Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
Hansolo

Hansolo will become famous soon enoughHansolo will become famous soon enough
Default Cuban owns the Democrat Mavericks

"The Democrat Mavericks"... That is what I heard someone call our team the other day.

Cuban is making it hard for me right now...

I am not a big Trump guy at all btw. Mark is getting on my nerves though by his involvement.

Last edited by Hansolo; 10-20-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Hansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Hansolo

Mods... feel free to delete this thread if you feel it is inappropriate for any reason (like I have control over that anyway).

I just wish Cuban would stick to investing, Shark tank and basketball... period!
Old 10-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Hansolo

Did not realize we had a politics forum here. Please move this to there... thanks.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #4
Hansolo

Default Has Cuban always been an outspoken liberal?

I was unaware... until now.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure he's a democrat. I think he likes attention and has a personal vendetta against Trump. Attacking Trump is just a way of getting even while staying in the spotlight.

Trump is a dumpster fire and Cuban is an opportunist.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-20-2016 at 12:30 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban is an attention whore.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #7
Hansolo

What is his vendetta against the Donald?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansolo View Post
What is his vendetta against the Donald?
Every self-respecting human on the planet should have a "vendetta" against Trump.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #9
Hansolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Every self-respecting human on the planet should have a "vendetta" against Trump.

I counter that by saying that every constitution loving American should have a "vendetta" against hilLIARy.

Last edited by Hansolo; 10-21-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just wish Cuban would stick to investing, Shark tank and basketball... period!
Couldn't the same be said of Trump? I mean, he's 0% more qualified to talk about politics than Mark Cuban.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #11
Hansolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Couldn't the same be said of Trump? I mean, he's 0% more qualified to talk about politics than Mark Cuban.
Of course it could... but Trump doesn't own my favorite B Ball team. :P

I would be upset if Trump did own the Mavs because he would then change the perception of our team to something political rather than pure sport. That is my main point of being upset with Cuban.

Anyway... as I said before, I am not a big Trump fan. I am just a fan of the constitution and the rule of law. I think it has been shown that Hillary is not a fan of either... so I support the other guy by default. Period. There really are no other choices sadly as one of these 2 will be our President.

Last edited by Hansolo; 10-21-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course it could... but Trump doesn't own my favorite B Ball team. :P

I would be upset if Trump did own the Mavs because he would then change the perception of our team to something political rather than pure sport. That is my main point of being upset with Cuban.

Anyway... as I said before, I am not a big Trump fan. I am just a fan of the constitution and the rule of law. I think it has been shown that Hillary is not a fan of either... so I support the other guy by default. Period. There really are no other choices sadly as one of these 2 will be our President.
Wait, you're a Constitutionalist who supports Trump over Hillary?? LOL, everything Trump says is unconstitutional... Just off the top of my head; he wants to ban Muslims (violating Freedom of Religion), start a witch hunt to deport Mexicans (violating Search & Seizure protections and basic Civil Rights), sue newspapers who write negative things about him (violating Freedom of Speech/Press), and throw Hillary in prison for opposing him (violating Due Process)... So he's basically pissing all over 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 14th and 15th Amendments, but he's not coming after your guns so you think he's a "Constitutionalist"? Have you even read the Constitution of the United States??

Old 10-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #13
Hansolo

Quote:
Wait, you're a Constitutionalist who supports Trump over Hillary?? LOL, everything Trump says is unconstitutional... Just off the top of my head; he wants to ban Muslims (violating Freedom of Religion), start a witch hunt to deport Mexicans (violating Search & Seizure protections and basic Civil Rights), sue newspapers who write negative things about him (violating Freedom of Speech/Press), and throw Hillary in prison for opposing him (violating Due Process)... So he's basically pissing all over 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 14th and 15th Amendments, but he's not coming after your guns so you think he's a "Constitutionalist"? Have you even read the Constitution of the United States??

He has said dumb things no doubt... and hurt many feelings.

Like I said, he was not my choice for sure. He is definitely not a pure constitutionalist by any means... but I am completely sick of the corruption and pandering of the current political elite.

Anyway... are you happy that Cuban is making the Mavs represent a political point of view (by default)?
Old 10-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
He is definitely not a pure constitutionalist by any means.
He is not a Constitutionalist by ANY means... It's not about "hurt feelings" -- the things he's suggesting are the OPPOSITE of what the Constitution states, and 100% illegal. He'd have to get Congress and the Supreme Court to gut the Constitution to get away with it.... That's not only un-American, it's anti-American.

Quote:
but I am completely sick of the corruption and pandering of the current political elite.
Lol, you do realize that billionaire Donald Trump is one of the main beneficiaries of this corrupt political system, right?

Quote:
Anyway... are you happy that Cuban is making the Mavs represent a political point of view (by default)?
I don't think the Mavs organization has anything to do with Mark Cuban's political views -- it's not like there's going to be Hillary propaganda all over the AAC or anything like that. Just stop listening to him or reading his tweets and it won't affect your Mavericks experience at all.

But if political affiliation is enough to turn you off from a product, then a black-dominated sport like basketball (or football) probably isn't going to be your cup of tea -- these guys certainly aren't voting for Trump either.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-21-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #15
Hansolo

Quote:
I don't think the Mavs organization has anything to do with Mark Cuban's political views -- it's not like there's going to be Hillary propaganda all over the AAC or anything like that. Just stop listening to him or reading his tweets and it won't affect your Mavericks experience at all.

But if political affiliation is enough to turn you off from a product, then a black-dominated sport like basketball (or football) probably isn't going to be your cup of tea -- these guys certainly aren't voting for Trump.
I just think that in general... people involved with professional sports teams should keep their politics to themselves. Owners and players.

Give the fans of your team what they want... entertainment and wins... nothing else.

It not political affiliation that turns me off, it's when that viewpoint is shoved in my face... which is the point of this thread.

Btw... how can you speak for all black NBA and NFL players by saying that they "certainly aren't voting for Trump"? Do you know all of them or just stereotyping? I am not saying that as a slam... just that it is such a generalization that if someone is black then they must be a liberal.

Last edited by Hansolo; 10-21-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Btw... how can you speak for all black NBA and NFL players by saying that they "certainly aren't voting for Trump"? Do you know all of them or just stereotyping?
How does Trump know that all illegal immigrants are rapists and murderers? How does he know that all Muslims are terrorists? Does he know all of them or is he just stereotyping? (I can do this all day...)

Obviously I'm generalizing based on the fact that only 1% of black people polled are voting for Donald Trump (I even used Trump-loving Breitbart as a source)... I doubt pro athletes poll any differently than the rest of the population.

Quote:
I just think that in general... people involved with professional sports teams should keep their politics to themselves.
And you have the right to that opinion... But athletes are citizens too, and all citizens in this country have the right to express themselves, no matter what they do for a living. You don't have to like it, but you're gonna have to learn to live with it -- or quit supporting the product, your choice.

Quote:
It not political affiliation that turns me off, it's when that viewpoint is shoved in my face.
How is it being "shoved in your face"?? Is there a big "I'm with her" sign at half court? Are there "vote Hillary" pins on the uniforms?? You have to seek out Mark Cuban's opinion, it isn't just popping up on the screen in the middle of a game.

Do what I did a long time ago -- stop listening to the man and just enjoy the game... Mark Cuban says way too much stupid sh!t to spend your time getting angry over.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #17
Hansolo

Quote:
How does Trump know that all illegal immigrants are rapists and murderers? How does he know that all Muslims are terrorists? Does he know all of them or is he just stereotyping? (I can do this all day...)
http://ijr.com/2015/07/359423-cnn-ac...ow-fair-it-is/

But to your point... I do not deny that he has said some DUMB %$&# that I knew when I heard it would tick people off.

Quote:
Obviously I'm generalizing based on the fact that only 1% of black people polled are voting for Donald Trump (I even used Trump-loving Breitbart as a source)... I doubt pro athletes poll any differently than the rest of the population.
Touche on that... I understand what you are saying and that is true.

Quote:
And you have the right to that opinion... But athletes are citizens too, and all citizens in this country have the right to express themselves, no matter what they do for a living. You don't have to like it, but you're gonna have to learn to live with it -- or quit supporting the product, your choice.
Well... I look at that in this context... how would I fare if I felt like speaking out politically at work? Maybe not too well as my boss is a liberal atheist. So, the players and the owners (imo) are always on the clock due to their exposure.

Quote:
How is it being "shoved in your face"?? Is there a big "I'm with her" sign at half court? Are there "vote Hillary" pins on the uniforms?? You have to seek out Mark Cuban's opinion, it isn't just popping up on the screen in the middle of a game.

Do what I did a long time ago -- stop listening to the man and just enjoy the game... Mark Cuban says way too much stupid sh!t to spend your time getting angry over.
Maybe I am being overly dramatic...

Lol

All good brother.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Maybe I am being overly dramatic...

Lol

All good brother.
No worries, this election will be over soon enough... Then our only concern will be how this team is going to put points on the board whenever Dirk sits!

Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It really isn't a lesser of two evils at this point which is why Cuban so strongly endorses Hillary.

I don't like Hillary, but I do think she is undoubtedly more qualified to be president than Trump who I'm not even sure knows how government works on a basic level. She is corrupt and flip flopper to the bitter end, but so are most politicians.

And she had said repeatedly that she isn't taking away peoples' guns. If Obama didn't take your guns away, then neither is Hillary.

But yes, I hope Cuban focuses on the Mavs after the election is over.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #20
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Did Trump and Mark serve in the TV show ? shark tank ?
Old 10-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Not the same show unless I missed a crossover. They did compete, though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #22
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Nah, Trump is on The Apprentice, not Shark Tank.... Its easy to confuse the two though -- they're basically the same show.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #23
Hansolo

Quote:
No worries, this election will be over soon enough... Then our only concern will be how this team is going to put points on the board whenever Dirk sits!
True dat
Old 10-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #24
Hansolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I hope Cuban focuses on the Mavs after the election is over.
True dat also