Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #121
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #122
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

What a beaut ! Effort was amazing once again. Loved everything about it. Whats Dirks time table to return?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #123
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

sick
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #124
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Update on the matrix?
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #125
Henz0

Henz0 will become famous soon enough

The Juice Man

Team really needs to work on their Rebounding though
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #126
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Did Dallas have anything last year resembling the offense we have seen in 3 of 4 games. Collison, Mayo and Kaman ...JUST WOW.. Do Jo and Crowder were huge in the 4th period and Wright is just so SMOOTH!!!!
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #127
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Damn we're good. That loss to Utah still bothers me. We better win Wednesday night.

OJ Mayo, wow. What a pick up. Dude is balling.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #128
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I take back all the bad things I said about Mayo. Dude is playing like JET with size to boot. It's still early and I don't want to compare him to a Mavs legend like JET just yet though.

Defense is tough and the point guard play couldn't be any better. Who'd thought the team would end up so much better after the Deron Williams debacle?

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 11-05-2012 at 10:56 PM.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #129
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
Did Dallas have anything last year resembling the offense we have seen in 3 of 4 games. Collison, Mayo and Kaman ...JUST WOW.. Do Jo and Crowder were huge in the 4th period and Wright is just so SMOOTH!!!!
I don't know if the lack of practices or even lack of rest made the Mavs look sluggish last year, but you gotta give RC some credit for having this years team work so great together.

He does a great job keeping guys ready. You look at a team like the Lakers with all that talent and they've been struggling putting up points, then you look at a team like the Mavs w/o Dirk and everyone out there on the floor is looking to score. Of course they are working together to get the best shot possible, but the offense has been flowing so well so far.

Great to watch the Mavs play like this. Team-basketball.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #130
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
Damn we're good. That loss to Utah still bothers me. We better win Wednesday night.

OJ Mayo, wow. What a pick up. Dude is balling.
Utah loss happens to 9 out of 10 teams in the league. Utah on a back to back at Utah is a scheduled loss imo. And also it was the second game of the year while they were still getting their legs under them.

I'm not just being mavs homer either. I have no problem ripping them when I see fit.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #131
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Wonder if Dojo has turned the corner? Guy has the talent for sure.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #132
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Utah loss (3rd qtr meltdown) was a good learning experience. It helps us more than it hurts.

Last edited by markus1234; 11-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #133
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

3-1 so far is great and this team has the young pieces to just get better...Love this team and its potential 50X more than last years very old and mish-mash unit...
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
I don't know if the lack of practices or even lack of rest made the Mavs look sluggish last year, but you gotta give RC some credit for having this years team work so great together.
Compare a guy like Kidd to a guy like Collison and the difference is obvious - age.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #135
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Compare a guy like Kidd to a guy like Collison and the difference is obvious - age.
Yes, comparing last year to this year and you can easily tell how old we looked just a few months ago.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #136
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Just be glad I decided to pee sitting down in an effort to counter-act the bad mojo, folks. Feel free to thank me.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #137
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

mavs won.what you want to tell me?

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #138
hutch41

hutch41 has a spectacular aura abouthutch41 has a spectacular aura about

So is this guy making the game thread from now on
hutch41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #139
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch41 View Post
So is this guy making the game thread from now on
Nope, since we won someone else has to take the GDT from him
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #140
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
mavs won.what you want to tell me?
Dont know...but not what u told me via PN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp
mavs won.suck my cock you fucking bastard!!!
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #141
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Damn...you guys keep your PN's to yourself. Too kinky for mainstream.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #142
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

we won and my GDT is great.if you are sad .it is your f business.
true mavs fan is happy when our guys won the game.you are not so shut your mouth.and be gone

this message is for sefant77

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #143
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

It's really refreshing to see great amounts of effort being given this early in the season. We are sharing the ball and in turn, getting great open looks at the basket.

We do have some work to do on the defensive end, especially rebounding, but things are definitely headed in the right direction. Also need to see Brand become a little more consistent, however, this team has so many weapons that he doesn't have to be a 15 ppg guy. He can be an 8-10 guy with everyone pitching in.

Collison, Mayo, and Kaman have been better than advertised. Crowder looks like one of the steals of the draft. I know it will be hard with Collison, DoJo, and Roddy, but I'm looking forward to seeing Cunningham get some development as well.

I'm also real curious/anxious to see Dirk and Roddy fully mixed in as well (as is everybody). It seems like Dirk is about to have some big time fun. The depth this team could have is astounding.

Last edited by MascisMan; 11-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #144
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
we won and my GDT is great.if you are sad .it is your f business.
true mavs fan is happy when our guys won the game.you are not so shut your mouth.and be gone

this message is for sefant77
Just shut up and be happy because of the win!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #145
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If someone is sending you harassing messages, I'm sure you can block them somehow. But there's really no need to post them in a thread other than to try and escalate the trash talk.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #146
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

WAy to go Dojo

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #147
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
WAy to go Dojo
Last night is the first time I have seen Dojo actually look like he might belong in the NBA.

Good job Dojo.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #148
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Last night is the first time I have seen Dojo actually look like he might belong in the NBA.

Good job Dojo.
He's shown some flashes of it before, but it's usually hidden behind poor finishes after good drives and bad decisions to crash the lane for an offensive foul. He will likely never develop his shot to an elite level, but if he keeps playing like this the confidence will come and it will help his shooting a lot. Which will make him a much more complete player.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #149
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He's shown some flashes of it before, but it's usually hidden behind poor finishes after good drives and bad decisions to crash the lane for an offensive foul. He will likely never develop his shot to an elite level, but if he keeps playing like this the confidence will come and it will help his shooting a lot. Which will make him a better trade chip.
FYP.