Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome back...Michael Schumacher

First race : August 23rd ! Valencia ! Sensational.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 12-12-2009 at 08:37 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

He was in Top Gear about 2 weeks ago and was revealed as the stig........ but then they found the real stig in a locker tied up to a chair.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

never liked him, actually I always rooted against him, still I feel for him a little bit after the medical investigation prevented him from racing.

Just a tiny bit and probably only because there was this massive hype about his comeback(at least in Germany and Italy) and now he has to withstand that huge public demand for him.
Nah, now that I write it down I realize that's exactly what I hoped would happen one day, topped only
from the possibility of him coming back and sucking badly. Or the FIA invalidating all of his 7(?) championships after
some ferrari-insider admitted under oath some subtle way of cheating practiced by Ferrari over the schumi-years,
like Ross Brawn using a remote to steer his car (for whatever that would be good for).

But I am kind of shocked his motorcycle accident was that serious.

And I don't know what to do on August 23rd now.

The funny thing is that I heard on radio news the day before the seriously-injured-scoop broke that he
has booked a passenger's seat on a spaceflight in 2011 or 2012 for himself.
Two news-lines barely making sense together:
"can't drive a car-race for (back-and-neck-)injury reasons" - "flys to the moon"

But neither am I a physicist nor a physician(thanks leo!), so I can't assess all this bones, vibrations and G-force stuff.

Last edited by mavErika; 08-12-2009 at 12:46 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3500 th woohoo

True. I´m not into Racing, because i miss the real badasses like Piquet, Prost, Senna or Freddy Spencer, Mick Doohan aso, but this time i wanted to watch the race.

They sold more tickets on one day as the use to sell in a whole month.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 08-12-2009 at 01:00 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

The Prost-Senna days were slightly before my time but I think Prost had a comeback as well, or maybe it was just the blue Prost-team with other drivers. I remember G.Berger and J.Alesi driving for Ferrari, back then that was my favorite team, but since Schumi joined them that changed quickly. Ferrari was the likable loser team back then.
Then there was a time with a great rivalry between Schumi and Damon Hill with D.Coulthard as Hill's teammate for Williams and I rooted heavily for them. I think J.Villeneuve replaced Hill and won in his first year for Williams, but never again. I kind of liked H.-H.Frentzen and suddenly he became Coulthard's teammate for Williams(if I recall correctly), so I was pumped again, but they had a lot of bad luck, underachieved and Schumi won. After Schumi won too much I lost a little interest, but after his retirement things got really boring. Like Bundesliga-without-Bayern boring. Thank god there's plenty to hate in the nba; players, teams, coaches, commissioners...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
The Prost-Senna days were slightly before my time but I think Prost had a comeback as well, or maybe it was just the blue Prost-team with other drivers. I rem... he became Coulthard's teammate for Williams(if I recall correctly), so I was pumped again, but they had a lot of bad luck, underachieved and Schumi won. After Schumi won too much I lost a little interest, but after his retirement things got really boring. Like Bundesliga-without-Bayern boring. Thank god there's plenty to hate in the nba; players, teams, coaches, commissioners...
F**k you
Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
mavErika
Golden Member

This is the first season after Coulthard's retirement (he just skipped the retire-and-comeback part), so Barrichello is the only old guy in the field and finally has a good car again. I kind of like him but it's hard to fight the old reflexes after seeing him slowing down before the finish-lane for Schumi so many times.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Like Bundesliga-without-Bayern boring.
only and strictly for hating purpose! Self-explaining I thought. We don't have no good teams in da capita.
2.division is great though, with Union, Energie & St.Pauli, all came off to a good start.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

^ I prefer Düsseldorf who fired a welcome rocket in our area ( Gegen ) ...
Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
mavErika
Golden Member

Well, if St.Pauli is your team I guess you're pretty much set for the season
Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Not my team, but with Ludwig an Hoilett traded, it will be a hard fight. Promotion possible though
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
mavErika
Golden Member

my bad, this year's pokal first round, just googled it. Like these two guys, actually I thought you were talking about a Netherlands guy Ludwig van Hoilett (must have missed Hoilett as well).
Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Yes, it´s David Hoilett of Blackburn and Lude Ludwig. Strong team for the 2nd league though.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't this be in the lounge?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ...

Tags
wat