Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks @ Lakers GDT: 4/4/08 - 9:30PM CST

I still believe these fLakers are overrated.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #2
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official GDT: Mavs @ Lakers, 4/4/08, 9:30 CST

Gonna try my hand at another one of these GDT's. I had poor luck back in November but I've got a good feeling about this one.

Quote:

They're both offensive-minded, game-changing 7-footers, but lately Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki had simply been two tall spectators in street clothes. The Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks were more than happy to see them back in uniform Wednesday.

One game after both teams got their star big men back in the lineup, Los Angeles will host Dallas on Friday night with each looking to improve its standing in the Western Conference playoff race.

Gasol got hurt two minutes into the Lakers' 108-98 loss at New Orleans on March 14, and including that game, Los Angeles (51-24) went 5-5 with its starting center on the shelf, including stunning home losses to Charlotte and Memphis.

Gasol finally returned on Wednesday, scoring only 10 points in 32 minutes, but he added six rebounds and seven assists in a 104-91 win over Portland. The victory gave the Lakers a one-game lead over Phoenix in the Pacific Division and kept them within 1 1/2 games of conference-leading New Orleans.

"I think he looked great," said Kobe Bryant, who led the Lakers with 36 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists. "He looked good yesterday in practice and he played extremely well tonight."

With Gasol out, Bryant averaged 31.1 points, nearly three more than his average before the injury, but he also took five more shots per game.

When Bryant scores at least 39 points this season, Los Angeles is only 5-4.

Two of those performances have come against the Mavericks (47-28), who are currently sitting in the seventh spot in the West. Bryant scored 40 as the Lakers lost 112-105 in Dallas on Jan. 25, then had 52 to help Los Angeles to a 108-104 overtime win at Staples Center on March 2.

Games like those have helped put Bryant at the forefront of the debate over league MVP, the award Nowitzki won last year in leading the Mavericks to the NBA's best record.

When Nowitzki landed awkwardly on his left leg in the third quarter of an 88-81 loss to San Antonio on March 23, many thought Dallas might fall out of the playoff picture entirely with its leading scorer potentially out for the rest of the regular season.

But Nowitzki came back Wednesday and helped the Mavericks get one of their biggest wins of 2007-08. They thoroughly outplayed Golden State -- one of the teams they're battling for a postseason berth -- in a 111-86 victory, snapping an 0-9 drought against West contenders since the team acquired Jason Kidd.

"There was already a sense of urgency. ... And then seeing Dirk out there, it was very inspiring," said Jason Terry, who matched a season high with 31 points. "We were very surprised to see him (start)."

Nowitzki had 18 points on 6-of-15 shooting in his return.

"His presence is big on this team and we came out and played hard for him," said Josh Howard, who had 28 points. "He showed a lot of energy when he was on the court and that carried over to everyone."

Howard certainly did his best to step up with Nowitzki out. He averaged 30.8 points and 7.3 rebounds in those four games.

Howard is averaging 22.5 points in his last eight games against the Lakers. But Nowitzki has created the biggest matchup problems for Los Angeles this season, averaging 30.3 points and 11.3 rebounds.

He had 35 points in the teams' most recent meeting, a 102-100 Lakers' win in Dallas on March 18 when the Mavericks nearly rallied from a 25-point deficit.
Always a real fun one when these two teams go at it. This should be a very entertaining game. We'll get to guage where Dirk is with his ankle and assess the kind of momentum Dallas has going forward. We also get to see how Avery adjusts to playing this team a third time since we inserted Kidd, a good barometer for the team's growth in the past month and a half.

Another crucial game down the stretch for both teams as they are jockeying for position. This one is can't miss! Go Mavs!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 04-04-2008 at 03:34 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

i'll rock paper scissors you to see who's gdt wins.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Its the battle of the GDT's!

i mean, can't a mod merge these things to one thread?

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

Its the battle of the GDT's!

i mean, can't a mod merge these things to one thread?

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #6
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
i'll rock paper scissors you to see who's gdt wins.
How about this. If the Mavs win, it counts as my GDT win, but if they lose, then you're the one who screwed it up.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Two game day threads, has this ever happened before. Has be a good omen. Gosh, I know this is only basketball, but my stomach is already churning and there is over 12 hours to go before game time.

I can say one thing, since the birth of my third grandchild the Mavs are 1-0. Now they will be 2-0.

Mavs win 102-95!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This is sort of what I've been hoping Josh would wake up to.

Quote:
But in the last five games -- the first four without Dirk Nowitzki -- Howard has averaged 30.2 points and 7.2 rebounds.

"I'm trying to stay aggressive, that's all I can do," Howard said. "My teammates look to me as one of the top guys on the team. I have to take that into consideration. I'm not a rookie anymore; I've been around long enough."
It IS his responsibility for what happens on the team and he needs to act like it is, not dissappear for a half because dirk's out there. He's got to be aggressive the whole game. He no longer is a sidekick or a second bannana, he needs to feel personally responsible for the outcomes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I WILL BE WATCHING THE GAME IN LAS VEGAS TODAY.

GO MAVS.

Hopefully I get in early enough to make a bet? Everyone wish me luck q=).
Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
I WILL BE WATCHING THE GAME IN LAS VEGAS TODAY.

GO MAVS.

Hopefully I get in early enough to make a bet? Everyone wish me luck q=).
The HILTON sports book is probably the biggest....Ballys is nice too.

The MGM has a cozy little sports book right near their poker room...prime location.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR1111!!

Mavs by 5.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

WE'RE HERE TO PUMP MAVS FANS UP!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see if they turned a corner tonight after the GS game.

Go Mavs!!

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 04-04-2008 at 09:59 AM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #14
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Game Links:

ESPN
ESPN on Sopcast

CCTV5
Link1
Link2
Link3
Link4
Link5
Link6

Starsport TW
Link1
Link2
Link3

GO MAVS!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 04-04-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

F EM
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Defense + Rebounding + Transition offense = Mavs win
Mavs 101 Lakers 97

I will be interested in seeing how well Derek Fisher is moving around. I hear he has some sort of foot problem but is trying to play through it rather than have surgery. I think Fisher is a key factor in the Lakers' success so if he is a bit slowed down then Kidd should be able to take an even bigger advantage at the PG slot. I predict a big game for JKidd: 14 pts 10 rebounds 19 assists.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Over/Under Kobe's FTA = ?

Whadya think?

20?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Whadya think?

20?
I think it'll be closer to 30... Maybe 25-28?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
I predict a big game for JKidd: 14 pts 10 rebounds 19 assists.
Nice to hear he will get his 100th triple double.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Whadya think?

20?
I'm thinking 16.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I am pumped for this game! Go mavs!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #23
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

can we use magloire to break kobe's pinkie?
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I really can't get a good idea of who will win this game. The Mavs are a poor road team and hadn't been playing spectacular until Wednesday. The Lakers have Gasol back, but had defensive issues even WITH Gasol and aren't playing that well lately. And the GRizz are even worse than the Mavs on the road but that appeared to be no problem for them.

I just have no idea about this game... but I won't be too disappointed if we lose, ESPECIALLY if the Warriors lose to the Grizzlies tonight.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #25
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Darn. I wanted to start the game thread! Is there a rule against Spurs fans starting a Mav game thread?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Darn. I wanted to start the game thread! Is there a rule against Spurs fans starting a Mav game thread?
Maybe you could start a poll...?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #27
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We are going to win!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #28
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Will not be that easy to win for LAL, but i expect a close match.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

You're not going to stop Kobe so the Mavs have to make sure they stop guys like Vuijic, Walton, Radmanovic, and Farmar from doing any damage.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
You're not going to stop Kobe so the Mavs have to make sure they stop guys like Vuijic, Walton, Radmanovic, and Farmar from doing any damage.
Agreed. I'd like to see the Mavs just concede 30 to Kobe and focus on the other guys. Of course, if he starts getting up into the 40's/50's, that's where we're gonna have real problems.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Agreed. I'd like to see the Mavs just concede 30 to Kobe and focus on the other guys. Of course, if he starts getting up into the 40's/50's, that's where we're gonna have real problems.
He had 50 in the Lakers only loss to us this season...

Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #32
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
That was kind of a weird situation though. First of all, that was pre-Gasol. Second, as I recall, only about 36 of those points where really when the game was in serious contention. He scored a bunch at the end to turn it from around a 12 point deficit to a 3-4 point final margin, but the game was never really in much doubt in the 4th.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #33
LonghornDub

Quote:
That was kind of a weird situation though. First of all, that was pre-Gasol. Second, as I recall, only about 36 of those points were really when the game was in serious contention. He scored a bunch at the end to turn it from around double digit deficit to a 3-4 point final margin, but the game was never really in much doubt in the 4th.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-04-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #34
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

As long as we don't let Vujacic hit buzzer beaters at the shot clock's end, we should be fine.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
That was kind of a weird situation though. First of all, that was pre-Gasol. Second, as I recall, only about 36 of those points were really when the game was in serious contention. He scored a bunch at the end to turn it from around double digit deficit to a 3-4 point final margin, but the game was never really in much doubt in the 4th.
Ohhh - so now it's about HOW these numbers happen?

I thought statistics were supposed to be a "magic 8 ball" - are you suggesting that there's some kind of chaos dictating reality and that studying what happened in the past doesn't necessarily predict the outcome of the future???

My statistics professor must be rolling over in his grave...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #36
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I'd say there's a 50/50 chance we win or lose if Kobe scores 50. As long as we keep him from scoring 60, we should be fine. History seems to support this view...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Gasol this, Gasol that..... Damp PWNZ Gasol.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
LonghornDub

Quote:
Ohhh - so now it's about HOW these numbers happen?

I thought statistics were supposed to be a "magic 8 ball" - are you suggesting that there's some kind of chaos dictating reality and that studying what happened in the past doesn't necessarily predict the outcome of the future???

My statistics professor must be rolling over in his grave...

Actually, that seems far too complicated, now that I think about it. Let's just roll with stats dictating everything. That will save me a lot of time because now I know who the next 50 NBA champions are going to be.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #39
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd, Howard, and Prop Plane have to step up tonight and play at the highest level they are capable of on BOTH ends of the court. If they don't, we get blown out.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #40
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Kobe scored 40 when we beat the Lakers not, 50.

If Kobe "owns" the Mavs, doesn't Dirk own the Lakers? 30/11 averages from the first 3 meetings.

Underreported story: The Mavs are holding their last 10 opponents to 40% shooting and only 30% from behind the arc... and the Lakers have a tendency to fall in love with the 3 at time.

Dampier had 16/17 in 31 last time against Gasol... if anything, Turiaf is worse for the Mavs than Gasol!!!

He held Gasol in check too.

This game is very winnable if Dirk is close to 100%... I won't be disappointed with a loss, but I'll be ecstatic with a win.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josh howard