Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default K-mart?

"Meanwhile, league insiders say Dallas also has been working the phones for a big man, focusing mostly on Denver's Nene, out after cancer surgery, and Kenyon Martin, a Dallas high school product finally regaining his health after knee operations."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ck=1&cset=true

Sorry if this has already been posted.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Hmm they are both good players...but both have injury problems..idk whn Nene is due bak, but I would go for him since hes younger...but thn again Kidd and K Mart..hmm

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 02-19-2008 at 12:43 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

what in the world do they have to trade. this better be like a rip off gasol trade cuz i dont see the parts in place for another big deal, unless its for cap space.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Pairing Martin with Kidd again would be pretty sweet, I would actually take a chance on him if we didn't have to give up too much.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

K-Mart would be sweet!! Nene not so much... cant jump
Old 02-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

We don't need K-Mart. We already have on in BBass. Kidd will bring out the best in that guy.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any chance on this one. Both have too many years left to be bought out, and Dallas has nothing left to trade.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

we will not have harris, so sad.......
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

How do either of these players help us defend Shaq or Duncan?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Not even if he was a blue-light special.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

kidd and k-mart would be awesome! kidd brings out the best in k-mart. not only that buy he'll be extremely hyped up to play for his hometown mavs! B.A. pride! imagine this:

kidd to damp shuffle passes
kidd to dirk pick and rolls
kidd to k-mart lobs
kidd to j-ho alley oops
kidd getting 10 assists and 10 boards per game

INSANE!

Last edited by destroy ALL; 02-19-2008 at 10:43 AM.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I don't see how the salaries could be made to match. Terry for Nene is possible under the cap rules, but I think that would be a terrible trade for Dallas.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
kidd to damp shuffle passes
INSANE!
Kidd to Damp muffed passes.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

ZOMG!!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Nene can do a good job on Duncan if healthy.

and why are people mentioning Jet for Nene?? that makes no sense and it wont happen, thta would almost be blowing up the whole team

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
Kidd to Damp muffed passes.
I said it in another Thread Kidd will help Damp out a lot. I expect him to get many more easy looks

........GO MAVS
Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #17
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default It's all that works

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Nene can do a good job on Duncan if healthy.

and why are people mentioning Jet for Nene?? that makes no sense and it wont happen, thta would almost be blowing up the whole team
When I mentioned it, I said I didn't like it. But it is silly to talk about trading for a player without some idea how such a trade could work under the salary cap.

To trade for Nene, you have to trade either JET or Stackhouse--even if you package up all the remaining players except for Dirk, Josh & Damp (remember, you can't package the players received from New Jersey) including George, you can't match salaries.

So unless you want to trade JET or Stackhouse, you can't get Nene.

Here's a deal that works, George for Mike Madsen, whom Minnesota wants to unload.

Just have to talk George into it. He did go to college in Minnesota. Maybe he likes cold weather.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I just cant see us trading Jet now, unless we get back somthing similar and better

and IMO Mike Miller is not it

........GO MAVS
Old 02-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #19
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I said it in another Thread Kidd will help Damp out a lot. I expect him to get many more easy looks
I said it in another thread too: Kidd can't catch the ball for Dampier.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
I said it in another thread too: Kidd can't catch the ball for Dampier.

No, but he can make sure that Damp gets a solid pass higher than his knees...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-19-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

There's really no way we could trade for anything else until off-season. Unless we're planning on using the rumored Vernon Maxwell contract as a sign and trade (like Van Horn) I don't see any way we can get anything significant back without giving up too much.

Aside from a potential Kevin Willis type of signing, I don't see anything big happening. These are our guys.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
No, but he can make sure that Damp gets a solid pass higher than his knees...

Thank you

........GO MAVS