Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
You were still wrong.
lol

I still don't think they view Max as a major league catcher defensively. We'll see. It may not matter anyway because he hasn't hit in over a year now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #122
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
lol

I still don't think they view Max as a major league catcher defensively. We'll see. It may not matter anyway because he hasn't hit in over a year now.
Um....

"We felt like his catching improved in spring training, and that's continued in Oklahoma," Daniels said about Ramirez.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
Um....

"We felt like his catching improved in spring training, and that's continued in Oklahoma," Daniels said about Ramirez.
Fair enough. That would seem to imply that they were certainly concerned about his future at the position at one point.

And it could also just be JD being nice.

I still think Ramirez's future in the bigs (if he even has one) is as a DH and maybe an occasional game at catcher to give the regular a rest.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #124
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fair enough. That would seem to imply that they were certainly concerned about his future at the position at one point.

And it could also just be JD being nice.

I still think Ramirez's future in the bigs (if he even has one) is as a DH and maybe an occasional game at catcher to give the regular a rest.
Yeah I am giving you shit more for the sake of giving you shit than for thinking you are wrong. I do think the Rangers view him as a catching prospect but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them eventually move him to 1B or have him DH, (assuming he both stays with the Rangers and assuming he can stay in the bigs). Either way I think we can both smile due to Taylor going down. That man is LOST at the plate.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #125
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Harden is horrible but luckily you have Peavy on the other side pitching. Seems like everyone of Rich's counts go to full.

I wanna see Holland pitch, Harden will be lucky to go 4 today.

Last edited by JCmasta; 04-28-2010 at 07:49 PM.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #126
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Harden ended up throwing a nice game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #127
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Why does our bullpen stink all of a sudden? Jeez.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #128
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be shocked to see Tanner Scheppers up before the All-Star break.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #129
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
Why does our bullpen stink all of a sudden? Jeez.
I believe its called Murphy's Law
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #130
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Harden ended up throwing a nice game.
No he didn't. I'm happy for the win but he was still pretty terrible. Five walks and two hit batters in six innings is terrible.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #131
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I believe its called Murphy's Law
Objects in motion tend to stay in motion?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #132
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Objects in motion tend to stay in motion?
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

p.s. What you are referring to would be Newton's first law of motion...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #133
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
No he didn't. I'm happy for the win but he was still pretty terrible. Five walks and two hit batters in six innings is terrible.
Yeah - he pitched horrible. He is SOOO damn frustrating. You have friggin Vizquel at bat and he walks him in like 4-5 pitches. I mean why pitch around a guy hitting sub-.100? JUST THROW THE FING BALL WITHOUT TRYING TO PAINT THE CORNERS OR INDUCE A SWING AT CRAP...

He pitched a "quality" game by the 6/3 standard, but if not for the FOUR double plays he would have been pulled well before the 6 innings. Sure, he COULD have actually finished the 6th with a shut out. If he did, it would have still been because of his defense behind him and I would still consider it a poor pitching performance.

As far as Feliz goes, his velocity is down 5-6 mph and EVERYONE is just sitting on a fastball. He needs to improve his secondary off-speed stuff and fast. He can't get those pitches in for strikes so people just wait for the hard stuff and now that it is coming slower it is much easier to hit. The difference between a 94 mph fastball and a 99-100mph fastball is incredible. If he is going to start, sure, deal with pitching in the 95-97 range, but as a closer, throw that shit young man.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #134
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
that he got to 6 innings is pretty impressive for him.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #135
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Where Feliz is concerned, it is worth noting that the radar gun at the ballpark is widely accepted to be at lest 2mph slow. So while his velocity may be off a bit, I don't think it's as off as it would seem.

But the point stands, he does still need to developer his secondary stuff. I don't think he's the closer much longer anyway now that he's shown how much trouble he has pitching back to back.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 04-29-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #136
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Where Feliz is concerned, it is worth noting that the radar gun at the ballpark is widely accepted to be at lest 2mph slow. So while his velocity may be off a bit, I don't think it's as off as it would seem.

But the point stands, he does still need to developer his secondary stuff. I don't think he's the closer much longer anyway now that he's shown how much trouble he has pitching back to back.
Well, he hit 100 at TBIA several times so is he throwing 102-103 during that time? I think his velocity is definitely down.

But I do agree that his closing days will be numbered if he can't pitch back to back. They will probably end up just rotating Frankie and Feliz with the way Frankie has settled down, (or give it back to Frankie full time).
Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #137
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Has he? I don't remember him hitting 100 at home yet this season. But that certainly doesn't mean he hasn't. I wonder if you can look that up somehow.

All I know is Nadel and others routinely mention the gun at the park being slow. You'd have to take a look at the velocity splits of other pitchers to know for sure. Maybe I'll try to track that over the next week.

But regardless, even if it it is slow, he's still down a bit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 04-29-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #138
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

The AA hitters are thanking God for this decision, as Tanner Scheppers has been promoted to AAA. Tanner's line in AA?

6 games, 11 IP, 19 Ks, 0 walks, 3 hits, 1 HR, 1 run allowed.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #139
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Colby Lewis is pitching the game of his life. 9 complete innings, 3 hits, 10 Ks, no runs. Only problem is that the Rangers can't score either. 10th inning, no score. If we ruin this for Lewis, then that is fucked up.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #140
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We ruined it - complete joke. AMAZING game by Lewis. He should be 4-0 right now.

Come on Darren - don't F the win up at least.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #141
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Way to Fing go Oliver... Way to Fing go.

Unbelievable.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #142
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Walk the next guy - go for DP...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #143
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Good!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #144
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I sure hope whoever pitches here has control....
Old 04-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #145
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hopefully this Darren cleans the other Darren's mess up!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #146
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Now score Texas!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #147
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

double play!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #148
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Sigh...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #149
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Our bullpen isn't strong enough to win this game if we don't hurry and score. How sad is it that the first time our pitching has been this dominant our offense is outrageously horrible. We have 3 damn hits through 11 innings. 3.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #150
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Come on Frankie...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #151
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Here we go again...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #152
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Nevermind - win please!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-01-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #153
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"Chone"

I'm never going to get over that.

What planet was his mother from?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #154
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahahaha - NICE! One more.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #155
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Ichiro tagged out at the plate! LOL!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #156
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Ichiro's career AVG is when you take the Rangers out of it.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #157
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

His name is actually Desmond DeChone Figgins. It is also obviously pronounced Shawn.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-01-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #158
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Really Wash?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #159
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I can't believe we have managed to get out of these two innings. NOW SCORE ALREADY!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #160
mavspwnage
Golden Member

LOL @ the ump throwing Wash out after 3 seconds. Must have said something about his momma.

Tags
americas sucktime, blindhomerparade, cadban knows dick, feldman=failman, flaco=ultimate pessimist, fluffy blows so harden, magic # = 0, playoff bound