offer Williams. I think with all the bantering about, Kidd's going to need to realize he's going to be on minimum salary here on out. There was a rumor yesterday that we were amongst teams interested in Gordon, if we go after that 2nd major free agent, then, you're actually going to be choosing between that 2nd free agent versus, probably Haywood/Marion. One would be amnestied and the other traded for an exception. Right now, we have the space to just bring in Deron, resign Kidd to a minimum salary. I think it comes down to Jet's offer, if we want him, it'll eat our cap space and at that point it would be Jet or Marion.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

this thread has gone in an unfortunate direction.

P.S. Are we really bagging on the guy who was one point guy of a triple double last night?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #54
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you don't know yet that that saying is for idiots themselves, then you will before too long.

I am not impressed, so far, by your rhetorical chops. I don't predict that you will make it any great distance, on this message board.
There are pills out there that can help you with your issues, you need them bad. But it's hard to tell a crazy person they're nuts, they don't believe it. Rest of the world knows though. For your own sake seek help.

So anyway on topic, Deron/Marion/Dirk is a championship contender for sure. Kidd would be one of the best backup pgs in the league. Our only weakness would probably be at the 5 if we could get someone like Kaman who is decent offensively Wood/Kaman would not be a bad combo to have there. It wouldn't be best in the league or anything but it would be solid.

I'm not real crazy about throwing big money at Gordon if we don't get Deron tbh. He seems to be injury prone and they're saying he lost cartlidge in his knee with his current injury.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #55
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
There are pills out there that can help you with your issues, you need them bad. But it's hard to tell a crazy person they're nuts, they don't believe it. Rest of the world knows though. For your own sake seek help.

So anyway on topic, Deron/Marion/Dirk is a championship contender for sure. Kidd would be one of the best backup pgs in the league. Our only weakness would probably be at the 5 if we could get someone like Kaman who is decent offensively Wood/Kaman would not be a bad combo to have there. It wouldn't be best in the league or anything but it would be solid.

I'm not real crazy about throwing big money at Gordon if we don't get Deron tbh. He seems to be injury prone and they're saying he lost cartlidge in his knee with his current injury.
Yea, that Gordon talk is scary, especially coming off the last 2 seasons.

Boy if we got Deron, I can see Kidd start some at the 2 in the role that Deshawn was in last year. Tough gritty defense, spot up shooter, general toughness overall, then you have Deron giving the team a whole new dimension. With Kidd on the floor he's still able to feed Dirk in the late stages.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #56
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Deron and Kidd in the same team.It sounds great!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #57
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I think Kidd is just finished, he'll do something like this

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...002260ATL.html

or lead a huddle during a crucial nba finals game

or put up a near triple double out of nowhere, man

and I stand corrected.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Whenever I think Kidd is just finished, he'll do something like this

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...002260ATL.html

or lead a huddle during a crucial nba finals game

or put up a near triple double out of nowhere, man

and I stand corrected.
and then he'll disappear for a week... but hey, it happens.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
True, but I think last year's finish could be used as a potential precursor to this year. They gave him some rest to finish off the year and he came out guns blazing vs Portland. He followed that up with critical late game stops vs Kobe in the Semis.

This year, he's just got to make it to the last week of the season and then he'll get a bunch of rest. Clearly, he looks more spry after coming back from the groin injury.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #60
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
True, but I think last year's finish could be used as a potential precursor to this year. They gave him some rest to finish off the year and he came out guns blazing vs Portland. He followed that up with critical late game stops vs Kobe in the Semis.

This year, he's just got to make it to the last week of the season and then he'll get a bunch of rest. Clearly, he looks more spry after coming back from the groin injury.
Yea, plus with this season being thrown together, hard for an old fart like him to get in to NBA shape. With a less compacted schedule our last week leading into an even more less compacted playoff schedule, gives us a big advantage, just hope the groin injury is done for good. There was one play late where there was a lose ball and he jumped for it, held my breath for a full set to make sure he was fine moving around.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #61
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Exactly why he'll be great next year, playing 16 minutes a game backing up you know who

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #62
Nowitzness81

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
this thread has gone in an unfortunate direction.

P.S. Are we really bagging on the guy who was one point guy of a triple double last night?
Who cares about one game?

Kidd is averaging 5.4 assists this season.

He's done.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #63
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Exactly why he'll be great next year, playing 16 minutes a game backing up you know who
Roddy Beaubois or Eric Gordon?
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #64
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I think he meant Dojo.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #65
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Clearly I meant Steve Nash

Quote:
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Clearly I meant Steve Nash
Preach!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #67
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Since Nash is sugar free we can offer him finally a five year contract.

Cuban do it

Last edited by sefant77; 04-14-2012 at 12:22 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #68
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
LOL

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #69
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
He's done.
FAIL.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #70
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

There have been many 3 point specialists who hung aroung at the end of their careers in spite of a lack of defensive skill. Peja for one, Steve Kerr is another and I would argue at this point, Jet is more valuable than either.

Part of what has to happen under the new CBA is salaries must come down. If max guys keep getting 16 to 21 million, the Jets and Kidds of the NBA will simply have to make less. Jet will learn this if he becomes a free agent. Given the smaller offers he is likely to get, I expect him to retire a Mav and give his team a home town discount. The guy bleeds Mavs blue and I want to see his Jersey hanging up there next to Dirk's.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #71
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
There have been many 3 point specialists who hung aroung at the end of their careers in spite of a lack of defensive skill. Peja for one, Steve Kerr is another and I would argue at this point, Jet is more valuable than either.

Part of what has to happen under the new CBA is salaries must come down. If max guys keep getting 16 to 21 million, the Jets and Kidds of the NBA will simply have to make less. Jet will learn this if he becomes a free agent. Given the smaller offers he is likely to get, I expect him to retire a Mav and give his team a home town discount. The guy bleeds Mavs blue and I want to see his Jersey hanging up there next to Dirk's.
It's going to be interesting, you may or may not be right. All it takes is one team to overpay him or simply pay him more than us and there's a good chance he's gone. We cannot assume he is going to give a hometown discount even though it's not impossible. I think he has a chance to command the full MLE but it would probably be with a non-contender. But if he can get 5mil with them instead of say 2 with us he may think "well I got my championship already" and take the extra 3 million. The way he has spoken out against the MBT this season points to him not doing them any huge favors just to fit in Deron or someone else.

If Caron can get 8 mil a season coming off major knee surgery and in his 30s, I see no reason to think Jet can't get at least 5mil a season, possibly a little more.

You talk about tough decisions this summer, whoa is the MBT.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-14-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #72
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You talk about tough decisions this summer, whoa is the MBT.
Whoa?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #73
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Yeah whoa, not woe, whoa.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #74
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Who cares about one game?

Kidd is averaging 5.4 assists this season.

He's done.
Wow. I have nothing to say to this.

Dirk is averaging his lowest PPG and FG% since his sophomore season. Is he done too?

And as a reply on your "old man shit" comments, maybe we should get rid of Marion as well and bring in Nick Young, and Jordan Crawford in? They're young guys, you know.

Last edited by adonis; 04-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #75
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Preach!
Word.

I mean, we love Kidd, but if we get Deron, still the first thing you do is to call Steve, and ask him if he would be willing to play with his buddy, Dirk, probably as a backup, and possibly some crunch time minutes with Deron on the floor. Heck, if we don't get Deron, you still call him. He's 80-85% of the player he was during his MVP years.

About Gordon. Normally, he's not a max guy. But in today's NBA? Surely.

Look at that sorry a** list.

- Durant '88
- Gordon '88
- Harden '89
- George '90
- Batum '88
- Evans '89
- DeRozan '89

Those are the top young wing guys. Pretty mediocre overall, even if you have a hall of fame talent amongst them. So, again, in today's NBA, you simply give the max to a guy like Gordon, especially with not much option outside of Deron. Gordon (when healthy) will be a a 23/5/5 58-60%TS guy. A better, more attacking, more clutch version of Joe Johnson.

Unfortunately, New-Orleans is desperate, so i have no doubt in my mind, even if they don't initially offer him the max, they will surely match it if we, or some other team does offer him that. Not much option this summer, if we strike out on Deron. Your best bet would be to go after Nash (hopefully for cheap), ask Kidd to be his backup as well, and built a very deep team. Maybe you go after Kaman.

Something like this would be doable money-wise, at least i think.

Nash/Kidd
West/Roddy
Marion/Azubuike
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Haywood

On a second thought, no chance, am i right? We would be way over the cap with Marion, Dirk, Haywood, Wright, and Roddy. Stupid salary cap. So you gotta amnesty Haywood, buy out Carter and Odom's contract, Terry obviously is a goner in that case, and you go from there. I hate the new CBA for not allowing a player to reconstruct his contract. Maybe i'm naive, but i really think Dirk would definitely do it.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-14-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Nash/Kidd
West/Roddy
Marion/Azubuike
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Haywood
That's not a contender. Too old.

I'd dump Roddy and Wood.

Last edited by markus1234; 04-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #77
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing we do after signing Deron Williams is to call Steve Nash?

What? Why? To wish him well in New York or Miami?

If Nash is 85% of the player he was in his MVP years, why the hell would he sign here for peanuts to back up Deron Williams? That makes no sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #78
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The first thing we do after signing Deron Williams is to call Steve Nash?

What? Why? To wish him well in New York or Miami?

If Nash is 85% of the player he was in his MVP years, why the hell would he sign here for peanuts to back up Deron Williams? That makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense. Nash said it numerous times, that he doesn't really sure if he ever wanna go ring chasing, and when they asked him, that coming back to Dallas to play with Dirk would be different, he said, yes, it would be different. Of course you call him, and ask him if he would be OK to play for the mini MLE, or whatever.

I know, 90% of the time, to an athlete, money is the most important factor, but when it's not, it is usually a veteran guy, who made some good money playing in the league, and also didn't burn through most of it. Nash is obviously superior to Kidd, so yeah, you call him. It's a no brainer. If he says no, you sign Kidd for cheap.

Also, Nash could play 25 minutes a game, Deron is exactly the kind of PG that you can easily slide to SG. A Nash-Deron-Marion-Dirk-whoever lineup would be a really dangerous crunch time lineup.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-14-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #79
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Nash will be starting for a contender next season. Bank on that.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #80
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Of course it makes sense. Nash said it numerous times, that he doesn't really sure if he ever wanna go ring chasing, and when they asked him, that coming back to Dallas to play with Dirk would be different, he said, yes, it would be different. Of course you call him, and ask him if he would be OK to play for the mini MLE, or whatever.

I know, 90% of the time, to an athlete, money is the most important factor, but when it's not, it is usually a veteran guy, who made some good money playing in the league, and also didn't burn through most of it. Nash is obviously superior to Kidd, so yeah, you call him. It's a no brainer. If he says no, you sign Kidd for cheap.
Steve Nash is not coming here to backup Deron Williams. That's ridiculous.

And Nash said he didn't want to be traded for ring chasing. I think he's fine doing it as a free agent. He's been quoted as being open to signing with Miami, and having great respect for them as a team.

It's also fairly ridiculous to think that we'd spend our mini-MLE on a backup PG after signing Deron. Who is going to play SG in that scenario?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-14-2012 at 05:17 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hisbitchness81, i'mwitless81