Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #1001
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Rick has so thoroughly outcoached Lue it's embarrassing. I hope the answer is "No" from everyone. There are a whole lot of worse coaches than RC and not a lot who are better or even arguably better when it comes to matchups. He has his warts especially in the regular season but RC wins you games in a series matchup, dime a dozen coaches like Lue don't.
Even if Clips came back and won this series it doesn't mean Lue outclassed Rick, imo. There might be criticism if we came out flat and lacked fire though. The coach can only do so much to help. It's hard to measure Motivating players as a coach.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #1002
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
This board is so exhausting. Every time I try to post here, I regret it.

If you’re exhausted by a relatively benign message board wait till I tell you about the real world.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #1003
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
agree with your rankings A+

recalling the time he let an actual live tiger loose in a Mavs practice -

""Another night, during a road game against Golden State, Motta
was unhappy with Dallas's uninspired effort in the first half;
he persuaded that night's halftime act--a lion-and-tiger tamer--to
let him borrow the tiger just long enough to scare the apathy
out of his team. When Motta strode into the dressing room with
the big cat on a leash, some players were not amused. Guard Jim
Spanarkel nervously tried tiptoeing backward toward the shower
stalls, only to freeze when Motta commanded, "Don't! He'll just
corner you in there."
(story link)
https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/10/2...-youthful-mavs
Nice. I remember reading that article back in the day.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #1004
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
1).Nelson (I think he just got burnt out)

2).Carlisle (Only based on the fact he won a Title)

3).Motta (This guy was very underrated in his 1st stint in Dallas. If only him and Aguirre could have gotten along)

4).Avery (I know he gets blamed for the debacle vs the Warriors changing up the lineup but I also think if the crooked refs hadn't stepped in doing the 2006 finals Avery would have won the Mavs 1st championship. He was a victim of Cuban not being liked by the officials back then)

5).MacLeod (He was really laid back and I felt like he got the most out of those teams back in the late 80's they just couldn't get past the Lakers for that 2 year run they had and D.Harper had that boneheaded turnover that really cost the Mavs in one of those Lakers matchups)
Obviously most people would swap Carlisle and Nelson, and Maybe swap 4 and 5 but this is a good list. Nelson is my personal favorite. I also feel like Casey and Stotts deserve some honorable mentions.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:27 PM   #1005
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
There is confidence within the Mavericks' organization in their ability to re-sign Tim Hardaway Jr. in free agency this summer, league sources say.

Hardaway has been huge in Dallas' seizing a 2-0 lead over the Clippers with two road wins: 24.5 PPG and 11-for-17 shooting on 3s.

I wonder what he will ask for money wise. He was pretty inconsistent all season, but boy has he gotten hot at the right time.

Last edited by BPo001; 05-27-2021 at 04:28 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #1006
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
There is confidence within the Mavericks' organization in their ability to re-sign Tim Hardaway Jr. in free agency this summer, league sources say.

Hardaway has been huge in Dallas' seizing a 2-0 lead over the Clippers with two road wins: 24.5 PPG and 11-for-17 shooting on 3s.

I wonder what he will ask for money wise. He was pretty inconsistent all season, but boy has he gotten hot at the right time.
Yea. Honestly I'm very skeptical of him. I love who he is when he mixes his game up, but when he's in a slump it's really bad. I'll just say that if he keeps doing what he's doing since the bad slump and we get a few series wins,, then he deserves to get paid. 20m+ possibly.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #1007
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, shooters are always streaky, but you don't deny a guy with a good attitude, a feel for our complicated system, veteran presence, and almost 40% shooting (65% from three in the playoffs). You just need to get more talent around him to other players can pick up the offensive load when he's cold and Luka is cold or on the bench.

I think we'd be dumb to let him walk unless he's significantly more expensive. Bird in the hand and all that. We could let him walk just to sign Alec Burks or something, just to have Burks re-sign with the Knicks and we end up blowing money on Frank the Tank or something like that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-27-2021 at 06:03 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:36 PM   #1008
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I mean, shooters are always streaky, but you don't deny a guy with a good attitude, a feel for our complicated system, veteran presence, and almost 40% shooting (65% from three in the playoffs). You just need to get more talent around him to other players can pick up the offensive load when he's cold and Luka is cold or on the bench.

I think we'd be dumb to let him walk unless he's significantly more expensive. Bird in the hand and all that. We could let him walk just to sign Alec Burks or something, just to have Burks re-sign with the Knicks and we end up blowing money on Frank the Tank or something like that.
It will get interesting to see how this season ends and what his value ends up being.

Old 05-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #1009
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

A LeBron fan who is friends with me on Steam got mad at me for saying that the Mavericks will do better in the playoffs this year than the Lakers. lmao... but I suggested that LeBron has ONLY won because of the teammates he's had. I went as far as to suggest that D. Wade is better than him as well as Anthony Davis. Also I said that Kevin Love was the best Power Forward in the league when he left the Timberwolves to play with him in Cleveland. He was like... no... he was the 8th best Power Forward. BS. lmao... Anyway, I really said that the Mavericks will be the champs. He also told me that I probably think that Luka is the best player as well. I told him, "I know that Luka is the best player." Anyway, this friend is an NBA analyst. lmao
Old 05-27-2021, 10:32 PM   #1010
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I agree. He’s just had two near 40% 3 point shooting seasons with heavy volume. That’s consistency. I like that he doesn’t get upset about being shuffled around in the lineup.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:51 PM   #1011
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about THJ, right? The Mavs would be idiots not to re-sign him. The free agent class this year is maybe the worst I've ever seen.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #1012
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

When we win the ‘ship this year, we better run it back next year with the same squad. Don’t make the same mistakes as in 2011.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:48 AM   #1013
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

At this point we prolly want JRich to opt in just to have his contract to trade next season. We don't have a pick to trade in the off season unless someone wants a pick in 2025. Best bet is to hope JRich gets some value back or package him. We won't have any cap either going forward because of KP and Luka's salary(Gonna get a max extension). Best chance to improve is with trades IMO. We can always dream of a scenario where Brogdon is available and somehow we have something that appeals to Indiana. Hell I'd be happy with Turner and he's a lot more reasonable asset wise. Maybe you use his salary in a SnT for Lauri or WCJ from Chi. Whatever the thought process it's easier to get those guys with JRich under contract then him opting out and us signing someone for room level type money after resigning THJ.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:16 AM   #1014
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
At this point we prolly want JRich to opt in just to have his contract to trade next season. We don't have a pick to trade in the off season unless someone wants a pick in 2025. Best bet is to hope JRich gets some value back or package him. We won't have any cap either going forward because of KP and Luka's salary(Gonna get a max extension). Best chance to improve is with trades IMO. We can always dream of a scenario where Brogdon is available and somehow we have something that appeals to Indiana. Hell I'd be happy with Turner and he's a lot more reasonable asset wise. Maybe you use his salary in a SnT for Lauri or WCJ from Chi. Whatever the thought process it's easier to get those guys with JRich under contract then him opting out and us signing someone for room level type money after resigning THJ.
Yeah, that would give Green a little time to develop into that JRich/DWright role. Those two both ended up being bench players and I could see Green elevating to that level next mid-season.
However I wouldn't be overly upset if JRich opts out and we sign LM and then move KP for good young healthy player plus a decent expiring contract. That would provide both youth and some flexibility in FA going forward.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote