Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #81
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

I maintain my stance. I hate to say it, but JKidd would do wonders for this team, god damnit...and I do mean WONDERS. If we can somehow manage to pick up a DECENT starting PG and lure D12 here, we will be a title contender.

Simply put, Roddy is our best PG at getting the ball to Dirk. He seems to be the only player we have capable of getting the ball to Dirk consistently, and when Dirk is in rhythm. I think this is partially due to the fact that he has had about 4x as much experience with Dirk than have any of the other guys, but i digress. The fact that Roddy isn't getting the majority of the minutes at PG is actually pretty baffling to me. Just watching him in limited minutes tonight reminded of why Carlisle can infuriate me at times, despite his obvious genius in most categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtuppel View Post
I think Mayo could be on a good way, his assists were at tiimes more helpful than his scoring.

there are only three guys on the team that could not be easily replaced though, and that is dirk, marion, and carter (imo really great the way he fills his veteran role coming of the bench).
wright is one of the better other ones with his work under the baskets.

but e.g. kaman isn't wort anything, 12+ point offensive cant make up for no defense at all, same goes with collison. crowder and james show passion but don't know how many shots they sould take.

edit2: although it is blasphemy here, but having watched the lakers games recently: actually the mavs could also need just one guy doing it all like (i do not like him, but one has to respect what he does) bryant carrying the whole star studded lakers alone right now. who thought that all the top guys fall way below their standards but the old man in his 17th season play his ass off and that arguably better than ever...

I don't put Marion in this category because he's not the defender he was. He can't hit the 3 and doesn't spread the floor. Crowder is doing a great job of filling in for him as a rookie. He's crashing the boards on both ends and helping space the floor. Now he is adding an attack the basket to his arsenal. He is doing a lot of the intangibles that Marion did.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-13-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
I maintain my stance. I hate to say it, but JKidd would do wonders for this team, god damnit...and I do mean WONDERS. If we can somehow manage to pick up a DECENT starting PG and lure D12 here, we will be a title contender.

Simply put, Roddy is our best PG at getting the ball to Dirk. He seems to be the only player we have capable of getting the ball to Dirk consistently, and when Dirk is in rhythm. I think this is partially due to the fact that he has had about 4x as much experience with Dirk than have any of the other guys, but i digress. The fact that Roddy isn't getting the majority of the minutes at PG is actually pretty baffling to me. Just watching him in limited minutes tonight reminded of why Carlisle can infuriate me at times, despite his obvious genius in most categories.

So Dirk hasn't returned to greatness because Kidd is gone?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #85
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, look at it again. Dirk's greatness coincides more with Kaman not playing. Kaman played two minutes last night. Dirk gets another double double. I'm sure Joshi could do the breakdown but I bet Dirk's numbers are a lot better when he aint with Kaman.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #86
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Actually, look at it again. Dirk's greatness coincides more with Kaman not playing. Kaman played two minutes last night. Dirk gets another double double. I'm sure Joshi could do the breakdown but I bet Dirk's numbers are a lot better when he aint with Kaman.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Dirk and Kaman don't mesh well together, simple as that. Too bad that Carlisle isn't able to see that. And we need Dirk much more than those few points of offensive production Kaman might give us.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #87
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So Dirk hasn't returned to greatness because Kidd is gone?
as has been mentioned at LEAST a few times in this thread, Dirk's production is currently way down because he doesn't have a guard not named Roddy who can get him the ball. The only 2 players who I have seen effectively get the ball to Dirk when he wants it are Roddy and Carter....that is simply shameful and unacceptable.

Dirk looks to be moving as well as he ever has, IMHO, and his shot looks fuckin wet again...these are good signs people...good signs.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #88
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
as has been mentioned at LEAST a few times in this thread, Dirk's production is currently way down because he doesn't have a guard not named Roddy who can get him the ball. The only 2 players who I have seen effectively get the ball to Dirk when he wants it are Roddy and Carter....that is simply shameful and unacceptable.

Dirk looks to be moving as well as he ever has, IMHO, and his shot looks fuckin wet again...these are good signs people...good signs.
Yeah that's the issue. There is still the faulty belief that Dirk isn't himself because of other people.

I will agree that his shot is looking better in general.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #89
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is still the faulty belief that Dirk isn't himself because of other people.
Well, in order for Dirk to be Dirk he would have to pull a Carlton and take it out of Kaman's hands

http://youtu.be/yjTpEQWyCjM

Last edited by Bayliss; 03-13-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #90
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well, in order for Dirk to be Dirk he would have to pull a Carlton and take it out of Kaman's hands

http://youtu.be/yjTpEQWyCjM
the most applicable video I've seen on the relationship Dirk has with our guards..

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #91
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Dirk's still the greatest. Expecting a MONSTER game from him tomorrow against Spurs.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #92
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"Personally, talent-wise, I think our current roster absolutely decimates the team we had in 2011"

Still stand by this?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dirk isn't himself because he's not getting enough touches..shots. Is that a product of him getting older, playing less minutes, and perhaps feeling less capable of carrying the load?.. or is a product of poor decision making by other players? Perhaps it's a bit of all of the above.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Over the last 13 games:
Dirk
Pts: 18.2
Rebs: 8.6
Asst: 2.8
TOV: 1.6
FG%: 50.8
3pt%: .485
FT%: .930
MPG: 32.3
FGA: 13.6

From a quick glance at the stats.. it looks like Dirk is back to being Dirk minus the minutes and shot attempts.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #95
Murphy3
Guru

2012-2013
1.367647 pts per shot

rest of his career

2000-2001 to 2010-2011

By no means is this in depth analysis..just a quickie look to see how Dirk's performing when he shoots the ball. As of late, he's shooting a higher percentage than normal but not getting to the line all that much. He's been efficient shooting the ball, but hasn't had nearly as many looks.

Tags
arrogance tyme, ima sports agent!, reading comp fail