Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yea but we're signing these guys to 1 or 2 year deals. Do any of these guys have a future here? I sure hope Collison and Mayo do. I have a feeling they are going to rebound from last season's weird season.
They have a chance - and if they bust, we're off the hook soon enough...

But if Collison and Mayo happen to blow up, then a guy like Dwight Howard might give serious thought to signing here next summer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-16-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #82
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I was probably a little harsh in my initial post. Talent-wise, he rates out in about the same tier as Kaman and Brand so it's a solid move. The youth angle also helps. Good to get guys on the other side of 30 as someone else said. He will take JET's role. Maybe he can do a Mayo whip after he makes a big shot.

Anyways, still gotta see the terms.

Kaman type contract = cool. Kaman dollars for 4 years = not cool.
Don't think there is a worry here. We only had 4m+ to sign a guy with so it's not like we COULD have offered 8m over 4 years. He either signed 1 year at 4m+ or 2+ years at 4m+ the 1st year with whatever raises the CBA allowes annually.

Am I missing something?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #83
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN saying it is a multiyear deal. Anybody want to venture some guesses?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #84
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

you just don't know what you're gonna get from Roddy. You pretty much know Delonte is gonna look for his shot, drive, and control the offense.

West is just the safer route.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #85
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
He wasn't playing with Dirk yet.
Fair enough but it wasn't like he was playing with scrubs. Randolph, Gasol and Gay are a solid core. The only reason they ever even make the post season.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Don't say these things...just let me enjoy the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
But if Collison and Mayo happen to blow up, then a guy like Dwight Howard might give serious thought to signing here next summer.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-16-2012 at 11:29 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #87
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm pretty sure he was using blow up in a positive way.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #88
soccermsw

soccermsw is on a distinguished road

Just want to point out something for those who may not know as much.... OJ is very close to the jet in the numbers.... Ill Show you... based on last year totals
JET- 31:41 minutes played a game- averages of 15.1 points, 3.6 ast, 2.4 reb, 88.3 percent ft, 37.8 percent on 3's, 2 turnovers, 1.2 steals, .2 blks, shooting 43 percent

MAYO- 26:48 minutes played a game- averages of 12.6 points, 2.6 ast, 3.2 reb, 77.3 percent ft(career 81.7 percent), 36.4 percent on 3's (career 37.5 percent), 1.9 turnovers, 1.1 steals, .3 blks, shooting 40.8 percent from the floor

Now are you telling me that you give mayo another 5 minutes on the floor a game with dirk and he cant hit another 3 pointer or get another assist to have almost identical stats? And mayo did all of this with the some of the biggest lane cloggers in the game (randolph, gasol, even rudy gay goes inside alot)... and to mention Mayo has never played with anyone the caliber of Dirk to draw defenders away from him and to be a dump off if all else fails... Oh FYI.... MAYO IS 10 YEARS YOUNGER... YA 10 WHOLE YEARS
soccermsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #89
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Vecey and DLord going at it right now on Twitter...funny stuff.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We're not keeping all this cap flexibility just so we can keep saying cool phrases like "keeping the powder dry."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
I'm pretty sure he was using blow up in a positive way.
Indeed he was.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #92
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Did Fish really just call Mayo the "best Mavs 2-guard since Finley"? Good god.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #93
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
They have a chance - and if they bust, we're off the hook soon enough...

What will the cap look like though at that point? Will we have the cap space to sign Dwight or would it have to involve a sign and trade?

Just a week ago I felt like crap. Not that I didn't have hope in the front office but it just sucked being a Mav fan. I thought we were going to fill this roster up with 1 year deals of players in their mid 30's. To get youth like Collison and Mayo? Can't explain how good it feels right now.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #94
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC775zz2DNE

Any chance we run OJ at the point some? He seems to have some nice passes...
Old 07-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #95
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No sh*t!?! What is he thinkin'? He's the best 2 guard since Ro!
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #96
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
lol... JET who?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unless he's calling Terry a pg, that's one he'll of a (misplaced) burn.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #98
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC775zz2DNE

Any chance we run OJ at the point some? He seems to have some nice passes...
I think so if Delonte isn't here and, frankly, I am all for giving OJ every chance possible to average 38 minutes or so. Love the guy. This is one of the reasons I was worried about the log jam I mentioned in a previous post (outside of the Roddy points I made).

Either way - a good problem to have.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #99
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
lol... JET who?
I mean, I get that the guy is a tweener guard....but come on, fish.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #100
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Yeah, I'm a bit on the outside looking in as well regarding this. I rememeber him being a starter and a critical guy in Memphis and then dropping significant minutes and going into a 6th man role. Not sure what caused that as he was actually pretty damn productive his 2nd year before making that transition (almost .460 shooter with good 3pt% and a high scoring average).

His shooting percentage fell off for 2 straight years after the change so I'm not sure. Seems like I vaguely remember that 3rd year starting HORRIBLY and him then being moved from starter to 6th man and he just never seemed to recover, but I can't be for sure.

Yea it might've been the 3rd year where I heard about him in "trade rumors" to like NY. He's not that far removed from his 2nd year and he's 24. I'm optmistic about him but I just would like to know how it turned so sour for him. Collison is in a similar situation but from what i've heard he was simply in the wrong system. Hard to use that excuse for Mayo when he never got traded and been on the same team since his rookie year.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #101
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
It may be something we'll regret in the future. But at this point, who would you rather have going into battle with you? Roddy or Delonte?

Let's poll the players, in fact, let's ask Dirk. I think we all know what his answer would be.

Again, I'm not hating on Roddy and his potential. But he may turn out to be one of those guys that will excel after a change in scenery. As of right now however, he's not going anywhere. He's still a Maverick--I just rather give those minutes to Delonte (who is a solid veteran, constantly plays hurt, and we know what to expect with him each night).
Let's not act like West doesnt have his warts-- and im not just talking about off court stuff. He's a streaky shooter, has a tendency to pound the rock and sometimes puts "getting his" over being a distributor. I remember many times last season that he passed up getting the ball to Dirk when he had good position or mismatch in favor of an off-balance jumper off the dribble.

I too value the toughness and versatility Delonte brings and i like his fearless attitude and sense of humor slightly askew. I hope they bring him back.

You could say some of the negatives about Delonte apply to Roddy, difference being we havent seen Roddy's ceiling yet. He could very easily be a top 6th man ala Jet or Lou Williams that is the 2nd or 3rd option on a playoff team. Maybe as soon as this season.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #102
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's working really hard for that eleven cents today.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #103
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Was one report somewhere that it's one year with a player option for a second year.

I would expect something like that. The only way the Mavs are getting Mayo at 4.5Mil is on a very short deal where he has the control. He's looking to re-trench over a year or two and get a big deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #104
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I mean, I get that the guy is a tweener guard....but come on, fish.
Come one, dub...let the man drink his cool aid in peace. It's orange flavored.

Last edited by sike; 07-16-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #105
sike
The Preacha

That works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Was one report somewhere that it's one year with a player option for a second year.

I would expect something like that. The only way the Mavs are getting Mayo at 4.5Mil is on a very short deal where he has the control. He's looking to re-trench over a year or two and get a big deal.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #106
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
He's working really hard for that eleven cents today.
In the words of someone you know well, "You ain't never lied."

Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #107
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post

That would be ideal. Love having all of these cats in contract years.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #108
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

2 year deal. Second year is a player option. Year 1 will be ~4M.

That is a steal, ladies and gentlemen. A steal.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #109
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:

Nice!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #110
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

My onhly question: why did he tell Phx he wanted more than 8 million a year?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #111
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Let's not act like West doesnt have his warts-- and im not just talking about off court stuff. He's a streaky shooter, has a tendency to pound the rock and sometimes puts "getting his" over being a distributor. I remember many times last season that he passed up getting the ball to Dirk when he had good position or mismatch in favor of an off-balance jumper off the dribble.

I too value the toughness and versatility Delonte brings and i like his fearless attitude and sense of humor slightly askew. I hope they bring him back.

You could say some of the negatives about Delonte apply to Roddy, difference being we havent seen Roddy's ceiling yet. He could very easily be a top 6th man ala Jet or Lou Williams that is the 2nd or 3rd option on a playoff team. Maybe as soon as this season.
Agreed. But the crux of the argument is the fact that we haven't seen Roddy's ceiling yet. What if we have? And so what if we haven't? Is this the year? Is next year? We just don't know and that's why I choose Delonte over Roddy because he is a known commodity. I'm not saying Delonte is make it or break it, there's a reason why he'll be getting only 2.5M from the Mavericks if he elects to re-sign, I'm merely just pointing out what is known versus what is unknown.

Furthermore, I can guarantee that every guy in that locker room would choose Delonte as well.

Contact Me
Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #112
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
My onhly question: why did he tell Phx he wanted more than 8 million a year?
Looking at their guard situation and i'm looking at ours? Also the fact that we may be a playoff contender? Seems like the Mavs are a more ideal situation than the Suns. Did Phoenix even entertain that 8 million though?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-16-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #113
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's confirmed?

I'm not a big Mayo fan, but I had been looking at him as probably the #3 non-vet-on-his-last-contract-looking-to-piggy-back-to-a-championship-with-the-Heat SG on the market, and never thought he'd be available on a deal like that.

Sweet.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #114
sike
The Preacha

Well you see, alby, Mayo isn't really that good at all...let me show you some stats that show you that I really understand basketball and you don't. (I want to punch those people.)

Quote:

Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #115
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
That's confirmed?

I'm not a big Mayo fan, but I had been looking at him as probably the #3 non-vet-on-his-last-contract-looking-to-piggy-back-to-a-championship-with-the-Heat SG on the market, and never thought he'd be available on a deal like that.

Sweet.
I remember when he was in High School dominating. They were discussing how he may come straight out of high school into the league. Not sure if this was before or after the 1 year collegiate deal they have now but he was expected to be the next big thing in high school.

At 24, I believe he still believes he can be more than just a spot up shooter for Wade and Lebron. I believe he thinks he can be a Lebron or Wade. He's far too young to be hopping on that bandwagon.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #116
alby
Guru

Quote:
Well you see, alby, Mayo isn't really that good at all...let me show you some stats that show you that I really understand basketball and you don't. (I want to punch those people.)
I know you're being sarcastic but even if he wasn't all that great it's still considered a steal. When you can sign a starting caliber player or even a 6th man at 4M, it's a steal.

JET, at age 34, agreed to a three-year deal at 5M per. Kidd same length.

No matter how the haters will spin it, this was an absolute steal.

Contact Me
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #117
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Mayo-DC-West--Roddy-DoJo-DaJo-Cunnigham

Let them battle
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #118
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you're being sarcastic but even if he wasn't all that great it's still considered a steal. When you can sign a starting caliber player or even a 6th man at 4M, it's a steal.

The player option tempers it a tiny, tiny bit. But yeah, that's a great signing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #119
sike
The Preacha

I'm all for that. BUT what I'm seeing is a young stud ready to re-establish his game.

The change of scenery/uniform is going to do him good.

The "Dirk Bump" is going to do him good.

I don't know the story on how his game got lost in MEM, but I'm pumped to see him find it again in Big D!
Quote:

Last edited by sike; 07-17-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #120
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good point, Alby. Good point.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enter the dirk bump, i refuse to enter that, i was telling not asking, ocelot_ark goin' ham, thig is over the top