Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-30-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Check another one off the Mavs list.

Link

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2001, 04:03 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

This is getting ridiculous. With Wells back at full-health, and Anderson and Patterson in the mix, the Blazers - barring another second half meltdown - have moved in front of the Mavs as far as I'm concerned.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 04:28 PM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The Blazers have already proven that bringing in ALL THE TALENT in the world doesn't mean anything if they're not coached well and they don't respond well. So as far as I'm concerned they'll have to prove to me that they're in the upper echelon because with the talent they've had the past two years, they should be reigning NBA champs, but they're not so they're a playoff caliber team without question, but I still like my chances with Dallas.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:30 PM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

stoudamire, anderson, wells, pippen, patterson, davis, wallace, sabonis

sounds nice so far.

kemp, strickland (anything heard of him?), kerr

maybe they try to bring in tyson and o.j ...

WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

or is it a sign that both Sabonis and Pippen may not come back?

I am not sure what to think of that ...

Mason is available too, and DeShawn Stevenson or whatever his name was ...

Strange mixture ...

Maybe we can lure away that rook?

j

Old 07-30-2001, 08:46 PM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Portland has not moved ahead of the Mavs. Portland will find that egos will clash and all the stars they signed will want to play 30-35 minutes a game. And ya know what? It won't happen. Just not enough minutes to go around.

I'm not worried about Portland and neither should the Mavs. You don't win championships with an All-NBA team, you win a championship with a couple of All-Stars, good solid role players, and a deep bench. We have the fundamentals in place. Just like the Lakers & Celtics in the 80's, the Pistons & Bulls of the 90's. (Whether we reach of the height of those teams depends on how Dirk & Finley improve and if we can get an enforcer a la Rodman, Mahorn, Rambis, etc etc.)

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 12:26 PM   #6
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I think they'll have a roster of only stars next season, so they don't even who should start and who to give the ball on the court. They will get their butts kicked once again!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote