Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default STD (@#$show thread daily): Mavs suckage

Mavs are now 1-4 over last five with a tough schedule to finish the year-- five teams in six nights and this is the first B2B.

Mavs take on the Spurs tonight and actually may have a chance, which is good because we've already plummeted from 2nd to 8th in the west and still have Phoenix, Cleveland, and Minnie before the new year and if we lose all/most we will find ourselves on the outside looking in at the playoffs:

Good news: Luka will be back

Kyrie, Lively, Exum, Green, Kleber still out

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-23-2023 at 02:14 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Exum upgraded to playing.

I guess Luka and Exum are now our superstars that get rest on B2Bs
Old 12-23-2023, 07:11 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Id like to take this time to say that I can not stand D Harp! Hes wrong 10x a game and will say " you cant be getting ready, you have to be ready" 10x. Fk me. Bring back Devin

Also, DP shouldnt touch the floor until Kyrie comes back.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 07:33 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Id like to take this time to say that I can not stand D Harp! Hes wrong 10x a game and will say " you cant be getting ready, you have to be ready" 10x. Fk me. Bring back Devin

Harper has been terrible for years. This franchise just loves their lovable guys!

Oh and don't lose to the 4-23 Spurs please. Thanks.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 08:50 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

DJJ is now our starting center
Old 12-23-2023, 08:59 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Omax 20pts and Lawson beats him out as PF relief
Old 12-24-2023, 12:18 AM   #7
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

Not sure what else Holmes needs to do in order to move ahead of powell on the depth chart.

When kleber comes back that'll be another guy pushing Holmes further down the bench again.

Powell is pretty much untouchable as a mavs legend no matter how he plays
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 01:06 AM   #8
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd just said that when the team is fully healthy they are going to start Luka, Kyrie, and Exum. The team is going to be fun, if they can get healthy.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 06:13 AM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It seems pretty clear that Lawson has taken Green's spot and Exum has taken Hardy's.

Except the Mavs were silly enough to extend Green so they'll be forced to play him and move Lawson down the depth chart.

I still kinda feel bad for Hardy. He has played awful, but he really is in an unwinnable position right now.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:27 AM   #10
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Lawson looks like a great fit for this team and I think Dennis will be the same.
Lawson knows his role and doesn't try to do too much like Green seems to do.
And I personally think Dennis can be developed into something special.

I don't understand why Prosper gets a virtual DNP after having a great performance. Sochan had the hot hand and Prosper would have been the perfect player to guard him imo.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Lawson looks like a great fit for this team and I think Dennis will be the same.
Lawson knows his role and doesn't try to do too much like Green seems to do.
And I personally think Dennis can be developed into something special.

I don't understand why Prosper gets a virtual DNP after having a great performance. Sochan had the hot hand and Prosper would have been the perfect player to guard him imo.
And Holmes getting a DNP on a night when his face is on every flyer in the building.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:33 AM   #12
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It seems pretty clear that Lawson has taken Green's spot and Exum has taken Hardy's.

Except the Mavs were silly enough to extend Green so they'll be forced to play him and move Lawson down the depth chart.

I still kinda feel bad for Hardy. He has played awful, but he really is in an unwinnable position right now.
I just don't see Hardy as a fit for this team and will struggle to ever find a niche.

I'm wondering if the Jazz would have any interest in some type of package deal for Hardy/Green. Remember they both went off with 29 points each against the Jazz last year right after the Kyrie trade and Luka was out.

Not sure what they have that would benefit us, but perhaps a 3rd team could get involved.
Old 12-24-2023, 08:34 AM   #13
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
And Holmes getting a DNP on a night when his face is on every flyer in the building.
I thought I read somewhere that Holmes was ill....could be wrong though.
Old 12-24-2023, 08:45 AM   #14
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Kidd just said that when the team is fully healthy they are going to start Luka, Kyrie, and Exum. The team is going to be fun, if they can get healthy.
I definitely like them as the closing unit, but I'm not sure about the SL.

Luka/Kyrie is a lethal offense to start games and Exum/Hardaway can be just about as lethal with the 2nd unit.

The Mavs could be a serious contender if they could make a deal for a legit starting PF with size and a serviceable backup center with legit size.

Luka/Exum/Curry
Kyrie/Hardaway/Dennis
Jones/Williams/Lawson
?/Prosper/Morris
Lively/?/Holmes
Old 12-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Thank goodness we have Exum under contract next season. A rare FA win for the FO.

Like, if Toronto wanted Exum as part of an Anunoby deal? I don't think I'm doing that.

Trade Green, Hardy, and whatever else you have to for that do it all starting 4. Draymond Green is the perfect fit if he didn't want to murder people. Something of that ilk is what we need though.

Old 12-24-2023, 09:52 AM   #16
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I definitely like them as the closing unit, but I'm not sure about the SL.

Luka/Kyrie is a lethal offense to start games and Exum/Hardaway can be just about as lethal with the 2nd unit.

The Mavs could be a serious contender if they could make a deal for a legit starting PF with size and a serviceable backup center with legit size.

Luka/Exum/Curry
Kyrie/Hardaway/Dennis
Jones/Williams/Lawson
?/Prosper/Morris
Lively/?/Holmes
I like them just starting their best players, but Exum and THJ are a nice 2nd unit. It means that the Mavs might be set for guards. PF and backup C should be the focus, but DJJ seems like a fit offensively with those 4.
Old 12-24-2023, 10:24 AM   #17
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I like them just starting their best players, but Exum and THJ are a nice 2nd unit. It means that the Mavs might be set for guards. PF and backup C should be the focus, but DJJ seems like a fit offensively with those 4.
What do you think about...

Hardy/Green/Maxi/Holmes/Pick
for
Collins/Yurtseven

Luka/Exum/Curry
Kyrie/Hardaway/Dennis
DJJ/Prosper/Lawson
Collins/Williams/Morris
Lively/Yurtseven/Powell
Old 12-24-2023, 11:01 AM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:

Green is best as a big ball-handler (primary/secondary) so I?d argue Exum usurped his spot

Lawson is being trained up as the new DFS? he plays almost exclusively PF with a few minutes at SF like Dodo.

Hardy? Best I could say is that his role was stolen by Curry, but I?m not really sure what Hardy even is. The NBA is strewn with the waste of incredibly talented guys who just don?t do those 1-2 things right that they need to succeed. Hardy isn?t a primary ballhandler. He?s not a pure shooter. I?d say his best chance is as a spark plug sixth man scorer but he continues to struggle in limited minutes. Jordan Clarkson is what I?d love him to be, but Clarkson comes out 4-5. Hardy routinely starts 1-4 and has to work himself into a rhythm. Behind Luka and Kyrie, his best bet is 8minutes of scorching scoring but he seems unable to be efficient unless he?s given 20+ min

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-24-2023 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder that Hardy is only 21, but it?s like he can?t dribble anymore. Idk what?s happened sophomore slump, but I think there?s trade value there if someone was looking for off the bench shooter.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:55 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Erica you going to the Suns Mavs game?
Old 12-24-2023, 05:05 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Will Luka play? It's just such a crap shoot this season to actually see these stars in action.

Like Wemby injuring his ankle on a ball boy is just stupid. People pay good money to come see him.

Old 12-24-2023, 06:10 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yes!

I was originally upset because there's only one game in Phoenix this year and we were going to be in San Francisco for the holiday but then our cat ran away in the rain and all the San Fran family got Covid so we'll be around. Going to be in section 102.
Old 12-24-2023, 09:07 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think Exum has over taken Grant. If Kidd did say the Luka, Kyrie and Exum are starting that leaves out Grant assuming DJJ is at the 4.

Who knows wtf Kidd has going on in that head.

Old 12-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lively upgraded questionable

Kyrie ?approaching? return but out.
Green and Kleber just out
Old 12-25-2023, 02:49 PM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Lively upgraded questionable

Kyrie ?approaching? return but out.
Green and Kleber just out
You lucky mofo get to see Lively. Merry Christmas indeed...

Old 12-25-2023, 03:07 PM   #26
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Yes!

I was originally upset because there's only one game in Phoenix this year and we were going to be in San Francisco for the holiday but then our cat ran away in the rain and all the San Fran family got Covid so we'll be around. Going to be in section 102.
Sorry to hear about covid, but send the team some good luck while you?re there. Enjoy!
Old 12-25-2023, 06:07 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Nurk out again.

Hopefully that means Lively gets his first 20-20 game
Old 12-25-2023, 09:05 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

Anyone making a thread for Xmas day game?
Old 12-25-2023, 09:29 PM   #29
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
What do you think about...

Hardy/Green/Maxi/Holmes/Pick
for
Collins/Yurtseven

Luka/Exum/Curry
Kyrie/Hardaway/Dennis
DJJ/Prosper/Lawson
Collins/Williams/Morris
Lively/Yurtseven/Powell
I think Collins probably pushes DJJ to back up 4.
Old 12-25-2023, 09:30 PM   #30
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes!

I hope you find the cat.
Old 12-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #31
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Tmac just tweeted that Kidd says that Exum and DJJ will be the starters once Kyrie comes back, so Grant is going to the second unit, apparently.
Old 12-25-2023, 10:01 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, Kidd says Luka, Kyrie, Dante, DJJ, and Lively will be the starters.

Old 12-25-2023, 10:15 PM   #33
Melonhead
Guru

Made a game day thread if anyone wants to sticky it
Old 12-26-2023, 09:47 AM   #34
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, Kidd says Luka, Kyrie, Dante, DJJ, and Lively will be the starters.
I guess if the rotations are managed properly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try.

DJJ is becoming very comfortable and looking good as a starter with Luka.
Williams will probably be better coming off the bench.

Still think we need a starter caliber PF with decent size and a big backup center.
Maxi is basically done, and Prosper is a year away from being a rotation guy, so we need someone to fill that gap.
Old 12-28-2023, 03:30 PM   #35
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thank goodness we have Exum under contract next season. A rare FA win for the FO.

Like, if Toronto wanted Exum as part of an Anunoby deal? I don't think I'm doing that.

Trade Green, Hardy, and whatever else you have to for that do it all starting 4. Draymond Green is the perfect fit if he didn't want to murder people. Something of that ilk is what we need though.
Trade Green and Hardy for Desmond Bane. I am sure Memphis would jump at that kind of value.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 03:48 PM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I guess if the rotations are managed properly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try.

DJJ is becoming very comfortable and looking good as a starter with Luka.
Williams will probably be better coming off the bench.

Still think we need a starter caliber PF with decent size and a big backup center.
Maxi is basically done, and Prosper is a year away from being a rotation guy, so we need someone to fill that gap.
If we can get Isaiah Stewart, it would be a pretty versatile pick up for PF/C position. Good defender and rebounder and hustles. It would be a passable move IMO. He isnt bumping Livelys minites and it should keep DP and Maxi off the court.

Old 12-28-2023, 08:15 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Well this is a shit show

Only nearly quadrupled up 11-3
Old 12-28-2023, 08:19 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Allowing 56% shooting

Shooting 20%
Old 12-28-2023, 08:26 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I want just one game where Hardy isn?t $&@$ing terrible
Old 12-28-2023, 08:28 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I mean NBA needs a mercy rule

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive