Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts
Default The deal that I think would be better for our team

Would be to try and pick up Sam Cassell or Andre Miller as the backup point guard.

Everybody in the national media is saying how our chemistry might be permanently damaged, but who know.....this might be what finnally lites a fire under some of these guys.

Its kinda like when you get a written warning at work and it causes you to get your ass in order.

TNT and guys in the national media keep speaking about the Mavs "window" closing and that is hogwash.

As long as Dirk is a 25-10 sort of player and Josh stays at his current pace the Mavs will be one of the better teams in the NBA.

Josh, Dirk, and Devin aren't even 30 years old and guys can still be elite players into their mid-30's.

I think our current team matches up well to every top team in the West. I don't think we matchup well to the Rox, lakers, Suns or Spurs if we lose Diop and only have Damp, Dirk and Bass as our big men.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Not gonna debate the statements above...... yet.

What are you going to trade to do it though, and why would each side do that?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

You know while every one was moaning for J-kidd I was saying we should just get sam cassell, here are some reasons- he can immediately teach Devin, he can hit big shots in the playoffs, he has championship rings(I saw him hit big shots i the finals versus the knicks on espn classic), he can help teach devin how to run a offense better and we don't have to blow up our team for him. But sadly I know everyone will go running for J-kidd because he is more well known and it will be a foolish move
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I wouldn't mind bringing Cassell in here if it meant not having to trade away half the team.

Not interested in Andre Miller though...
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I dont think so........
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The only feasible way we could get Cassel is if he gets bought out and if he gets bought out he's already expressed much interest in going to Boston.

I would like to have him here.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

yeah he has a pretty good relation with KG so if it's up to him he's going to Boston finishing of what he couldn't get done in Minnesota paired with KG.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote