Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-20-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Celtics get:
Rodney Rogers
Tony Delk

Suns get:
Joe Johnson
Randy Brown
Milt Palacio
1st rd. pick

Boring trade, IMO, but being a child of the '80s I wanna see the Celts do well. I guess this gives them some scoring punch off the bench.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bland trade, but the Suns pick up a #1 pick and last years Celtic #1 pick in Johnson. Not bad.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 09:34 PM   #3
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Rodgers is good in the low post and I wish the Mavs could have gotten him.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

This was a great trade for My Celtics. Joe Johnson was something of an enigma for us...He started the year as our 3rd scorer (I remember a game at Milwaukee where he was on fire) but then fell off the face of the earth. I like Palacio and Brown, but Milt hardly plays and Randy is out for the season.

Basically, we got 2 very good players (not to mention scoring machines) and gave up 3 bench warmers. Plus, we don't need a 1st rounder this year, because we have so many young guys already, and it wouldnt be a lottery pick on top of that.

Kedrick Brown, if you haven't seen him play, is one of the best athletes in the entire league, and Johnson wouldn't have got any PT if he had stayed.

Great move!!
Old 02-20-2002, 11:53 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I was wondering why the Celtics picked up three guys in the first round this year that basically play the same position. Now that Forte is out, and Johnson is gone, I guess Brown was the one that made it. Interesting that they pick up Delk though. I really think Johnson is going to be a much better player. If Brown is the future, Delk probably won't be playing much either. Is Petino still running this club? Anyway, Rogers is a good pickup for them. He'll be a good sixth man type guy.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 03:54 AM   #6
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

What will be different ab. the Celtics game??? Nothing! Walker is still going to shoot 30 times a game and will rarely sit out, Delk will give them some backcourt scoring on some 5 shots per game, rogers could help them in the lowpost, if he gets some PG.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:32 AM   #7
Zille92

Zille92 is on a distinguished road

delk will have a breakout with the celtics. rogers don't fit in IMO. another tweener that takes jump shots. can't see rogers as the much needed low post help. still good trade for the celtics-they already cut palacio until he hit some buzzer beaters.
Zille92 is offline   Reply With Quote