thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default Give me romo

nuff said. .......bye bye bledsoe
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed...

The Mavs season couldn't come any sooner!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

ditto
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Got to hand it to Drew. He's talking on the post-game show now. He's not ducking that's for sure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

He never ducks... I don't know how I feel right now. All I know is he shopped for, bought, gift-wrapped, and gave that pick to Sheppard and that is unacceptable in that situation with everything that was on the line. If he is going to do it there, what will he do in an NFC playoff game late with everything riding on his next throw?
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

You want your quarterback to be a stand up guy but more importantly, you want him to stop thowing away games and putting himself in position to be a stand up guy.

Michael Lewis gave us the gift of overtime and Bledsoe gave it right back.

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-08-2006 at 07:16 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The woe is me posting in here tonight is about 1/10th what it would have been had t.u. lost to oklahoma saturday.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Imagine the Cowboys in a playoff game, on the road, with Bledsoe getting blitzed ever play. You just can't win with a statue. No way.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a case of the devil you know being better than the devil you don't know. I'm pretty sure Romo would throw his fair share of picks out there, too.

I put this one on the gameplanning. You have to have some shotguns and rollouts. And you have to find a way to get TO the ball. They opened this game with five-wide sets. That was clearly their game plan. They thought they could beat the blitz with quick passes to one of the five receivers, but it didn't happen. Better they should have guarded the blitz and let Bledsoe do what he does best.

Frustrating, to be sure. But I'm not sure if Romo wouldn't have effed it up even worse.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #10
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

For god sakes put Romo in; you can't honestly say Romo wouldn't have given us a better chance today. Theres no way he gets sacked 7 times while sitting back there like a statue.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, you may be right and that's why I'm glad I don't have to make the call.

While it's true that Romo may have also thrown a couple of picks today, there's no doubt in my mind that he would have made more plays. One reason that it's so easy to blitz Bledsoe is that you don't have to get to him; you just have to get around him. Off the top of my head, I can't remember him making any plays when his pocket breaks down. And I'm not just talking about this game either. He almost never escapes the pressure to make a play.

In all likelihood, Romo would have sidestepped one of those blitzes and had Owens or Glenn one on one. Even if he throws the same three picks, if he makes a couple of more plays we win the game.

Like I said in the game day thread, blitzing a veteran quarterback the way the Eagles did really shows a lack of respect...and not just for the line. There were times when the blitz was picked up (and when I say picked up I mean he had 2 seconds instead of 3) and Drew just held on to the ball too long.

Of course, the real reason that I’m willing to gamble the season away on Tony Romo, has nothing to do with blitz pick up. Quite simply, I don’t trust Bledsoe anymore. I don’t think he can get it done.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, D2K, Bledsoe did have a couple of nice runs when he left the pocket. One for a first down and one for a touchdown.

Right after the game, my gut was saying to call for Romo. But now that I have had more time to think about it, I think the problem is deeper than that. We need to have plays that can counter a fierce blitzing scheme. And I don't care if Bledsoe can't even move. We have to design plays that can get the ball off. Seven sacks is flat ridiculous. I know Bledsoe contributed to some of those, but he is a tough, hard-nosed football player, and he isn't going to quit on a play. You have to factor for that.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought the play calling was pretty weird. Why not go shotgun in the face of blitzing? I mean really.. I saw about 2 screens and about 2 roll-outs.

The cowboys just kept having bledsoe under center and he couldn't even take three steps and throw it. Insane.

How about a little hurry-up...just a tad to throw 'em off. And 1 try downfield...crap...if you pick up the blitz there should be some good stuff down there.

Bill cannot seem to get away from potential play-action, so very little shotgun. Ridiculous...The cowboys did the same thing under aikman and he got killed too.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I think we do have plays to counter the biltz. I remember one in particular where I counted 10 Eagles within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. In that situation, you throw the ball to Owens or Glen. I don't care if they're covered, give them a chance to make a play. Well, on the play in question T.O. ran a slant and appeared to be open but Bledsoe didn't even look his way. He held the ball for two seconds and took the sack.

the problem isn't the seven sacks (some his fault, some not) it's that he didn't make enough plays. Eli Manning took 8 sacks ia couple of weeks ago but he made enough plays to beat the eagles. In fact, the game winning touchdown was when Manning spoted zero coverage and just threw the ball up for Burres.

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-08-2006 at 09:52 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

"I know Bledsoe contributed to some of those, but he is a tough, hard-nosed football player, and he isn't going to quit on a play. You have to factor for that."

Isn't that like the old boxer who can really take a punch. It's admirable and all, but he isn't going to win many fights.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

D2K, are you saying you want Romo?

I recognize Bledsoe's flaws. But I also know that the guy can play well under certain circumstances. He does have some punch left in him, to continue your boxing analogy. In particular, his timing with Glenn is extraordinary.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Romo > Bledsoe

But that really isn't saying much for Romo...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my take.....

I don't think you can win with Bledsoe anymore. He is good for 8 games. Sometimes real good.

Romo most likely would not have won today. Maybe even gotten us blownout. But I think it's time to realize what we have and not let it waste. Let us go through the growing pains of Romo..... heck, he might surprise us. At least we will know if our future is bright or we gotta start over looking for another QB.

I don't think there is much chance of this happening with the con man in charge of the team. He is in a win-now mode.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is unfortunate.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #20
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
D2K, are you saying you want Romo?

I recognize Bledsoe's flaws. But I also know that the guy can play well under certain circumstances. He does have some punch left in him, to continue your boxing analogy. In particular, his timing with Glenn is extraordinary.
I think I am saying that. I just don't think Drew can get it done.

The question is, how does the team we'd put around Romo compare with the team the Steelers put around Rothlesburger his rookie year?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Not a fair question, because how does Romo compare to Roethlisberger? One went in the first round, and one wasn't drafted.

Then again, Romo has now been around awhile. I think he'd probably be okay, if you are asking. But I KNOW that Bledsoe can be far more than okay if you protect him.

It just pains me a little to take the mindset of: we can't stop the defense, so we better go the guy who can best avoid them.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #22
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The Eagles blitzed becuase they KNOW that Bledsoe doesnt friggin move and we have a weak O line. If you have Romo in there he's at least a threat at the rush and gets the ball out of the pocket faster with more accuracy.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

He're an exerpt from a 2002 Bill Simmons article.

----------------------------
We kept waiting for him to recapture the magic from the first four years of his career. And in the process, we ignored some basic, fundamental problems with the Bledsoe era. First of all, Bledsoe was a dinosaur. Turn the clock back 20 years and Drew would have thrived -- 6-foot-5, cannon arm, touch on the intermediate routes, intelligent and competitive -- but football changed drastically over the past 15 years. You wonder if even a Dan Marino could succeed these days, much less Bledsoe.

Think about it. Defensive ends weigh 290 pounds and sprint 40 yards in 4.6 seconds. Outside linebackers rank among the most agile, explosive athletes in any sport. Unless quarterbacks have luxuries on their side -- superior offensive linemen, receivers who draw double coverage, backs who force the defense to respect the run -- they have to scramble to survive. And they rarely have time to drop back, bide their time and throw BBs, Drew's specialty back in the day.

If that wasn't enough, franchise QB's always possess one trait that separates them from the masses. The athletic ability of Donovan McNabb and Steve Young. The accuracy of Kurt Warner and Marino. The competitiveness and killer instincts of Favre and John Elway.

But nothing jumped out with Drew. His inability to take advantage of his cannon arm was the most frustrating subplot of the Bledsoe era in New England (for every receiver he would hit in stride, he'd miss three). His failures in crucial moments have been well-documented over the years; he isn't exactly a choke artist, but NFL Films isn't working on a "Drew Bledsoe's Greatest Moments" DVD, either. And he never seemed to make it through a game without making one or two dumb plays.

During his formative years, Bledsoe excelled when the Patriots were trailing and he just started flinging passes around like a gunslinger, but those days slowly faded away. His final years in New England were highlighted by his remarkable ability to absorb an obscene amount of punishment, yet somehow protect the football -- as epitomized by the 2000 season, in which he was sacked roughly 430 times and fumbled just six times. No small feat. But it also doesn't make you a superstar.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not a fair question, because how does Romo compare to Roethlisberger? One went in the first round, and one wasn't drafted.

Then again, Romo has now been around awhile. I think he'd probably be okay, if you are asking. But I KNOW that Bledsoe can be far more than okay if you protect him.

It just pains me a little to take the mindset of: we can't stop the defense, so we better go the guy who can best avoid them.
You're right, Ben has more natural talent, thus he was drafted in the first round. You're also right when you point out that Romo has 3 years of NFL practice experience and that has to count for something.

On you're second point, I think a big reason we "can't stop them" is Bledsoe. When the defense brings more than you can block in an area, there'yre going to get there. Your quarterback has to make them pla. Either by avoiding the rush or making quick reads. Bledsoe's not really good at either.

Now Jimmy Johnson is the master of the blitz so maybe it's not fair to make a call on Drew after a game against the Eagles. The problem is, the NFC East now goes through Philly.

U2 summed up my feelings about the thing. I don't know what Romo can do but i no longer trust Bledsoe. He's a 6'5 rocked armed tease.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

I guess I'm an old-school guy. I tend to think that receivers should catch, runners should run, linemen should block, and quarterbacks should throw.

I'm not happy with the game today--not in the least. But the more I think about it, the less blame I want to put on Bledsoe. I just don't know if there was much there, all game long. Yeah, Drew could have got it out quicker. If he threw it away.

I think we did an absolutely horrendous job--ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS--of countering their blitz-happy defense, and Bledsoe was the fall guy. You have GOT to do a better job of scouting and game planning against your opponents. We were outcoached.

As the article hints at, Bledsoe is a gamer. He laid his body out for the touchdown run. He did the same for the ten-yard first-down run later in the game. By the way, anyone want to credit the concrete-footed QB for those plays? What about the sack that he turned into a three-yard gain?

I'm not sure you could have put Steve freakin' Young back there and seen a different result. I know for a fact that you wouldn't have seen a different result with Mcnabb back there. We got to his ass several times, with four-man rushes.

Now, you can say that the reason they were so blitz-happy was that Bledsoe was back there, and you would have a point. But Bledsoe is not without his skills. Terrible, terrible gameplan by the coaches today. Terrible job predicting what the other team would do.

Tony Romo might not have survived this game today. There were several plays when I remarked upon Bledsoe's ability just not to fumble the ball. And the touchdown play where he put his head down and wanted it more? The guy is a competitor, flat and simple. You can't ask for more than that.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You know.... I dont think the problem is the offense. Call me crazy. Go ahead....do it now,

All said and done, dallas was driving with a chance to be right back in that game, despite everything else that happened. Watch the highlights on ESPN and I think it's pretty obvious that the problem is Big Play Defense.

They didnt have any. You cannot give up that many BIG PLAYS to a division rival like that. It's like Parcells said in the post game, he seemed almost pleased to score 24 points. He said it twice "well, we scored 24 points"

by that he meant, 24 points should be enough to win a football game. By that he meant, the defense is to blame. Bledsoe will bounce back. The defense needs to take a look at itself IMO.

McNabb was the top passer this week in the NFL.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #27
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm not sure you could have put Steve freakin' Young back there and seen a different result.
Excuse me? Steve freakin' Young?

Steve Young is one of the best QB's of all time, and if he was playing instead of Bledsoe, the Cowboys would have won the game.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-09-2006 at 12:28 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Steve Young is overrated.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #29
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Steve Young is overrated.
The only thing that is keeping me from giving you negative rep for this post is due to the fact that you and I are big Nash supporters. Steve Young is one of the best QB's of all time. Period.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

I didn't say he wasn't good. Does that mean he can't be overrated??
Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 AM   #31
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I didn't say he wasn't good. Does that mean he can't be overrated??
Well, in your first post it sounded like you were saying he wasn't good. Yes, it can mean he is overrated, but I don't see how he is. It's tough to be overrated when you are one of the best QB's of all time.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #32
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Bring on Tony Crennel!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 AM   #33
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

And it's time for Parcells to hang it up too.

I've been a big supporter of him, but we've got little to show for the last four years, especially on the offensive side: no QB of the future, aging receivers, mediocre OL, average running back.

That's just not acceptable in this era where teams turn-around in a single season. We need some young and hungry, like a Marvin Lewis or a Lovie Smith.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 AM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Well, in your first post it sounded like you were saying he wasn't good. Yes, it can mean he is overrated, but I don't see how he is. It's tough to be overrated when you are one of the best QB's of all time.
I LOOOOVE Steve Young. I mean I absolutely love him.

but I dont know if he's one of the greatest of all time....
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #35
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

we are the suck
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You know.... I dont think the problem is the offense. Call me crazy. Go ahead....do it now,

All said and done, dallas was driving with a chance to be right back in that game, despite everything else that happened. Watch the highlights on ESPN and I think it's pretty obvious that the problem is Big Play Defense.

They didnt have any. You cannot give up that many BIG PLAYS to a division rival like that. It's like Parcells said in the post game, he seemed almost pleased to score 24 points. He said it twice "well, we scored 24 points"

by that he meant, 24 points should be enough to win a football game. By that he meant, the defense is to blame. Bledsoe will bounce back. The defense needs to take a look at itself IMO.

McNabb was the top passer this week in the NFL.
We, in actuality the offense scored 17, not 24.

I agree, the defense gave up some big plays. That does have to be addressed. But you can't tell you watched that game and didn't come away concerned about our Quarterback.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
We, in actuality the offense scored 17, not 24.

I agree, the defense gave up some big plays. That does have to be addressed. But you can't tell you watched that game and didn't come away concerned about our Quarterback.
(for the record I am not a cowboys fan...and I dont know why, but I hate the Eagles...)

IMO I think there should be more concern over the offensive line than the quarterback. I agree with Chum. If you protect Bledsoe, he's going to have a much better game. Everyone ranted about the O-line before the season (and rightfully so) and then just forgot about it. It's still a problem.

Overall, from that game, I'd say the defense is a concern. You can't let McNabb stand back there and make big plays to a bunch of spare receivers.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-09-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #38
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Here are some quotes from Bill Walsh and others about the QB position. This is NOT intended to draw a parallel between Romo and Montana. These quotes only draw a parallel between qualities a QB needs to be sucessful in Walsh's opinion and the qualities Bledsoe posesses.

“You look for intelligence, instincts, escape-ability, size. Plus, he’s gonna be the leader of the team if he starts, so you certainly don’t want a turd.

“It became apparent that Joe could make all the throws. He wasn’t one of those arrogant, self-centered types. He was one of the guys.”

Long-time scout George Saimes said Montana had a sixth sense that didn’t become apparent until after the draft.

“He was mobile, and he had such a good feel for the rush,” Saimes said. “Tom Brady has shown he has that. You think he’s gonna get sacked, and he just feels it.

“You don’t get him. He gets you.”
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #39
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Steve Young sucks donkey dick.

He's the B.J. Symons of the NFL. Nothing more.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #40
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Steve Young sucks donkey dick.

He's the B.J. Symons of the NFL. Nothing more.
hahaha
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote