Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 2 15.38%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 15.38%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 30.77%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 7.69%
Mavs lose by 10-19 3 23.08%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #321
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

And one more thing....

During the game in the 3rd Q I think, they showed Lue during a timeout with that Wired Up thing or whatever it's called... And he was just saying shit like "Keep being aggressive!! Keep attacking! Get them in foul trouble!" Shit like that. And I remember thinking... God damn! I wish Rick would tell our guys that in huddles!!! Cuz Im literally yelling at the TV most of the game saying the same thing!! When our shots and 3s aren't falling, drive the effing ball!! Put them on their heels! Get fouls! Ughhh it drives me absolutely insane guys for real.

K done ranting.

Well in 24 hours it will be just about halftime lol. Holy shit I'm so anxious but can't wait!

Let's go Mavs!!
Old 06-03-2021, 09:57 PM   #322
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
And one more thing....

During the game in the 3rd Q I think, they showed Lue during a timeout with that Wired Up thing or whatever it's called... And he was just saying shit like "Keep being aggressive!! Keep attacking! Get them in foul trouble!" Shit like that. And I remember thinking... God damn! I wish Rick would tell our guys that in huddles!!! Cuz Im literally yelling at the TV most of the game saying the same thing!! When our shots and 3s aren't falling, drive the effing ball!! Put them on their heels! Get fouls! Ughhh it drives me absolutely insane guys for real.

K done ranting.

Well in 24 hours it will be just about halftime lol. Holy shit I'm so anxious but can't wait!

Let's go Mavs!!
I think it will be tough for us to win this series without SOMETHiNG from KP and Brunson. Need to try to get KP going and engaged early (can’t believe having to get someone engaged in game 6 of a playoff game is an actual thing— but that’s where we stand) and try to get Brunson some favourable matchups with space to work.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:09 PM   #323
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think it will be tough for us to win this series without SOMETHiNG from KP and Brunson. Need to try to get KP going and engaged early (can’t believe having to get someone engaged in game 6 of a playoff game is an actual thing— but that’s where we stand) and try to get Brunson some favourable matchups with space to work.
Based off some of the quotes it sounds like KP is doing what he is being asked to. Like they want him around the perimeter to space the floor rather than down in the post. That said I’d still like to see him get more touches in the post, or at least the elbow like Dirk used to.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/6...tty-game-5-win
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #324
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Based off some of the quotes it sounds like KP is doing what he is being asked to. Like they want him around the perimeter to space the floor rather than down in the post. That said I’d still like to see him get more touches in the post, or at least the elbow like Dirk used to.

Kps footwork is bad. Maybe it's just rust and hesitation from all the time off for injuries. He gets stripped if he tries to drive and he can't back anyone down in the post. Ends up looking like someone just attached those legs to him a few months ago.

The big problem I have is that the MF literally gets back cut for 2 or 3 buckets each game. Nic Fatum has caught him sleeping several times. Sht drives me batty.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-03-2021 at 10:46 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:11 PM   #325
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Kps footwork is bad. Maybe it's just rust and hesitation from all the time off for injuries. He gets stripped if he tries to drive and he can't back anyone down in the post. Ends up looking like someone just attached those legs to him a few months ago.

The big problem I have is that the MF literally gets back cut for 2 or 3 buckets each game. Nic Fatum has caught him sleeping several times. Sht drives me batty.
Drives me nuts too— ball watching and it often happens when they would have zero influence on the play in front of them. THJ gets caught cheating to the middle and gives up an open 3 at least a couple times a game.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:16 PM   #326
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post

More touches anywhere, but preferably in his favorite spots. At this point that almost seems like a long trailing 3. I love Luka, he is an absolute savant. But part of his job is to make everyone better. I don’t see him looking for KP even as much as he used to. Maybe he no longer trusts KP but he could look to set him up more and get him in rhythm. I haven’t seen that KP trailing for a 3 play in I don’t know how long. It was a staple for late era Dirk too. I agree with what you said about elbow touches; instead of always trying to get him deep post.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-03-2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:41 AM   #327
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It would be very sad for the home fans. They need to re-wire their brains to handle the great crowds. And I mean game 4 crowd was GREAT.
I didn't say they'd have to lose every home game. lmao
Old 06-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #328
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
You said it perfectly. Especially that sad fact of finally / hopefully getting someone engaged in game 6. And that someone is supposed to be our Number 2 guy... I don't know what the hell is going on with him, but I was on the phone with a friend a few days ago, and he said he saw KP say something in an interview (couldn't get any specifics) but that he was basically a bit upset that Luka is the number one guy on our team and not him .... Again, my friend couldn't tell me anything else, despite my annoyance and anger lol. So no idea if that's true or maybe to an extent of not being number 2 and instead being 3 thru 6 or something...

But in hindsight that's how he's playing to my eyes... He has no attack in his energy and demeanor.

Maybe if he gets the ball more on offense it'll translate to better effort on D for him (which is clearly not how it should be....) But KP is seriously lacking on both ends of the court.

In my opinion, if we want to have a shot at closing these fucking clippers out at home, KP is vital. So maybe we gotta try to get him going early, make him feel more "a part of" ... Again this is so ridiculous to say this. I hate it. Hope I'm wrong. But I know I'm right about getting KP involved early despite the reasons. He's yet to have a really good game. This is the perfect time for it. Poor Luka can't just carry us ALL THE TIME. He needs help. Especially from the designated number 2 guy for the last two seasons. It's time KP. Have your best game this series, with Luka hopefully playing well too, and good team D, and other offensive contributions, and we can move on to round two baby!!

Let's go Mavs!!!
Old 06-04-2021, 04:14 AM   #329
Unicorn

Unicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really niceUnicorn is just really nice

Quote:
You said it perfectly. Especially that sad fact of finally / hopefully getting someone engaged in game 6. And that someone is supposed to be our Number 2 guy... I don't know what the hell is going on with him, but I was on the phone with a friend a few days ago, and he said he saw KP say something in an interview (couldn't get any specifics) but that he was basically a bit upset that Luka is the number one guy on our team and not him .... Again, my friend couldn't tell me anything else, despite my annoyance and anger lol. So no idea if that's true or maybe to an extent of not being number 2 and instead being 3 thru 6 or something...

But in hindsight that's how he's playing to my eyes... He has no attack in his energy and demeanor.

Maybe if he gets the ball more on offense it'll translate to better effort on D for him (which is clearly not how it should be....) But KP is seriously lacking on both ends of the court.

In my opinion, if we want to have a shot at closing these fucking clippers out at home, KP is vital. So maybe we gotta try to get him going early, make him feel more "a part of" ... Again this is so ridiculous to say this. I hate it. Hope I'm wrong. But I know I'm right about getting KP involved early despite the reasons. He's yet to have a really good game. This is the perfect time for it. Poor Luka can't just carry us ALL THE TIME. He needs help. Especially from the designated number 2 guy for the last two seasons. It's time KP. Have your best game this series, with Luka hopefully playing well too, and good team D, and other offensive contributions, and we can move on to round two baby!!

Let's go Mavs!!!
Nope, This is a bad matchup for KP, Him and Rick have talked about it, that is why he is so calm about taking only 6 shots last game. Clippers are hugging him all the time basically. Against Utah KP will play match bigger role.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:08 AM   #330
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I was wondering what the deal was with Cousins. Him not playing was a bit head scratching imo. Maybe he's injured.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Cousins is a bigger liability than Zubac
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #331
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/6...rd-quarter-run

An article I wrote about the run at the end of the third. Zubac + 2 pgs = bad news for the clips
I enjoyed it

Its as good or better than Cato and he gets paid by the Athletic
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:14 AM   #332
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And one more thing....

During the game in the 3rd Q I think, they showed Lue during a timeout with that Wired Up thing or whatever it's called... And he was just saying shit like "Keep being aggressive!! Keep attacking! Get them in foul trouble!" Shit like that. And I remember thinking... God damn! I wish Rick would tell our guys that in huddles!!!
I thought Lue sounded like a high school coach

These are professionals. You can remind them what to needs to be done without getting so excited. When you get fired up like that all the time then the players tune you out quicker
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #333
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I enjoyed it

Its as good or better than Cato and he gets paid by the Athletic
I don't care for Cato. Whatsoever

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #334
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPr8Btxg...dium=copy_link
hmmm
Dame: “How long should I stay dedicated? How long til opportunity meets preparation?”
I wonder if he is starting to realize he can’t get it done in Portland?

Last edited by BPo001; 06-04-2021 at 11:18 AM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #335
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Nope, This is a bad matchup for KP, Him and Rick have talked about it, that is why he is so calm about taking only 6 shots last game. Clippers are hugging him all the time basically. Against Utah KP will play match bigger role.
It's odd because he got more touches vs the clippers in the bubble playoffs last year.

They ran a lot of set plays for him and he did pretty good.

But I think Zubac was defending KP last year and this year they switched KL over to him for the 1st two games.

He's actually shooting the same FG% he shot doing the regular season accept he simply isn't getting enough shots

16 total shots in the last two games....

But it was good to see him hit those 2 big 3"s in the 4th qtr especially the 2nd one which gave the mavs a 10 point lead.

Maybe the Clippers totally ignore him and he gets tons of open shots tonight to close them out.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote