Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all
Default The Heat better without Wade?

Bwahahahhahahahah! The Heat are on a roll! Eddie Jones is the new Dwayne Wade! But seriously, this season is setting up so nicely for the Heat to have their spirits crushed. What's the over/under on Shaq lasting for ten more games this season?

-pd
Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

They aren't better without Wade obviously, but they have been playing surprisingly well. The old role players are playing hard and they're doing pretty well. I kind of expect Wade to come back and then reinjure his shoulder in the last few weeks of the season.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Wade was holding 'em back! In fact, with him gone now, they are back as favorites to win the East....
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So, using the Nash argument, wouldn't the Heat's recent wins without Wade mean that Shaq should be the MVP this season?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

I don't know, but it definitely means Wade is not the MVP. I hope he makes it back though and the Heat get to the Finals. Sweet revenge.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
I don't know, but it definitely means Wade is not the MVP. I hope he makes it back though and the Heat get to the Finals. Sweet revenge.

Nah, I'd rather see them mediocre at .500 like the Steelers were this last season, that way nobody can deny that the refs handed them their ring! (now THAT'S sweet revenge...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Starting a thread about Dwayne Gayde makes me sick.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
So, using the Nash argument, wouldn't the Heat's recent wins without Wade mean that Shaq should be the MVP this season?
No, but it makes Shane Battier the MVP of the Miami Heat.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #9
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq can still be the most dominating force in the league. The Heat can still get wins with just him, but without Wade they can not make a serious threat in the playoffs. If the heat do make the playoffs and Wade returns just in time for them, their season will still be over.

Miami is done!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
i think this actually means that Dawyne Wade is the leagues LVP.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Shaq can still be the most dominating force in the league. The Heat can still get wins with just him, but without Wade they can not make a serious threat in the playoffs. If the heat do make the playoffs and Wade returns just in time for them, their season will still be over.

Miami is done!
I disagree. I hate the Heat with a passion just as any other fellow Mavs' fans... but I'm not sure they're anywhere near done at this point!

They have the big men (Shaq, Mourning) who can post up on offense and protect the rim on defense as well or better than any Center tandem in the league. They've also got a bruising PF (Haslem) who can defend, rebound and knock down the open jumper. Then they have 3pt shooters galore in Kapono, JWill, Posey, Jones, Walker, etc. If Wade comes back and everyone's healthy, this team will be the odds-on favorite to slice through the Eastern Conference like a piece of cake!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
I disagree. I hate the Heat with a passion just as any other fellow Mavs' fans... but I'm not sure they're anywhere near done at this point!

They have the big men (Shaq, Mourning) who can post up on offense and protect the rim on defense as well or better than any Center tandem in the league. They've also got a bruising PF (Haslem) who can defend, rebound and knock down the open jumper. Then they have 3pt shooters galore in Kapono, JWill, Posey, Jones, Walker, etc. If Wade comes back and everyone's healthy, this team will be the odds-on favorite to slice through the Eastern Conference like a piece of cake!
Your points are well taken, BUT, I think there has been to much distrubtion and distraction in that organization with Shaq's injury, Riley's absence, now Wade's injury, that it will be hard for to be at top level come playoffs. And are they that good that they can win anytime they want too? The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the east is weak and it might give them time to gel durning the playoffs.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If the NBA cracks down on flopping, the Heat have no chance of a repeat trip to the finals under any circumstances.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wade can suck it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #15
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

I think teams that are good can still play without a star. However, when the game is on the line, do you want Eddie Jones or D-Wade. No contest there. D-Wade can completely take over a game much more consitantly then anybody on that roster. Since he is not needed to do that every single game, the value of that ability is overlooked.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I like the idea that Eddie Jones is the new Dwade. LOL

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote