Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-28-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default How lucky are the Suns?

Do you realize that even when they play the Spurs, the Spurs will have played a late game with Utah?
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

The Suns aren't a bad team by any means, but 17 games in a row is definitely the result of an insanely easy schedule. Looking at ours, for the most part, the tough part will be over around mid-February. Right now, the Suns are getting ready to face:

San Antonio
Utah
Denver
Chicago

over the next two weeks. Early March is insane for them:

Indiana
Lakers
Houston
Dallas
Detroit
Denver (in Denver on a back to back, always tough to play in Colorado on a back to back)

and in the last 3 weeks of the season they face:

Dallas
San Antonio
Lakers (twice)
Utah
Houston
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

OMG, the Spurs will be the 2nd night in B2B!!! I hate the Suns!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully they will go limping into the playoffs after they've peaked too soon.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

SA's season will officially begin after they beat down the Suns on Thursday..
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

What bugs me about the Suns is that they ALWAYS play an easy team on a back end of a B2B, or at least seems that way every time I look at their upcomming games.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

SA will lose by 20 to the Suns..book it

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly Ax, I will take you up on that. It'll be a close game, you can bet that. I can't call it, but there will be no blowout.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:43 AM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Hardly Ax, I will take you up on that. It'll be a close game, you can bet that. I can't call it, but there will be no blowout.
Truth.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I'd have to bet on the Spurs when they match up with the Suns just so that ridiculous streak gets snapped. Spurs by 8.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #11
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
What bugs me about the Suns is that they ALWAYS play an easy team on a back end of a B2B, or at least seems that way every time I look at their upcomming games.
Well, I use the easy schedule as an excuse to explain their hell of winning streak but I still feel nervous honestly. They just scare me. Even you play weak teams every other night, you can still lose one or two. They just keep winning. They can outscore you so they win. Even though I don't want to admit and don't believe Stern will give the award to one person for the 3rd year in a row, Nash is really playing grrreat. If they finish as No. 1 or 2 seed, he could be the MVP again.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw-xx
Well, I use the easy schedule as an excuse to explain their hell of winning streak but I still feel nervous honestly. They just scare me. Even you play weak teams every other night, you can still lose one or two. They just keep winning. They can outscore you so they win. Even though I don't want to admit and don't believe Stern will give the award to one person for the 3rd year in a row, Nash is really playing grrreat. If they finish as No. 1 or 2 seed, he could be the MVP again.
They could finish with 54 wins and he'd still win it, its not like it didn't just happen last year.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #13
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

And if the mavs were in this situation, we would be saying something like, "you still have to win those games." What is going to happen on this board if the suns start beating the western conference teams at the point where their schedule gets tough? Everybody is assuming that they will lose more often. It seems to me that Miami wasn't even the #1 seed in the scrub eastern conference last year. Yet, they are the reigning NBA champs.

We had a mavs team that went to WCF finals a few years ago that pushed the limit offensively like the Suns do. We played the right teams in the playoffs and even scored 85 points in the first half to beat Sacramento. We may have won it all if Dirk didn't get injured in the SA series.

The Suns are doing something spectacular. I think the Mavs can take them in a series, but I think thier 17 wins in a row is legitimate and impressive.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

They have been incredibly lucky but they still have to play the schedule and win.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote