Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default This Year Finished - Next Year's Team & Trades

Congrats Golden State your team is better than our's. I am totally confused on Avery & Dampier. What Avery has done in the playoffs and why hasn't Dampier played? It would take a miracle for us to win now and we are just to soft with the bunch we play. Croshere and Dampier along with Howard are our physical guys and i'll even throw in Diop. We sure was not physical this series and really GS looks like the better team. No way can we beat GS in GS, so i feel this series is over. Now to next year.

I feel Cuban will be mad as one can be. Rightfully so. We was geared to beat all good eliete teams and probably can but we can't beat speed because we try to speed with speed and take out our centers. Then our centers can't score a lick. Dampier i feel is gone.

This wasn't totally Dampier's fault and if we do not get a big man to replace him, we will get killed. Dallas knows this and we will get a center. I wouldn't get Z and yes Z will be traded but he is soft, where Dampier is physical. Z plays offense and no defense and Dampier playes defense and no offense. An old washed up player like PJ Brown even now would have killed GS. He can score. I pick Chicago and SA in the finals and i am not sure who will win as both teams are very good.

It is very few centers that can play offense/defense so the game is fastly becomming a power forwards game with one of your power forwards playing physical, offense, defense and patroling the paint, like a center. Here are players i am thinking that will leave their team and will have new teams for next year.

1.Garnett, Camby, Dampier, Gasol, Miller(Sac), Z, AK-47, Mutombo, Stackhouse, Jerome James, Q Richardson, Maybe Jermaine O'Neil, Zach Randolph, Corey Maggette, Maybe Kaman, Maybe Bibby(Sac).

As you can see it will be some huge names moved. Let's be realistic here. Some of these players are the teams franchise player and they must get huge in return. For instance, Jermaine O'Neil is great and you can't get him unless Dirk is involved. So alot of the above players would be just wishing on our part. If we had a Camby now, i do not see us getting beat. Randolph is a hoss in the painted area. Garnett will be a huge major trade and probably Gasol will be. Miller is soft. AK-47 will be interesting because he use to could dominate or control a game in many ways. Him and Sloan are at wits end. Kaman is interesting. Gasol is very good. We all know how great Garnett is but it will take alot to get him and he is also expensive and he is getting up some now in age.

Teams sitting so good are Phx and what if they snag Camby, look how good Chicago is and they can pick up a player or so and they want Gasol.

Just remember if this team changes much or a major change or trade then it takes a major change or trade off our team and i am talking about player's like Terry, Harris, Dampier, Dirk, Howard, not player's like Ager, Croshere or George. I am not much impressed with Buckner either. Dampier has a big contract, so a team has to want him and weigh out their options to see if they need him. If Dallas get's a physical scorring power forard/center, then yes we can play Phx/GS style and compete with them. Our prob is we don't score down low or look to score in the painted area. If we pull our centers and play small, we are very likely to get beat bad in the paint. For some reason Avery will not play Dampier. Why hasn't Avery and our coaching staff made Dampier apart of the offense?

We are a good team and we can stay good and take our chances that we do not ever play GS and Phx again in the playoffs but this sounds like a cop out to me and us scarred. I am sorry everyone, Dirk is very good but he is more of a shooting guard than a power forward. A couple weeks before the reg season he stopped rebounding and thru the season he was a big rebounder and was inside alot rebounding. This is one of the main reasons he was MVP. He even learned how to block out. We won't win with Dirk at center.

It is a weird thing because Howard is almost like our power forward and he is physical. Avery does not know what to do about our guard situation because Harris/Terry are both good but he likes playing big out front with George. It has been talks of Howard at shooting guard, Dirk, or Dirk at the other forward position but the fact is, Dirk, Howard, Terry and Harris are so good they need to play but what is their position? You could leave everything just like it is and get a Gasol, AK-47, dreaming O'Neil and stick them at center but in all honesty we can't because these player's will demand our best players on a trade.

Again an older coach and an experienced coach has beat us and not with his talent but with his mind and Pat Riley did the same thing. GS has talent but they can't beat any other of these teams in the playoffs and they will get killed next round in the painted area. I blame Avery, not Dampier for this blunder. We keep running and we keep jump shooting like the old Finley/Nash team we had and Avery will not change for this GS team.

I give GS players all the credit in believing in Nelson and Nelson all the credit in the world by one of the most embarrasing losses in playoff history. I feel also you have exposed us and it will be change in our team next year. Who knows something could involve Terry also as teams want Terry and Howard bad. I feel if we ever lose Howard we are sunk because he is one of the only physical players we have on our team and he plays offense/defense. I can't see us trading Dirk after a MVP season. The last big problem is we stand around and won't drive. Stackhouse will at times. Harris and Howard does.

Will we stand still or change? I say we will try to get a younger driving Stack player and will try for a forward/center that can score and play the painted area.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The season isn't over yet. Learn to keep count.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't even read your post. Save this crap for after the season.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

yeah lol wait a couple days
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleywillcrushyou44
yeah lol wait a couple days
Fairweather.

lol
Old 04-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Worthless thread.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Didn't even read your post.
Do any of us ever?

WHOA. That's right, I just said what everyone was thinking!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

What we really need is a scoring center.
Trade Damp+Cro for Camby.
End of story.

fsadallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsadallas
What we really need is a scoring center.
Trade Damp+Cro for Camby.
End of story.
i don't see denver even dreaming about that trade...although i'd take it anyday for the mavs!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Fsadallas i agree with you as Camby can play defense and offense. It is talk of Camby as good as gone from that team but also getting a good center/power forward from a western team might be hard because of us playing in the west but i would welcome Camby.

I do not put all the blame on Dampier as i have seen Dirk and Terry and even Harris at times pick & roll with Dampier and Dampier slip and run to the basket and those players hit him for a wide open dunk. Tim Duncan does this almost everytime down court and Dampier sees it and defends it ok. Duncan kills teams with that play.

I ask, why does Avery not do this more? Ming and McGrady do it. If we stay with the same team as we have now we will still be a very good team untill we meet Phx and GS again or a team that is small and runs. This takes our centers away and we are no longer a running team and when we take our two centers away, then we do not defend. Our defense leaves. If we had a PJ Brown we would have won this series. He can score and yes he is old but he scores and defends.

I like our team no matter what we do but we have a huge hole at scorring with a center and we suck sometimes standing still trying to be a Phx jump shooting team and not going to the basket. GS and Phx both go to the basket and neither team can defend at the basket and the paint and this is why Phx can't beat SA.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

I would be all for getting Camby.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
I would be all for getting Camby.
Too bad his price is higher than Damp+Cro, especially seeing that Cro's contract is up and he might not get a new one.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #13
Gaddabout

Gaddabout is on a distinguished road

Rashard Lewis on the Mavs would be pretty scary. Can Josh play the 2?
Gaddabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Josh could definitely play the 2, and Lewis would be a nice addition but right now our concern as shown in this series is about getting offensive production out of our centers. Big Z for Dampier is something I have in my head right now... don't know if its possible but that would be a great deal for both teams from where i'm sitting.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #15
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I think Howard could play 2. I also feel like a player like Boozer is as good as a center but i know these good physical inside power forwards are hard to get. I have thought of these things the last two years and Dirk is so good but he is not the typical power forward. Lewis is a good player.

Z will probably leave the Cavs and Z for Damp might work.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #16
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't mind seeing if we could get FA Desmond Mason. We could have him start at SG or SF (with Howard moving to SG) or have him come off the bench as our 6th-man to replace FA Stackhouse. Mason's a pretty good defender.

Anderson Varejao would be great as a backup PF behind Dirk and as a C when we go small against teams like GS or PHO.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It's not the core that needs to be changed, they just ran out of gas. If we beef up the bench a bit, and actually play like we're capable of we'll be fine.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote