Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Denver looking to win the mike miller sweepstakes

Posted on dallasbasketball.com.
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/9038

If the "source" is correct, it'd be for Eduardo Najera and JR Smith, both of whom are in the last years of their deals. I'm not sure we can field a better package than that. The trades passes on the RealGM trade checker.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

Mavs are gonna stand there and let everyone else get better, and then lose in the first round again, thanks
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think 5-0 may have a coronary if the mavs don't get miller. It does appear that we should try to do that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

what happend to van horn's expiring contract? how come the mavs arent using it as part of a trade for a team who's dumping salary
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Posted on dallasbasketball.com.
http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/9038

If the "source" is correct, it'd be for Eduardo Najera and JR Smith, both of whom are in the last years of their deals. I'm not sure we can field a better package than that. The trades passes on the RealGM trade checker.
Ha, ha, let them gut their team. Meanwhile, we like our squad.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #6
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

There is no deal in the works between Denver and Memphis. You might want to change the wording of your thread title and opening post to reflect "the real story," dude.

When I asked some questions, it turned out the poster at db.com had (intentionally or unintentionally) used misleading wording in posting some idea he (or someone else) had merely created in the trade checker.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

So has Memphis ever really voiced yet that Miller is on the table as well?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so but after you trade the "franchise" player, superstar or not, then its probably a fire-sale.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
Mavs are gonna stand there and let everyone else get better, and then lose in the first round again, thanks
Seriously. Denver would be freaking stout after that deal.

I was beating my chest and touting the "we like our team" mantra all summer long, but enough is enough already. Somebody needs to swallow their pride and act if sh#$t is going down on the cheap all over the place like pao and this one.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-05-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I was beating my chest and touting the "we like our team" mantra all summer long, but enough is enough already. Somebody needs to swallow their pride and act if sh#$t is going down on the cheap all over the place like pao and this one.
How does Mike Miller help them exactly?

I mean they have AI and Carmelo who demand to keep the ball in their hands.
I guess a clean shooter would help, but since most of their shots will be taken by AI and Melo while slashing.... and dishing to inside finishers like Camby.....maybe? Seems like they have JR Smith to do this now, and he is much cheaper. I don't see the added dimension (skillset) or massive upgrade.

I would think a lockdown defender who could defend the perimeter and keep AI and Melo fresher for the offensive end of the floor would be more helpful, but what do I know.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Devean George, Trenton Hassel and Maurice Ager for Mike Miller. This trade would work as per RealGm Trade Checker: Trade ID #4471129

Devean George is a one year bird player which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if George agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

But this shouldn´t be any problem, as George made it clear that he wants playing time, or getting traded.

Make it happen Donnie!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Mike Miller?? I'd rather steer away from WNBA players if at all possible.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

She is not lovely to look at, but she can play and would help us. She is a good shooter (especially 3 point) and a hustle player. And if we could get her for players which rot on the bench anyhow and tighten the bench, it would be a further advantage.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 02-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #14
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
There's also a rumor that Artest will be traded for Nene.

Last edited by vmac; 02-05-2008 at 03:38 PM.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
She is not lovely to look at, but she can play and would help us. She is a good shooter (especially 3 point) and a hustle player. And if we could get her for players which rot on the bench anyhow and tighten the bench, it would be a further advantage.
True - women basketball players are known for their strong fundamentals...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #16
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Devean George, Trenton Hassel and Maurice Ager for Mike Miller. This trade would work as per RealGm Trade Checker: Trade ID #4471129

Devean George is a one year bird player which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if George agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

But this shouldn´t be any problem, as George made it clear that he wants playing time, or getting traded.

Make it happen Donnie!
Why does Memphis do this? Both Hassell and Ager have 2-years remaining on their deals. Memphis is supposed to be wanting EXPIRING deals. This doesn't really advance that goal for them.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
Why does Memphis do this? Both Hassell and Ager have 2-years remaining on their deals. Memphis is supposed to be wanting EXPIRING deals. This doesn't really advance that goal for them.
Agers 2 years have a club option on them. Not sure about Hassell.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #18
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
I guess you're right. She would be of more use than some of the other spares on our bench.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
Why does Memphis do this?

Because they're known to make sh*tty trades?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #20
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Because they're known to make sh*tty trades?
priceless!!
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
I guess you're right. She would be of more use than some of the other spares on our bench.
No kidding! He would be a 6-8 foot (!) shooting guard or small forward who likes to hustle. His FGQ is 51% and three point 43%. He is a good free throw shooter: 80% and decent rebounder 6,7. In addition he has 3,7 assists. So what is not to like at him, beside his look? If we can get him for these three players I mentioned, which don´t get playing time under Avery and only take important space on the bench, it´s a no brainer!

Can you imagine a lineup of:

Harris
Howard/Miller
Miller/Howard
Nowitzki
Dampier

Howard and Miller could switch their positions (offensively/defensively). I think this would be a nice (tall) lineup!

Why should Memphis do that?

I completely agree with Underdog. Look at the realized trade of Gasol. Enough said.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #22
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

God I want this to happen so badly.

Please Dallas land Mike Miller!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
God I want this to happen so badly.

Please Dallas land Mike Miller!

Are we even in the Mike Miller race to begin with?

(although I personally think Miller would do more for this team than Kidd, Shaq, or Gasol - especially when you consider which pieces we'd have to give up to get each trade done...)

Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #24
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

I would also prefer Miller an aging Kidd or Shaq, but don´t think Mavs are actively in the Miller race. Hopefully I am wrong, as no one at the Grizzlies is untouchable at the moment. This would be a great chance to get him without giving up too much.

"Talk to the claw."

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 02-06-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #25
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Are we even in the Mike Miller race to begin with?

(although I personally think Miller would do more for this team than Kidd, Shaq, or Gasol - especially when you consider which pieces we'd have to give up to get each trade done...)
If the Grizzlies plan is to clear cap space for this coming offseason then the Mavs probably aren't.

Of course based on that Gasol trade whether or not the Grizzlies actually have a plan is a very debateable point.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #26
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

The Spurs are the team that should be frantically working the phones for Miller. They've got the expiring contracts and don't mind parting with draft picks.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #27
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
If the Grizzlies plan is to clear cap space for this coming offseason then the Mavs probably aren't.

Of course based on that Gasol trade whether or not the Grizzlies actually have a plan is a very debateable point.
Actually, with KVH's contract they would get the expiring contract they're looking for while not having to take on any more players, thus allowing more playing time to their youth.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
The Spurs are the team that should be frantically working the phones for Miller. They've got the expiring contracts and don't mind parting with draft picks.

Shhhhhh!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #29
DelNegro

Quote:
Actually, with KVH's contract they would get the expiring contract they're looking for while not having to take on any more players, thus allowing more playing time to their youth.
True. But they're already wasting a roster spot on Aaron McKie, so they might need real players. In the end it would probably come down to who's got the better package of draft picks, draft rights, cash and whatever other "outside the salary cap" compensation they could put together.

Cuban's willingness to lump $9 mil on top of his luxury tax bill could also be a factor.

Last edited by DelNegro; 02-06-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really upset over not making a move for Kidd, Gasol, or Shaq. However, I would be upset if the trade deadline passes and Miller is on a team that's not Memphis or Dallas. I would really like to see him here, especially seeing as the Memphis Grizzlies aren't picky trading partners.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Any combination of KVH, Ager, George, Hassell for him sounds good to me.

I mean they really didn't get a lot for Gasol so I'm not overly inclined to offer a lot more than that for Miller.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I'm upset about not landing Gasol. I'll be really upset if Miller goes somewhere else.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
I'm upset about not landing Gasol. I'll be really upset if Miller goes somewhere else.

I could care less about Gasol (although I'm not happy that LA got him for nothing)... Don't get me wrong - I'd like to have Gasol, but we don't NEED him... Mike Miller would be huge to pass up though - he's exactly what the Mavs need (if he's even available...)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-06-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #34
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Is there really a mike miller sweepstakes? He is a great 3 point shooter but only a slightly above average all around player. I still think half of his legacy comes from his ROY, tons of guys I would want more than him.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

It looks like he started to turn a corner last year and become a more aggressive but smarter scorer. Yeah, you may want different guards than him, but realistically are you going to get any of them?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

If we really wanted to we could trade jason terry for mike miller straight up, mike miller is a better shooter, better defender, and he makes the same amount as terry. There is no way I don't do this deal if I'm the front office.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
If we really wanted to we could trade jason terry for mike miller straight up, mike miller is a better shooter, better defender, and he makes the same amount as terry. There is no way I don't do this deal if I'm the front office.
Hey, I'd make that trade if I was the Mavericks, but I don't see any reason why Memphis does. They are trying to shed salary apparently, and taking back Terry's huge contract doesn't really accomplish that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #38
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Yeah the best we can offer is expiring contracts or KVH's ghost contract. I doubt they'd want Terry but the way things are going over there who knows what they're thinking.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #39
randyman

randyman will become famous soon enough

I don't think Memphis will trade for us. I think the only reason they traded Gasol to LA was to do a favor for Pau. We are in the same division...I just can't see them ever doing anything to make us better. I hope I'm wrong. A KVH contract straight up for Miller would be consistent in what they did with Gasol.

Last edited by randyman; 02-07-2008 at 06:56 PM.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #40
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman
I don't think Memphis will trade for us. I think the only reason they traded Gasol to LA was to do a favor for Pau. We are in the same division...I just can't see them ever doing anything to make us better. I hope I'm wrong. A KVH contract straight up for Miller would be consistent in what they did with Gasol.

The KVH contract seems fair, given the Gasol deal... But then again, Jerry West never played for Dallas!

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2008 at 07:42 PM.