Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Brunson is going to have a better career than DSJ

I think its not even a hot take anymore...
Dude had a better college career, why not a better pro career too?

Love how smooth he is.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Brunson is going to have a better career than DSJ

I think its not even a hot take anymore...
O snap...

@Mavs_FFL: Brunson’s Last 10 Games
16.0 ppg
3.3 rpg
4.3 apg
53.6% fg
37.2% 3pt
92.3% ft

Smith Jr’s Last 10
13.0 ppg
2.7 rpg
6.0 apg
40.8% fg
30.6% 3pt
59.1% ft

@RKonkle_Mavs: “We love him, and he’s probably grown more than any player in our roster.” -Carlisle on Brunson

Last edited by Underdog; 03-12-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 AM   #83
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to think Brunson could become a full time starter in our backcourt next season.
KP and Luka are our only true starters so we need a backcourt scoring partner for Luka, a 3-D wing, and big center imo. Brunson might be our answer as a backcourt scoring partner for Luka....or at least making that the least priority of the 3 position needs.

I'm also wondering if Maxi could play SF next to KP and someone like Vuc. If he could improve his 3pt shooting I think he has the quickness and athleticism to hang with most of the SFs in the league. I was impressed how he played Harden one-on-one and in a lineup of Luka/KP/Vuc/Brunson he'd definitely be the 5th scorer so any points he'd give us would be virtually gravy.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-13-2019 at 04:35 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm beginning to think Brunson could become a full time starter in our backcourt next season.
KP and Luka are our only true starters so we need a backcourt scoring partner for Luka, a 3-D wing, and big center imo. Brunson might be our answer as a backcourt scoring partner for Luka....or at least making that the least priority of the 3 position needs.

I'm also wondering if Maxi could play SF next to KP and someone like Vuc. If he could improve his 3pt shooting I think he has the quickness and athleticism to hang with most of the SFs in the league. I was impressed how he played Harden one-on-one and in a lineup of Luka/KP/Vuc/Brunson he'd definitely be the 5th scorer so any points he'd give us would be virtually gravy.

Nerp:

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/03/12...-spurs-dunk-2q

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #85
Underdog

DSJ never scored 34 points in a game...

Old 04-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #86
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Zach Harper has Brunson as his current leader for 6th Man

+++

Sixth Man of the Year

Criteria: My criteria for how you earn the 6MOY award are based both on how I view the award and what a lot of voting in the NBA’s past has said about the winners of the award.

*Did you score a lot off the bench? For many years, Sixth Man has gone to the best scorer off the bench.
*Did you anchor the second unit and also boost the starters? As minutes get staggered, being able to anchor a second unit and help out the starters while also on the court matters.
*Seriously, how much did you score? Scoring is really important for this award.

1. Jalen Brunson, Dallas Mavericks (previously 2nd)
Quick-hitter: Moved Brunson into the second slot this past week, and this week he’s getting the top position. Some of this is the slippage and unavailability of Jordan Clarkson. Some of this is because Brunson has just been really damn good. Even in a stretch over the last three weeks in which he’s had a couple of rough games, his overall production and efficiency stand out. For the season, the team is a coin flip when he’s on the bench, and they’re plus-5.0 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor. Brunson does all of the little things for them, and he’s making life easier on Doncic in the process. That’s what you want from your Sixth Man.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #87
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post

The problem with Luka and JB starting together is defensively.

They are fine on offense but who defends the opposing PG between the two?

The Mavs usually try to hide JB on defense because he can't stay in front of guys.

Only having DFS in the lineup IMO would be a problem they need another 2-way wing which is why I think they blew it this past draft not getting Bey or Bane.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #88
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Zach Harper has Brunson as his current leader for 6th Man

+++

Sixth Man of the Year

Criteria: My criteria for how you earn the 6MOY award are based both on how I view the award and what a lot of voting in the NBA’s past has said about the winners of the award.

*Did you score a lot off the bench? For many years, Sixth Man has gone to the best scorer off the bench.
*Did you anchor the second unit and also boost the starters? As minutes get staggered, being able to anchor a second unit and help out the starters while also on the court matters.
*Seriously, how much did you score? Scoring is really important for this award.

1. Jalen Brunson, Dallas Mavericks (previously 2nd)
Quick-hitter: Moved Brunson into the second slot this past week, and this week he’s getting the top position. Some of this is the slippage and unavailability of Jordan Clarkson. Some of this is because Brunson has just been really damn good. Even in a stretch over the last three weeks in which he’s had a couple of rough games, his overall production and efficiency stand out. For the season, the team is a coin flip when he’s on the bench, and they’re plus-5.0 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor. Brunson does all of the little things for them, and he’s making life easier on Doncic in the process. That’s what you want from your Sixth Man.
this dude registered 0 assists in the last 3 games of the series

It's time to sell high on Brunson
Old 06-06-2021, 06:34 PM   #89
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
Brunson was a luxury pick that the Mavs didn't have. Too many other talented players around who could potentially fill other gaping holes on the roster. He's not even a SG for crying out loud. SMH

I think the MBT realized towards the end that they failed to take full advantage of the talent available in this draft, and that's why there was the scramble at the end to to trade pick 54 for 56 and 60. 4 players drafted sounds a lot better than 3 and one gets to append the Greek Freak to his name because he's related. While it may sound better to fans, in the end I think this draft will be looked at in hindsight as one in which the Mavs got an outstanding player in Doncik, but for inexplicable reasons failed to take advantage of the depth of talent available in this draft and acquire other promising players who could've filled some of the glaring holes in their roster. Just my .02.
This aged pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #90
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
This aged pretty well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Kirk at mmb nailed it

Brunson has tunnel vision that's why he doesn't register a lot of assist and he's not a good passer anyway.

He can get away in the regular with his shoot 1st mentality vs laid back defenses but as we witnessed doing the regular and playoffs vs teams with length Brunson becomes a non factor.

You can find 10-15 guys around the league like Brunson off the bench that's why the mavs should have sold high on him at the trade deadline but it was reported they viewed him as a key piece for the future.