Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Mavs rack up the points and another win against Portland

By the numbers:

- OJ Mayo scored 32 points on 12-18 shooting (6-8 three-pointers), and has 62 points on 22-35 shooting (13-18 three-pointers) in the last two games combined...
- Chris Kaman with another 16-point performance - he's now 16-19 shooting in his 2 games this season.
- Dojo had an excellent 4th quarter with 6 points, 6 assists and 3 steals, effectively putting away the game.
- Darren Collison with his second-straight double-double (he only had 3 last year) with 14 points and 13 assists.

The biggest criticism of the night has to be the battle of the boards, in which we were out-rebounded 48-37 - and a woeful 23-2 on the offensive boards.

We're now 3-1 without Dirk.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Offense wont be a problem this season. So many weapons...

But yeah rebouding. Again...but there is plenty of time to work on rebounding and defense.

And Rick Carlisle is amazing...so short time with a almost completly new team

Last edited by sefant77; 11-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Shouldn't be hard to find a big body to bang and grab rebounds. Murphy looks ok but that roster spot could be used for a rebounder right now.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Seeing our centers play makes me realize just how bad Brendan and Ian were.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Seeing our centers play makes me realize just how bad Brendan and Ian were.
Kaman's skill level is off the charts down low. If you've ever played bball you know how hard it is to do what he does down there and he does it with ease.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Offense wont be a problem this season. So many weapons...
I love our offense right now - we actually lead the Western Conference with 108.3 PPG, good for 3rd-most Points For in the league.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-05-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets be honest, Collisons and Mayos FG% is going to drop for sure. But we are getting tons of quality shots and this without Dirk. And Dirk is the guy that makes it easier for everyone.

Collison impresses me.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

MAyo is now shooting 63% on the year on threes and 89% on FTs.
Collison is 60%, 80%, %80. Thats ridiculous and the Kid's only 25.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CplqRckrgI
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Shart had a great 4th quarter. That floater he had in the 4th is a shot he should master to stay in the league. And he actually runs the pick and roll better than any PG on the team.

Collison had another really good game. Love how he pushes the ball in transition. I wish he would use the screener more and curl around the pick. That would free up the screener. But most of the time he goes the opposite way of the pick.

Mayo is finally just taking what is there. And when Dirk gets back, he'll find even more open shots. He's going to realize how easy Terry had it for all those years.

Brand fumbled several plays tonight. If he caught the ball he would have had another 4-6 points easily.

I really wish Vince would take what the defense gives instead of coming in and just hoisting.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. Kaman is averaging 89% FG in two games. Can he make it to 90%?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Good start to the game, and an even better close. The rebounding disparity was troubling, but I thought a lot of it was really an offshoot of some struggles defending against penetration off screens. Hopefully that can get straightened out as the season progresses.

Mayo's best game in blue, and it wasn't just the three point shooting. His overall aggressiveness was at a level I hadn't yet seen from him in Dallas.

DC's still the motor making the team go, though. I thought he kind of lost his groove when he came back in for DoJo in the 4th, but overall he was great again, on offense of course, but I also thought he had a pretty strong game defensively.

Speaking of DoJo, good for him putting the rough first half behind him and really making a difference in the 2nd.

Strong 2nd half from Crowder, too. His IQ continues to impress the hell out of me, particularly on the defensive end. Just terrific positioning and recovery instincts.

Vince and Marion had good 1st halves before injuries and passive chucking derailed their evenings. Luckily we didn't need them.

Kaman and Wright are just machines when it comes to putting the ball in the basket right now. Elton continues to struggle, though, and tonight I thought I saw it affecting his decision making a couple times. Hopefully he can get that righted sooner than later. I still think he's going to be a strength for the team, and in particular a good front-court partner for Dirk.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

If the Mavs can keep this up without Dirk then Donnie Nelson needs to be talked about for NBA Executive of the Year Award.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

In the mean time Ian is averaging 4pts, 5reb on 25% shooting in Indiana. I want him to succeed, but it's also nice that we still have guys like Kaman, Wright and Brand that can play his position and a brand, new 25-year-old PG in Collison instead.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just amazed at how quickly this team is coming together, it seems like our chemistry is really good and the guys are learning how to play with one another very quickly. I'm very impressed. Normally, I'm always worried when we play the Blazers because they always seem to have young, athletic players. But then I realized, we have a pretty young and athletic team ourselves. And we have vets helping our young guys as well. Can't wait till Dirk gets back.

PS- Did you guys see Dirk on the bench ? He looked giddy lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
In the mean time Ian is averaging 4pts, 5reb on 25% shooting in Indiana. I want him to succeed, but it's also nice that we still have guys like Kaman, Wright and Brand that can play his position and a brand, new 25-year-old PG in Collison instead.
Good God, If I was a Pacers fan I would be outraged at that trade.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
LETSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I'm just amazed at how quickly this team is coming together, it seems like our chemistry is really good and the guys are learning how to play with one another very quickly. I'm very impressed. Normally, I'm always worried when we play the Blazers because they always seem to have young, athletic players. But then I realized, we have a pretty young and athletic team ourselves. And we have vets helping our young guys as well. Can't wait till Dirk gets back.
Its called Rick freaking Carlisle...he is amazing in building teams and get the most of the players he has.

Watch the Nets-Wolves game. Nets blew a 22p lead. Wolves went on a 22-5 run and Avery didnt change the lineup the entire time. Just looked how his team goes down the toilet. That was all 06/07 again.

They couldnt get any boards during stretches and he rolled out smallball with JJ as PF. Yes, seriously.

Deron screwed up so badly. Thinking JJ gonna push them over the top and that his contract wont matter and trusting in freaking Avery....
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #19
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Deron is in no man's land. A team with its hands tied by cap restrictions that is just a middle of the pack team. He won't win any rings there.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Collison had another really good game. Love how he pushes the ball in transition. I wish he would use the screener more and curl around the pick. That would free up the screener. But most of the time he goes the opposite way of the pick.
I was noticing that too, and it got me thinking. It's easy to get excited about him with how he's played so far, but I do have to remind myself that the biggest test for him is still to come: getting the ball to Dirk in his comfort spots when the defense is in full denial mode. I'll be surprised if there doesn't end up being at least a bit of a learning curve for him there, as he's never really had that responsibility before.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #21
joebobbill

joebobbill will become famous soon enoughjoebobbill will become famous soon enough

Crowder, +22 in 14 minutes? Good grief!
joebobbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo:

I worked this summer. Things didn’t go in my favor, so it just put me back in a trying to get in the NBA type of deal. I’m just grinding every day non-stop, two or three times a day. I just wanted to be really prepared to come in this season and provide for the city of Dallas and the organization of the Mavericks. I just want to provide and show that I can play night in and night out. That’s pretty much my focus. I’m just taking it a possession at time, a quarter at a time, a half at a time and a game at a time and just keep building on this.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
sefant77
Guru

There was just one really bad Collison moment in the 1st half when he gave Wright the ball with like 2 seconds left and Wright had to throw up some garbage
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #24
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
There was just one really bad Collison moment in the 1st half when he gave Wright the ball with like 2 seconds left and Wright had to throw up some garbage
yeah that was a bad possession...

what will be interesting is who will step up and take those kinds of shots with shot clock running down. Who will step up and be the one to create something when the offense stagnates. Mayo seems primed to step in to it...
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #25
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Deron is in no man's land. A team with its hands tied by cap restrictions that is just a middle of the pack team. He won't win any rings there.
Well that's what he get's for trying to use the Mavs as leverage...I don't feel bad for him at all.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #26
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Best revenge for the mavs and mavs fans is to just ignore Deron and for the Mavs to keep winning games. I'm sure it's slowly sinking in what a horrible decision he made.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #27
sefant77
Guru

How you cant love this guy?

Quote:
Kaman (jokingly) on the Mavs' "flow" offense: "Teams can't really scout that. We don't even know what we're doing half the time ourselves."
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #28
davblue

davblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the roughdavblue is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I was noticing that too, and it got me thinking. It's easy to get excited about him with how he's played so far, but I do have to remind myself that the biggest test for him is still to come: getting the ball to Dirk in his comfort spots when the defense is in full denial mode. I'll be surprised if there doesn't end up being at least a bit of a learning curve for him there, as he's never really had that responsibility before.
I agree. As great as OJ's been playing the last 2 games, DC has been controlling the offense and has pretty much all the freedom in the world to create for himself and the team. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the Big German comes in and needs his touches as well.

But the early signs are obviously very, very encouraging.
davblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #29
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Best revenge for the mavs and mavs fans is to just ignore Deron and for the Mavs to keep winning games. I'm sure it's slowly sinking in what a horrible decision he made.
i don't know about that...

he did decide to get 25 mil more than from any other decision he would have made. that can hardly be call a horrible decision.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
i don't know about that...

he did decide to get 25 mil more than from any other decision he would have made. that can hardly be call a horrible decision.
No, he secured this millions just three years earlier. There is no "more". Actually it will be less if you count taxes and living costs in NY
Old 11-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #31
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Its called Rick freaking Carlisle...he is amazing in building teams and get the most of the players he has.

Watch the Nets-Wolves game. Nets blew a 22p lead. Wolves went on a 22-5 run and Avery didnt change the lineup the entire time. Just looked how his team goes down the toilet. That was all 06/07 again.

They couldnt get any boards during stretches and he rolled out smallball with JJ as PF. Yes, seriously.

Deron screwed up so badly. Thinking JJ gonna push them over the top and that his contract wont matter and trusting in freaking Avery....
He played Joe Johnson at PF ? Are you freaking serious ? I'm so happy we don't have Avery Johnson around these parts anymore. That guy is seriously clueless and has no idea what to do once the other team goes on a run. We saw it for years when he was here. All he does is yell really loudly in his stupid, high pitched voice. But yelling does nothing, and the guy is too stubborn and hesitant to make adjustments. Thinking of Avery Johnson always pisses me off, he is incompetent and I strongly believe he cost this team championships. I remember in his last year here when Dirk started walking out of Avery's huddles. I'm pretty sure by that point Dirk and the others could see that the man had no strategy nor clue whatsoever.

PS - I hope Deron Williams enjoys having to listen to Avery Johnson's annoying voice for the next couple of years.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #32
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:

I couldn't care less about that pathetic dude. I am glad he didn't join the Mavs.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #33
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Update on the matrix?
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #34
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

It's tough to get offensive rebounds when you are hitting everything. We gave up too many second chances though, that was the only thing we did wrong last night. You guys know i'm a Roddy homer, but if D-Jones can play like that, you gotta roll with him. Don't shoot the ball, attack the rim, and make plays from that.

Of course if he plays a lot, teams will figure out they just have to play the passing lanes, and let him try to finish tough layups. Anyway, that's not important right now, what's important is that we have a lot of offensive weapons, and the team is playing surprisingly well. Next game Toronto, they're gonna be on a back to back, but it can be a tough game, Lowry is a handfull.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-06-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Couldn't watch a game of the season so far Currently about to finish my PhD, don't have any time to watch the Mavs by any means...
I will come back to follow the games with you guys once I'm done But it's nice to see the guys are racking up wins even with Dirk on the bench. Any news on Marion?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ian is a serviceable backup, but he'll never be a starter. Definitely a big value getting Collison for him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #37
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Couldn't watch a game of the season so far Currently about to finish my PhD, don't have any time to watch the Mavs by any means...
I will come back to follow the games with you guys once I'm done But it's nice to see the guys are racking up wins even with Dirk on the bench. Any news on Marion?
No no, it's all good and working without you so...

Marion said it's a minor thing.

23-2 offensive rebounds, wow!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #38
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Shouldn't be hard to find a big body to bang and grab rebounds. Murphy looks ok but that roster spot could be used for a rebounder right now.
Wish we could get a Reggie Evans type for the Murphy spot.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

RC:

Quote:
“We’re not running a lot of plays. We’re best playing randomly and we’re developing a better feel of all the time doing that. We’ve got to trust that right now. When we slowed down and tried to call plays tonight, we sucked.”

Last edited by Kante; 11-06-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #40
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

No disrespect to Kidd, but man, how nice it is to have a point guard that can score on a drive, lay-up, or mid-range shot, and not just rely on 3 pointers for offense. Heck, even Dojo & Roddy have been a decent change in pace.

It was truly frustrating to see Kidd drive to the basket...high degree of uncertainty of making a lay-up or put back.

I will miss Kidd's masterfull passing, and agressive defense.