Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Now that I take a closer look...he is only a career 48% shooting. Not all that great for a C.
That's because he doesn't play 100% of his game under the basket like most centers - he has a pretty decent jump shot.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Maybe i should bump our "Haywood" thread again
Who is this "Haywood" that you speak of? I don't see anyone on our roster with that name...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #83
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Kaman took plenty of midrange shots and played often more like a PF. No need to panic. Under the basket as a pure C he is 50-60%. His footwork is perfect. And he can shoot FT.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #84
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I thought about that. He does like the 16 footer. But I wonder if at least part of it might be that he isn't as efficient as offensive player as we might like.

I haven't kept up with his game for the past 2 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's because he doesn't play 100% of his game under the basket like most centers - he has a pretty decent jump shot.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #85
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's by no means a horrible deal. It's an okay deal is what I'm saying.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Under the basket as a pure C he is 50-60%. His footwork is perfect.
Did you look that up? I know he does have a legit hook shot with either hand....I've always admired that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #87
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Did you look that up? I know he does have a legit hook shot with either hand....I've always admired that.
Since he started playing for Germany i followed him pretty closely. Guy is really good.

But like i said he takes too many stupid midrange shots (...only when playing on bad teams ? I think so).

Last edited by markus1234; 07-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #88
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Kaman is okay, don't really think he is underrated but it's more of a positive move than a negative one

The fact we amnestied Haywood means we aren't done signing players

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 07-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

IMO any one year deal for a legit center like Kaman is a win. Centers are almost always overpaid for with multi-year contracts.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #90
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman's an efficient scorer pretty much everywhere except outside the three point arc (at least relative to the standards of his position). His overall scoring efficiency numbers are unimpressive only because of shot selection.

If I'm a point guard looking for a good short-term gig to build up my value, Dallas just became an even more attractive option.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Kaman's an efficient scorer pretty much everywhere except outside the three point arc (at least relative to the standards of his position).
Thanks for the update...kept me from digging it up.

Quote:
His overall scoring efficiency numbers are unimpressive only because of shot selection.
Well then there's that.

Quote:
If I'm a point guard looking for a good short-term gig to build up my value, Dallas just became an even more attractive option.
True that, no pgs were licking their lips over Big Wood.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #92
markus1234
Platinum Member

BTW Kaman&Delonte should be fun. Both need psycho pills and both love guns. lol.

Now all we need is Gilbert Arenas and Allen Iverson...

Last edited by markus1234; 07-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

Woah, they already updated Kaman's wiki to add Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_K...college_career

Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #94
Underdog

Kaman was my top choice for center this season, even if we'd signed D-Will - he's a two-way player, and was the most likely FA center to sign on the short & cheap so we could keep flexibility for next summer...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #95
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I think he's the best we are going to get at C right now. We were never getting Hibbert, so I have to give the front office props for getting us an upgrade there.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #96
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Form the remaining bigs the best option, i hope they go for Brand aswell.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #97
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

So at the moment its

Collison/Westbrook d'2nd/DoJo
Roddy B./Dahntay Jones
Trix/Crowder
Dirk/Wright
Kaman/Bernard James

I am liking this. Mavs getting younger and more physical.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #98
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Woah, they already updated Kaman's wiki to add Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_K...college_career
If his tweeting is any indicator, Kaman updated it himself.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
If his tweeting is any indicator, Kaman updated it himself.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #100
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

The best thing I can think of about signing Kaman is that is should motivate Dirk in a way. He'll be keen to create a great duo with Kaman, his fellow German next season.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the update...kept me from digging it up.

Well then there's that.

True that, no pgs were licking their lips over Big Wood.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #102
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

gt do something at the 2 still and brand i guess. other than that i like the team so far.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last year Kaman had a comparable rebounding rating to chandler (28.2 to 30) and beat chandler in shot block rating (7.8 to 5.5)

He also improved his teams defense by 1.9 Points per 100. Chandler only helped 1.2.

In clutch situations Kaman out rebounded chandler (33.1 to 22.2) and beat chandler in blocks by a much higher percentage (8.9 to 3.4)

Discuss

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-12-2012 at 12:27 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #104
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Last year Kaman had a comparable rebounding rating to chandler (28.2 to 30) and beat chandler in block rating (7.6 to 5.5)

He also improved his teams defense by 1.9 Points per 100. Chandler only helped 1.2.

Discuss
Hey also shoots free throws better than both Haywood and Chandler. He shoots about 75%. There will be no "hack a Kaman" in these parts.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #105
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Last year Kaman had a comparable rebounding rating to chandler (28.2 to 30) and beat chandler in shot block rating (7.8 to 5.5)

In clutch situations Kaman out rebounded chandler (33.1 to 22.2) and beat chandler in blocks by a much higher percentage (8.9 to 3.4)

Discuss
based on the stats Kaman>Chandler
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #106
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman is a legitimate starting caliber big man in this league. It's all about durability.

Sidenote: He woulda been great with Kidd. I hope Collison can pick up the angles in our system quickly.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #107
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I like the Kaman signing a lot. A friend of mine is one of his best friends and lives in Dallas with his family. I've met Kaman before, and he's a nice guy. I think he's underrated because he's been stuck on some bad teams during his career. He and Dirk will have some nice chemistry on the court.

Last edited by turin; 07-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #108
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman on ESPN Dallas 103.3 right now. If you're not in Dallas: http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Dallas-1033-s32513/
Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #109
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Kaman on ESPN Dallas 103.3 right now. If you're not in Dallas: http://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-Dallas-1033-s32513/
Thanks!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #110
Underdog

Kaman talking about how he gave Cuban a bit of a discount (in years) to get on the Mavs - hoping to turn it around this season (keep healthy) to earn a bigger/longer contract next season... Feels like he has another 4-5 years of playing at a high level.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-12-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #111
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

With his injury concerns, it should be interesting to see how that works with the Mavs' training staff (known as one of the best in the league).
Old 07-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #112
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kaman talking about how he gave Cuban a bit of a discount (in years) to get on the Mavs - hoping to turn it around this season (keep healthy) to earn a bigger/longer contract next season... Feels like he has another 4-5 years of playing at a high level.
maybe he'll pull a tyson.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #113
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, with the lack of functional shooting guards on the team, if the Mavs can land Brand, they could always start:

C - Kaman
PF - Brand
SF - Dirk
SG - Marion
PG - Collison

Tall lineup..

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #114
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Discuss
If you're suggesting that Tyson is an overrated defender, I'll bite. There is NO way he deserved the DPY award. Not with all the other more deserving players: Howard, Marion, James, etc.

But I DO think these stats point to Kaman not being as sluggish or average defender as some around here might want to suggest. He is not an all world defender, but he IS solid.

What would be interesting, would be to compare Kaman's defensive stats not to Tyson, but to Haywood and see what comes up.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #115
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If he's going to pull a Tyson, I hope he pulls a Tyson and manages to stick around here for awhile. The Mavs need a center going forward.

And honestly, if the Mavs can convince Dirk to stick around once his contract expires, his per year will be cut in half in my opinion. Perhaps Kaman will enjoy playing here enough to give the Mavs a long term discount. But with his injury history, that probably won't happen.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-12-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #116
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Sidenote: He woulda been great with Kidd. I hope Collison can pick up the angles in our system quickly.
I think there is a strong likelihood that "our system" got radically changed when Kidd bolted for NY.

That flow offense takes a great degree of trust from the coach for the pg...we'll see if RC has that for his now VERY young pg.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No Sh** that was a discount. One year 8 million for Kaman is a bargain. Few centers can play his type of offense. He and Collison playing for contacts = awesomely motivated. Those mo fos betta be!

He sounded like a pretty good interview. Did seem kinda disappointed that he didn't get better/more offers. Said a lot of older guys were having to wait to get their contracts. Would have probably gone with Indy if they didn't keep Hibbert.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
If he's going to pull a Tyson, I hope he pulls a Tyson and manages to stick around here for awhile. The Mavs need a center going forward.
If the Mavs don't somehow land Dwight Howard, then I have a feeling that Kaman will probably stick around for a few years...

Remember, Tyson turned down a one-year $20M offer that would have definitely been re-upped this summer if we didn't land Dwight (which we didn't) - it seems like Kaman got a similar, albeit cheaper, offer with the same strategy in play.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #119
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think there is a strong likelihood that "our system" got radically changed when Kidd bolted for NY.

That flow offense takes a great degree of trust from the coach for the pg...we'll see if RC has that for his now VERY young pg.
It'll depend on how things work in training camp (starting Sept. 29). I'm sure everyone will get time in between now and then, but that's really when the rubber meets the road. I'm guessing "flow" will go, but Carlisle is a pretty damn good X's and O's coach, so he'll be able to figure out what he can exploit.

He's all about adapting to what he's got. He'll be ready.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #120
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
If he at all lives up to his career averages, I can't see a reason that the Mavs wouldn't want to keep him long term. (3+ years).

Kaman is a legit second tier center in this league....which in itself is a rare jewel.

I agree that health will be the biggest concern...I just can't see chemistry being at worst anything other than really good.

We're about to see something we've never seen in Dirk's career as a Mav: What his game looks like with an actual back to the basket post scorer. I'm really looking forward to the first few times Dirk catches the ball at the high post and then kicks it to Kaman on the block.

Last edited by sike; 07-12-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Tags
haywood>kaman=loltarded, hulkamania, jefftakeshaywooddeep, kaman debunked, love guns, skip bayliss = underdog