Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-01-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
dmiiller

dmiiller is on a distinguished road
Default Haywood

I would definately trade Marquise Daniels for Brendan Haywood. Haywood has been on the block and they could use Daniels athletecism and contract flexibility. Works via RealGM. Haywood gives Dallas a true sized center that has shown glimpses. He was playing darn good when surrounded by better players when Jordan and company were making a run. Had 9 points 13 boards and 2 blocks the other night against Phoenix. Earlier in the year had 5 pts 16 boards and 4 blocks against us and 23 pts 11 boards and 2 blocks against big Ben and detroit. Averages almost 4 blocks per 48 min. Haywood and Bradley splitting time with an occasional Fortson would definately be better than what we have now. I like Daniels but will never play as long as Finley and JHo are around. This team has played best when Bradley has been in providing some defense. Haywood could pick up the pieces when we are required to run a little more man. Maybe I'm dreaming but I think Haywood could be just what Dallas needs. I can see him with similiar numbers as Dampier with some PT and some coaching as the years go on.

C - Haywood, Bradley, Williams, Fortson
PF- Dirk, Jamison, Walker, Fortson
SF- Walker, Jamison, Howard
SG - Finley, Howard
PG- Nash, Best

The main rotation would include the starters, Jamison, Howard, Bradley, Best

Do not list Najera due to ongoing injuries
dmiiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2004, 03:25 AM   #2
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Haywood

we don't need every center out there..it would be great to see the ones we have getting some playing time

i'm happy with the williams signing...just play him and bradley at center the whole game..24 mins each or get a good look at both of them and play the better one for a longer amount of time.....bring fortson in when there's foul trouble

i think we can stick a fork in najera..his time is up in Dallas...he's been struggling with knee problems for the past year and a half
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:35 AM   #3
dmiiller

dmiiller is on a distinguished road

You are right we don't need every center. We need 2 that we can depend on. If you think we can depend on Scott Williams your nuts. He has played 7 games this year and has never played 24 minutes in his career. He is simply here because he is free (no player, minimal contract) and he is a good locker room guy. Yes, he might be able to give a solid 6 minutes here or 8 minutes there but you can not expect him to be the difference maker this year and definately not in the future. If you are able to get a 24 year old 7 foot center who swats balls, does not require the ball, has a small small contract,and is headed towards his best years of his career.....why would you not??? Williams is insurance in case Bradley or say somebody like a Haywood got hurt. It seems that Fortson will not get any playing time under nelson unless we are playing Shaq so you can not count on him. Bradley and Haywood heading into next year would be ideal.
dmiiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I agree. Picking up Haywood would be an exceptional move for this team however my gut feeling is Washington would not want to part with him so cheaply. Hopefully Donnie and Cuban are still pursuing other trade options for another backup Center.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Haywood

Ok williams is nice and all...FOR THIS YEAR...the man is 35...2 years from now he wont be in the league...if we get haywood that is laying the foundation for the future.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

I really dont care if we traded for him and he never played this season....you have got to think about the future. We wont be loaded with all this forwards forever. Bradley is old. Give me Haywood.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #7
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
I agree. Picking up Haywood would be an exceptional move for this team however my gut feeling is Washington would not want to part with him so cheaply. Hopefully Donnie and Cuban are still pursuing other trade options for another backup Center.
The expansion draft is coming up..... and maybe washington isnt planning on protecting haywood

Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:47 PM   #8
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

It would be nice to have a younger, developing true Center on the roster and hopefully they will add somebody in the offseason if not now so we at least have hope the position will eventually be settled.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

From a washington stand point the trade makes zero sense. small for big you just don't do it.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

1 below average young center plus 1 below average elderly center plus below average undersized power forward does not equal one good center. End the madness. Stop the influx of shit! We need someone who can play!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote