Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Pro

Pro is on a distinguished road
Default Where to watch on TV?

I was thinking about getting an HD TV within the next couple of months.
Right now I have Timewarner cable in Dallas (but can also pick up over-the-air digital signals). Does channel 21 broadcast the games in HD over the air? Hope so - so that I can just switch from cable over to the air and pick up the signal.
Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No, channel 21 does not broadcast any games in HD. The numer of Mavs games you can actually view in HD is depresssingly low.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

AVS forum
HD sportsguide
Star Power

That's about all I'm good for.

I can tell you about my dad's experience... Going from Comcast to DirecTV to get more Mavs games. He switched cause you could only get HDNet, ESPN2 HD and TNT HD on Satellite at the time, but I think that's probably changed. I wouldn't be shocked if Time Warner cut/ repackaged some of the HD programing when it acquired comcast.

Good Luck.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
Pro

I am assuming that is the way mark cuban likes it
Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
Pro

I just dont get why no HD. I mean channel 21 DOES have a digital broadcast.
And I would think with such a good season last year and this one to come, more advertising would jump on it (hence more HD viewers). I bet the spurs and lakers have HD hand over fist.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:52 AM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
I just dont get why no HD. I mean channel 21 DOES have a digital broadcast.
And I would think with such a good season last year and this one to come, more advertising would jump on it (hence more HD viewers). I bet the spurs and lakers have HD hand over fist.
I doubt it. Hell, CBS doesn't even broadcast the majority of the football games in HD on Sundays. Usually it's only two out of their lineup that are HD.

Channel 21 is a really small station. I doubt very seriously that it would be economically beneficial to them to buy HD equipment and use it. I mean,, is there anyone out there not watching Mavs games because their not in HD? Probably not too many.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-14-2006 at 08:52 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
Pro

Well, the digital signal that comes in looks nice. Wish it was widescreen tho
Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
Pro

Its not HD, but ill take it over analog