Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #81
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Johnson For Finley and PP

Joe Johnson > any mavs swingman.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #82
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #83
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Johnson For Finley and PP

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
JJ is a good player, but not worthy of MAX money just yet...especially not from the Mavs who have an abundance of SG's. The Mavs have more pressing issues than SG right now like back up C. Unless he is going to replace Finley in a trade having to do with Finley without giving up any of the young talent then I say no.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #84
Joey

Quote:
JJ is a good player, but not worthy of MAX money just yet...especially not from the Mavs who have an abundance of SG's. The Mavs have more pressing issues than SG right now like back up C. Unless he is going to replace Finley in a trade having to do with Finley without giving up any of the young talent then I say no.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #85
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Finley and Pavel for JJ is a no-brainer. Old, declining talent and young UNPROVEN talent for a PROVEN stud. JJ is one of the most VERSATILE guys in the league. You wanna keep JT for the long haul? Ideally, I can't think of many guys other than JJ who I'd rather have running the point for 20 minutes a night. (of course, I am biased. JJ is my 2nd favorite player in the league and a GREAT guy...knew him from my music lecture class here at the UofA.)
Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #86
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Finley and Pavel for JJ is a no-brainer. Old, declining talent and young UNPROVEN talent for a PROVEN stud. JJ is one of the most VERSATILE guys in the league. You wanna keep JT for the long haul? Ideally, I can't think of many guys other than JJ who I'd rather have running the point for 20 minutes a night. (of course, I am biased. JJ is my 2nd favorite player in the league and a GREAT guy...knew him from my music lecture class here at the UofA.)
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #87
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, i only see 5 or 6 players in the nba who are worth the max

kobe
tmac
td
kg
shaq

maybe
ai because he sells out arenas but hes older now so nevermind
lebron

redd? ray allen? joe johnson? ludacris..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #88
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

kobe
tmac
td
kg
shaq

maybe
lebron

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #89
Joey

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

kobe
tmac
td
kg
shaq

maybe
lebron

AMEN Preach it Brother!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #90
Joey

Quote:

kobe
tmac
td
kg
shaq

maybe
lebron

AMEN Preach it Brother!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #91
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Dirk is definitely worth the max if Kobe, TMac, and KG are.

Dirk=guaranteed 50 win season

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #92
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #93
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

With JJ you're paying for more than his current game, you're paying for his STILL vast potential.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #94
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

With JJ you're paying for more than his current game, you're paying for his STILL vast potential.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #95
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles

Yeah, I was about the say the same thing. I don't understand how Kobe, T-Mac, and KG are worth max money, and Dirk isn't.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #96
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles

Yeah, I was about the say the same thing. I don't understand how Kobe, T-Mac, and KG are worth max money, and Dirk isn't.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:35 PM   #97
alby
Guru

I forgot about Dirk, he probably is in my maybe category just because of last year's slump in the playoffs =] But he is definitely a top 10 caliber player (top 5 before last year's playoffs).

but im talking about nba economics as well. Kobe and Tmac bring in tons of money for their respective franchises.

i would also add amare into the maybe category as well..

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 06:35 PM   #98
alby
Guru

I forgot about Dirk, he probably is in my maybe category just because of last year's slump in the playoffs =] But he is definitely a top 10 caliber player (top 5 before last year's playoffs).

but im talking about nba economics as well. Kobe and Tmac bring in tons of money for their respective franchises.

i would also add amare into the maybe category as well..

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #99
alby
Guru

Quote:
vast potential doesnt justify max money

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #100
alby
Guru

Quote:

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #101
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Neither does Eddie Johnson or Eddie Jones potential...

JJ may be able to play OK defense and he may possess a decent ability to hit open three-point baskets (open shots that he will find few and far between in ATL, and a decent jump-shooting ability that he has only shown over the course of one season), but in my opinion his "vast" potential amounts to little more than a potential ability to someday become a second or third banana on a championship caliber team, and in my opinion, that kind of potential is a dubiously bought value for $70 million over a five year deal.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #102
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Neither does Eddie Johnson or Eddie Jones potential...

JJ may be able to play OK defense and he may possess a decent ability to hit open three-point baskets (open shots that he will find few and far between in ATL, and a decent jump-shooting ability that he has only shown over the course of one season), but in my opinion his "vast" potential amounts to little more than a potential ability to someday become a second or third banana on a championship caliber team, and in my opinion, that kind of potential is a dubiously bought value for $70 million over a five year deal.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #103
Joey

Nevermind...