Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-09-2003, 06:23 PM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default WOW!! What happened to....

...Greg Buckner

The guys minutes have hit rock bottom this year. Getting only 8 min per game and only 7 games played.
I remember watching a recent Sixer game waiting to see if I could catch Buck in the game and I only caught a glimpse of him with his head buried in his hands on the bench. I was hoping for big things for him at Philly. The guy was nothing but a class act with the Mavs and wish him nothing but the best.
I don't know his contract status but I hope he can catch on with another team.

He's averaging .9 pts - .7 rbs - .9 ast.

I guess Salmons and Thomas is taking his minutes away. Hang in there Buck!!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:WOW!! What happened to....

Is Griff playing at all in Houston?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: WOW!! What happened to....

Thank you Mark Cuban
For alieving Maverick fans of the torture of having to watch stumbling scub-ass fools like Buckner and Adrian Griffin on a daily basis.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Griff and Buckner played good D on Kobe though.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:43 PM   #5
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

According to Real GM, Greg Buckner has four years remaining on his contract, so at least he won't need to worry where his next meal is coming from.

[Ducking rotten fruit thrown by the anti-Nelson majority] Nelson gets a lot more from his players than most coaches. A lot of guys look good here and are rewarded with a contract elsewhere--Calvin Booth, Greg Buckner, Adrian Griffin, etc.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Thank you Mark Cuban
For alieving Maverick fans of the torture of having to watch stumbling scub-ass fools like Buckner and Adrian Griffin on a daily basis.
Tell us what you think madape!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:59 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
I bet Pat Riley could have made stars of them however.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
I bet Pat Riley could have made stars of them however.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
uhhhhhh, nah!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:16 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: WOW!! What happened to....

Griff and Buck are both good role players since they play defense and always go hard. Bucker is not, however, a 3mil a year player. Philly screwed up there and Cuban did a good job of showing restraint for a change.

IMO, the Sixers also overpaid for Kenney Thomas. He's a nice player, but I think he signed for about 7 years at 7 per year.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:10 PM   #10
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Thank you Mark Cuban
amen.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

After a great Utah series, Calvin Booth goes to Seattle and disappears with injuries.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:40 AM   #12
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, Griff STILL hasn't come off IR yet. I know he had surgery, but dang. I used to kinda like him. Hope he gets to play at some point.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:28 AM   #13
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It's like Nellie knows who is going to get hurt....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote