Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 06:18 PM   #41
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Would not be surprised at all if Mavs buy out Redick.
Not after investing a 2nd round pick in him
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2021, 06:58 PM   #42
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I saw the podcast and I didn't see anything wrong with what Redick said. All he said was this all started when nobody knew when the season would start then the NBA said boom it's xmas day and his son started kindergarten in Brooklyn so he requested a trade between that and knowing how stan ran the team with holiday gone his minutes would go down. He said nothing against Dallas he just wanted to be closer to his family as right now with how covid testing is done his kids have to take 2 weeks off school just to see him briefly after quarantine period.

Edit-
More importantly his tone wasn't one of someone pissed off. He was laughing and he joked while laughing saying mavs fans cool the f out he's progressing his rehab and he hopes to provide veteran leadership to the team.
Yea. I didn't see what he was saying as unreasonable. He did say he looks forward to playing here with Luka etc, and had respect for Rick. I get the sense that he knows his career is winding down and he's on his way out. I think he may be totally fine with a bench role and fade out of the league soon. The only thing that will prolong his career is if he lands on a contender that he can coast and provide some shooting off the bench.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:05 PM   #43
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Entitled bitching by Redick.

Pretty sure the second he offers to give up a significant part of the salary the Pelicans would have bought him out.

But no, he wanted most of the bag AND the buyout to cherry pick his next team.
In fairness to him he did state way before the deadline that he preferred to be back close to home.

I think the Pelicans did him dirty

He's a older vet who is obviously wanting a chance to win a ring and they sent him to Dallas instead of Brooklyn or Philly like he requested.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-31-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:18 PM   #44
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I talked to Griff. I talked to Trajan. Griff basically says to me, 'Come down for a month. If you still want to be traded, I give you my word, I'll get you to a situation that you like.' We had four subsequent conversations," Redick said on the podcast. "Again, my agent talked to them. But I'm talking to Griff directly. Griff and I had a personal relationship.

"Obviously, he did not honor his word."
Old 03-31-2021, 07:18 PM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

I talked to Griff. I talked to Trajan. Griff basically says to me, 'Come down for a month. If you still want to be traded, I give you my word, I'll get you to a situation that you like.' We had four subsequent conversations," Redick said on the podcast. "Again, my agent talked to them. But I'm talking to Griff directly. Griff and I had a personal relationship.

"Obviously, he did not honor his word."
Old 03-31-2021, 07:49 PM   #46
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Says he was "jarred" by the trade; says Mavs weren't one of the teams that had been discussed
- Told Cuban: "In any other year, I'd be thrilled to get traded to Dallas."

I don’t see him playing a game with Dallas. At least Melli seems like a rotation guy already.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #47
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Says he was "jarred" by the trade; says Mavs weren't one of the teams that had been discussed
- Told Cuban: "In any other year, I'd be thrilled to get traded to Dallas."

I don’t see him playing a game with Dallas. At least Melli seems like a rotation guy already.
IN other words he doesn't think they have a shot in hell of competing come playoff time.

That seems cool for a fan to say but an actually player feeling that way wow

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-31-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Redick giving DFS some love

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/c...eb2x&context=3
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #49
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
nice to hear him talk about the team by saying "we"
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon

JJ Redick says on his @OldManAndThree podcast that he will practice with the Mavs for the first time Saturday. “Hopefully, in the next couple of games, I’ll be available to play,” Redick said. “That’s sort of the plan.”
Old 04-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #51
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon

JJ Redick says on his @OldManAndThree podcast that he will practice with the Mavs for the first time Saturday. “Hopefully, in the next couple of games, I’ll be available to play,” Redick said. “That’s sort of the plan.”
How much of an impact should we really expect Redick to make? I am hoping it's bigger than the impact provided by Peja Stojakovic. Peja was still an incredible shooter when he was a Maverick. He was highly efficient, and I expect this from Redick. I am just hoping that Redick can get more shots off and make eclipse 10 ppg for us. I'd love it if he could score around as much as Curry did for us. Is that wishing for too much?
Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
How much of an impact should we really expect Redick to make? I am hoping it's bigger than the impact provided by Peja Stojakovic. Peja was still an incredible shooter when he was a Maverick. He was highly efficient, and I expect this from Redick. I am just hoping that Redick can get more shots off and make eclipse 10 ppg for us. I'd love it if he could score around as much as Curry did for us. Is that wishing for too much?
I think Peja is what I’m anticipating and why I have tempered enthusiasm.

Dude will be cool. He’ll coach from the bench a bit. Counteract some of Luka’s immature emotionality with veteran stability. Keep the guys confident, which has been a huge issue this year: we’ve been either a pack of hungry wolves or the team with the worst confidence in the league and nothing in between.

As for his play? I bet he hits some threes and wins us a game or two. Then sits and doesn’t play. I doubt he plays every one of the 15-18 games he’s available for. Some games he gets 18min and some games he gets DNPs

Then the playoffs is where he can really shine. Again, not every game or every minute of every game but good teams have flamethrowers who can come in and hit three threes in four minutes and then not play the rest of the game.

As for being better than Peja? I’d be very surprised if he was. Redick won’t be asked to do anything more than be a veteran presence who occasionally plays 3-8 min stretches for offense.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-09-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:05 PM   #53
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is another MBT move that wound up being all sound and fury (signifying nothing)

You'd think the Mavs would have checked the medical reports a little better
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:11 AM   #54
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Well this is another MBT move that wound up being all sound and fury (signifying nothing)

You'd think the Mavs would have checked the medical reports a little better
Dude played like 5 games

He spent more time on the podcast than he did the actual court.

I personally don't think Redick even wanted to be here.

He preferred Brooklyn and I'm not sure why the Mavs even bothered with this trade.

Had he went to Brooklyn I suspect much like Blake Griffin dude would have been all of sudden moving better.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #55
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Dude played like 5 games

He spent more time on the podcast than he did the actual court.

I personally don't think Redick even wanted to be here.

He preferred Brooklyn and I'm not sure why the Mavs even bothered with this trade.

Had he went to Brooklyn I suspect much like Blake Griffin dude would have been all of sudden moving better.
He didn't want to be here,, I don't think he even has near thr same passion to play anymore, but I don't think Redick would have magically stayed healthy in Brooklyn.

It was a wasted move to trade for him.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #56
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

It sure looks like the Mavs did not do their due diligence with this trade. JJohnson and Iwundu might have helped against the Clippers. Having players available is a whole lot better than having a gap on your bench due to injury.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #57
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

Goodbye Redick and Melli
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #58
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
Goodbye Redick and Melli
Who would have thought D.Cousins would play a more meaningful minute in the playoffs as opposed to Redick or Melli

And I actually started liking Melli a little bit...

They could have resigned signed that dude Ryan Broekeroff or what ever his name was and got more value out of him than Redick
Old 06-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #59
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Who would have thought D.Cousins would play a more meaningful minute in the playoffs as opposed to Redick or Melli

And I actually started liking Melli a little bit...

They could have resigned signed that dude Ryan Broekeroff or what ever his name was and got more value out of him than Redick
Tried to tell people Redick wouldn't help. But he had no intentions of wanting to come here he wanted to piggy back off of the Nets and get a ring. It reminds me of Lamar Odom move and Rondo to a lesser extent. Go and get some guys who actually want to play here.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #60
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Tried to tell people Redick wouldn't help. But he had no intentions of wanting to come here he wanted to piggy back off of the Nets and get a ring. It reminds me of Lamar Odom move and Rondo to a lesser extent. Go and get some guys who actually want to play here.
He may not have wanted to be here, but he was a good soldier about it. He seemed to play hard while he was on the floor. Unfortunately he reaggravated his heel injury. I blame Donnie for trading for damaged goods more than anything.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote