Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What seed do the Mavs finish the season with?
Homecourt (1-4) 0 0%
5th seed 3 17.65%
6th seed 8 47.06%
7th seed 5 29.41%
8th seed 0 0%
Lottery 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2021, 01:54 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs seeding

Mavs have player 41 games, which would be halfway through a normal season. We are currently 8th. Where do the Mavs end up?

30 games remain

Standings
1) Jazz - 8.5 games behind the Jazz for 1st
2) Suns - 6 games behind the Suns for 2nd
3) Lakers - 5 games behind the Lakers for 3rd
4) Clippers - 4.5 games behind the Lakers for 4th
5) Nuggets - 2.5 games behind the Nuggets for 5th
6) Blazers - 2.5 games behind the Blazers for 6th
7) Spurs - 0.5 games behind the Spurs for 7th
8) Mavs - us
------------------
9) Warriors - 1 game behind us
10) Grizzlies - 1.5 games behind us

--------------------------------------
The difficulty of remaining schedule
=====================
2 - Spurs - 2nd hardest schedule (.545)
3 - Blazers - 3rd hardest schedule (.525)
6 - Suns - 6th hardest schedule (.516)
7 - Lakers - 7th hardest schedule (.512)
17 - Memphis - 17th hardest schedule (.498)
22 - Clippers - 22nd hardest schedule (.493)
25 - Denver - 25th hardest schedule (.485)
26 - Warriors - 26th hardest schedule (.480)
27 - Jazz - 27th hardest schedule (.477)
30 - Mavs - Mavs have the easiest schedule (.462)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-23-2021 at 02:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

5th or 6th, those are realistic still. Unfortunately our home court chances went to the garbage with the covid bout.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:13 PM   #3
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

I think fifth is the top of the reach. That is if Luka keeps improving and Porzingis enhances his market value.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna say 7th. Yes we're right behind the Nuggets and Blazers and they have tougher schedules, but I think those teams are just a little bit better than the Mavs. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't overtake the Spurs though.

All things considered, there are far worse outcomes than ending up with the 7th seed and playing the Suns in the first round. I think we'd have a much better shot against them then we would against the Jazz, or either LA team when healthy.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm gonna say 7th. Yes we're right behind the Nuggets and Blazers and they have tougher schedules, but I think those teams are just a little bit better than the Mavs. I'd be pretty surprised if we don't overtake the Spurs though.

All things considered, there are far worse outcomes than ending up with the 7th seed and playing the Suns in the first round. I think we'd have a much better shot against them then we would against the Jazz, or either LA team when healthy.
I doubt they could beat the Suns.

Chris Paul owns the Mavs in the clutch and Booker + Ayton gives us matchup problems.

The only team I feel somewhat confident against is LA Clippers and that's because I don't expect Paul George to elevate his game in the playoffs.

But at the end of the day I'd give this team a 10% chance of getting out of the 1st round (same old story)
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #6
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Also I wouldn't buy into that easy schedule thing because the Mavs are inconsistent for one and two RC already said he expects more games where Luka and KP will sit out.

Unlike a team like Philly who can win without Embiid and Simmons the Mavs are usually in dog fights even with a full roster vs under .500 teams.

Spurs might be the only team they can catch to avoid the play in tournament because it's hard for the Mavs to sustain a long winning streak.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I doubt they could beat the Suns.

Chris Paul owns the Mavs in the clutch and Booker + Ayton gives us matchup problems.
I didn't say they could beat the Suns. I'd be pretty shocked if they did. I said I think they'd have a better shot against the Suns than against the Jazz or either healthy LA team.

Quote:
The only team I feel somewhat confident against is LA Clippers and that's because I don't expect Paul George to elevate his game in the playoffs.

But at the end of the day I'd give this team a 10% chance of getting out of the 1st round (same old story)
Ten percent sounds about right to me.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #8
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

6 or 7. 1st round exit.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #9
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

7th seed. I think they can take over the Spurs spot, as they will slowly start to fade by the end of the season, and Luka is in prime form.

Unfortunately the rest of the roster isn’t good enough to overtake Blazers/Nuggets.

Even worse, the Suns have the Mavs number. That could potentially be a frustrating series.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:09 PM   #10
Dallas41
Diamond Member

What does everyone think about the Lakers potentially falling hard without AD and LeBron?

If the Mavs really hard they could possibly surprise the Lakers and get up to 6th seed by the time those two comeback
Old 03-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What does everyone think about the Lakers potentially falling hard without AD and LeBron?

If the Mavs really hard they could possibly surprise the Lakers and get up to 6th seed by the time those two comeback
I see them falling to the 6 seed. How it plays out depends on when AD can get back/if they do any moves at the trade deadline.

Seems clear they are trying to avoid a KD situation of tearing his achilles.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Standings
1) Jazz - 8.0 games behind the Jazz for 1st
2) Suns - 5.5 games behind the Suns for 2nd
3) Lakers - 4 games behind the Lakers for 3rd
4) Clippers - 4.5 games behind the Lakers for 4th
5) Nuggets - 2.0 games behind the Nuggets for 5th
6) Blazers - 1.5 games behind the Blazers for 6th
7) Mavs
8) Spurs - 0.5 games behind the Mavs for 7th
------------------
9) Grizzlies - 1.5 games behind us
10) Warriors - 2.0 game behind us

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-24-2021 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:46 AM   #13
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

A 7th seed Mavs team would lose to a 10th seed Warriors in the play in.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #14
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Probably if Curry gets hot

But I don't think the Mavs are going to be that 7th seed.

My bold prediction is the Lakers and Grizzlies will be 7th & 8th seeds by season end.

Dallas will avoid the play in tournament.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:58 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Right now we are 7th.

With Curry injured, I doubt Curry gets the Warriors to the 8th seed.

In the first round we play the Grizzlies or the Spurs. If we win that game, we never see the Warriors.

7th plays 8th.
Winner is in the playoffs
loser plays the winner of 9th/10th
Old 03-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #16
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think with our remaining schedule (even with all those B2B - specially the additonal two because of the snow storm) we end up 5th or 6th and are able to avoid the play-in

The Lakers are going to drop down into the play-in. Their april schedule is brutal, Lebron is out 4-6 weeks and Davis at least two more weeks. And Davis cant carry a team alone.

We also play the Lakers twice 22th and 24th april.

Blazers are keep winning every close game, so i say 7-10th goes to Lakers, Spurs, Warriors and Grizzlies.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-26-2021 at 06:04 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:57 PM   #17
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Tonight was a prime example why I think strength of schedule is crap when it comes to Dallas.

Harper and Followill will get your hopes up high and say the Mavs have a great chance to make up some ground over these next 10-12 games because of the schedule

But they don't seem to take into consideration how the Mavs are operating their rotations and also lack of consistency at times.

So that screw that strength of schedule crap this team is just too unpredictable to just assume they can show up and win even doing a up coming favorable schedule on paper.

And the freakin Lakers stole a game tonight with that garbage roster they have right now
Old 03-27-2021, 11:12 PM   #18
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Spurs take back 7th seed for now
Old 03-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #19
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Right now we are 7th.

With Curry injured, I doubt Curry gets the Warriors to the 8th seed.

In the first round we play the Grizzlies or the Spurs. If we win that game, we never see the Warriors.

7th plays 8th.
Winner is in the playoffs
loser plays the winner of 9th/10th
Reread what I wrote. I never said that the Warriors would be the 8th seed. Curry has a bruised tailbone. It's not that serious.

Last edited by Heezzi; 03-28-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:04 PM   #20
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:

They ARE falling hard. But hard enough for Mavs to overtake them? Remains to be seen.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:05 PM   #21
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Reread what I wrote. I never said that the Warriors would be the 8th seed. Curry has a bruised tailbone. It's not that serious.
So, to confirm, you are saying the Curry is butt hurt? ;-)
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:31 PM   #22
Heezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
So, to confirm, you are saying the Curry is butt hurt? ;-)
Yes... haha
Old 03-28-2021, 10:39 PM   #23
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Tonight was a prime example why I think strength of schedule is crap when it comes to Dallas.

Harper and Followill will get your hopes up high and say the Mavs have a great chance to make up some ground over these next 10-12 games because of the schedule

But they don't seem to take into consideration how the Mavs are operating their rotations and also lack of consistency at times.

So that screw that strength of schedule crap this team is just too unpredictable to just assume they can show up and win even doing a up coming favorable schedule on paper.

And the freakin Lakers stole a game tonight with that garbage roster they have right now
Followill had a little bit of an argument in the post game show when the co-host issued a false dichotomy fallacy by saying would you rather be the 8th seed and have a 100 percent Luka or the 6th seed and have an 85% Luka in the playoffs as if he doesn't rest we are assured he will be hobbled and conversely if he does rest somehow that ensures that he is 100%. Pure fallacious logic. Followill said I would rather not have the 8th seed which almost guarantees a certain first round loss. He went on to say if the Mavs want to win a series they need to get out of the 7 and 8 slots. Agree with him,
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:45 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Followill had a little bit of an argument in the post game show when the co-host issued a false dichotomy fallacy by saying would you rather be the 8th seed and have a 100 percent Luka or the 6th seed and have an 85% Luka in the playoffs as if he doesn't rest we are assured he will be hobbled and conversely if he does rest somehow that ensures that he is 100%. Pure fallacious logic. Followill said I would rather not have the 8th seed which almost guarantees a certain first round loss. He went on to say if the Mavs want to win a series they need to get out of the 7 and 8 slots. Agree with him,
Followill is a poon, but it's hard to disagree that we are toast if we can't get to 5th or 6th. Hell, we are toast anyway. Aside from Luka, we have NO IDEA who is going to show up from night to night. Wildly inconsistent is not a good recipe for playoffs. Neither is our roster.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:09 AM   #25
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Freaking Lakers just won B2B games without LeBron & AD meaning it doesn't look like they are going to fall hard as some analyst predicted.

Some fans will tell you how can you expect the Mavs to win a game without our two best players......

Well the Lakers just showed you how by having other quality guys on your roster able to stand on their own two feet for just a game or two that's how.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:24 AM   #26
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Freaking Lakers just won B2B games without LeBron & AD meaning it doesn't look like they are going to fall hard as some analyst predicted.

Some fans will tell you how can you expect the Mavs to win a game without our two best players......

Well the Lakers just showed you how by having other quality guys on your roster able to stand on their own two feet for just a game or two that's how.
Maybe their coaching is better. Why Rick cant play our first round draft choice when we are down our 2 stars is beyond me. Josh Green, although devoid of any discernible basketball talent, plays hard and should be able to be taught by Rick to be a good perimeter defender

Last edited by Zeus; 03-29-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #27
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Playoff contenders
Finishing in the top six now carries more importance in each conference. That guarantees a team a first-round playoff spot without having to deal with the play-in.

Western Conference top-six odds

Out West, these seven teams have at least a 40% chance to finish in the top six, per BPI:

Utah Jazz: 100%

Phoenix Suns: 99.7%

LA Clippers: 99.5%

Los Angeles Lakers: 97.6%

Denver Nuggets: 87.6%

Portland Trail Blazers: 64.7%

Dallas Mavericks: 41.4%

The San Antonio Spurs (No. 7) and Memphis Grizzlies (No. 9) are within at least four games in the loss column of No. 6 Denver in the current standings, but BPI doesn't give either a better than 2% chance to finish that high. Meanwhile, the Lakers only fall as far as No. 7 in 2.4% of BPI simulations.

The play-in bubble
A reminder on how the play-in works: The teams finishing No. 7 and No. 8 in each conference will play each other, with the winner taking the No. 7 seed in the postseason. The loser will play the winner of a matchup between the teams that finish No. 9 and No. 10 -- and the winner of that final round will get the No. 8 seed.

BPI currently projects that 14 teams have at least a 25% chance to end up in the play-in round in some capacity. Here are the key teams to watch in each conference:

Western Conference No. 7 vs. No. 8 game

Dallas Mavericks: 50.1%

Golden State Warriors: 45.1%

Portland Trail Blazers: 31.6%

New Orleans Pelicans: 19.4%

Memphis Grizzlies: 16.3%

San Antonio Spurs: 15.9%

Denver Nuggets: 11.5%
Old 04-06-2021, 10:34 PM   #28
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Damn the Lakers just keep winning
Old 04-07-2021, 08:13 AM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damn the Lakers just keep winning
They are 4-6 in their last 10 games and have only beaten bottom dwellers
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:58 AM   #30
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking raptors

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs have played 49 games and 23 games remain

Standings
1) Jazz - 9.5 games behind the Jazz for 1st
2) Suns - 7 games behind the Suns for 2nd
3) Clippers - 4.5 games behind the Lakers for 4th
4) Nuggets - 3.5 games behind the Nuggets for 5th
5) Lakers - 3 games behind the Lakers for 3rd
6) Blazers - 1.5 games behind the Blazers for 5th
7) Mavs
8) Grizzlies - 2.5 games behind the Mavs for 7th
------------------
9) Spurs - 3.5 games behind us
10) Warriors - 5 games behind us

--------------------------------------
The difficulty of remaining schedule
=====================
2 - Spurs - 2nd hardest schedule (.559)
3 - Blazers - 3rd hardest schedule (.543)
4 - Suns - 4th hardest schedule (.538)
5 - Lakers - 5th hardest schedule (.529)
17 - Denver - 17th hardest schedule (.485)
19 - Memphis - 19th hardest schedule (.488)
26 - Jazz - 26th hardest schedule (.468)
27 - Warriors - 27th hardest schedule (.467)
29 - Mavs - Mavs have the second easiest schedule (.460)
30 - Clippers - 30th hardest schedule (.459)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-07-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

With a win tonight, we'll be only one game back of the Blazers. Blazers have the third hardest schedule going forward. The Mavs have the second easiest schedule. I think there's a good chance that we overtake them.

I still think there's a chance at the Lakers too, albeit small.

Nuggets are absolutely demolishing. I don't see any way we overtake them.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-07-2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:30 PM   #33
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
With a win tonight, we'll be only one game back of the Blazers. Blazers have the third hardest schedule going forward. The Mavs have the second easiest schedule. I think there's a good chance that we overtake them.

I still think there's a chance at the Lakers too, albeit small.

Nuggets are absolutely demolishing. I don't see any way we overtake them.
There are really no good opponents for the Mavs up top, but I really hope they can avoid the Nuggets. They look unstoppable now.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
There are really no good opponents for the Mavs up top, but I really hope they can avoid the Nuggets. They look unstoppable now.
A healthy Lakers and a healthy Nuggets are my two to avoid.

Clippers are strong, but we showed we can hang with them-- we just need KP healthy this time.

Jazz and Suns are teams that Mavs can matchup with and Rick can outcoach. Those are the two teams I'm hoping for in the first round.

I don't think there is a chance of facing the Blazers, but that's a team I'd love in a seven-game series. They can get so hot that they may just dismantle teams for a game or two, but they won't stay hot for a series.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Playoffs!! Playoffs??!! This team is improving and who knows how good we could be by then, but it's not like we are going to be expected to win a series if we even make the playoffs. We have house money this season since I can't imagine anyone really expecting this roster to make any sort of legitimate run.

Old 04-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #36
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers lucking out too...Cavs without Sexton, playing the Magic a week after the trade deadline...

But i still think we are getting them if we win the two games against them in 2.5 weeks
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Playoffs!! Playoffs??!! This team is improving and who knows how good we could be by then, but it's not like we are going to be expected to win a series if we even make the playoffs. We have house money this season since I can't imagine anyone really expecting this roster to make any sort of legitimate run.
I disagree

Playoffs are all about matchups.

No one felt the Mavs could beat the Lakers back in 2011 but the Mavs had a trio of wing defenders they could throw at kobe and two bigs who could matchup with Bynum and Gasol.

In 07 the Warriors were a bad matchup foe the Mavs

I believe the Mavs would fair well vs the Clippers or Blazers but not the Nuggets or Suns.

Chris Paul scares me for the Suns because the Mavs never seem to stop that guy especially late in games.

If they get the Lakers with a hobbling AD the dynamics of a series like that would change.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I disagree

Playoffs are all about matchups.

No one felt the Mavs could beat the Lakers back in 2011 but the Mavs had a trio of wing defenders they could throw at kobe and two bigs who could matchup with Bynum and Gasol.

In 07 the Warriors were a bad matchup foe the Mavs

I believe the Mavs would fair well vs the Clippers or Blazers but not the Nuggets or Suns.

Chris Paul scares me for the Suns because the Mavs never seem to stop that guy especially late in games.

If they get the Lakers with a hobbling AD the dynamics of a series like that would change.

Playoffs are all about performance. Matchup advantages are only as good as how you execute them. There's no way around that.

There is NO comparison between this roster and the 2011 roster. For that matter, there was superior talent on the '07 team as well. We should have won that series, but we got outcoached and the players got rattle. It shaped who Dirk became.

This roster is not a contender, even if we are hitting on all cylinders we are not enough to sustain a contending run.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:54 PM   #39
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Coach Rick Carlisle called it a "disappointing loss'' and acknowledged that calling Luka "frustrated'' was "a fair assessment.''

Tim Hardaway Jr. offered big-picture analysis by noting, “Portland lost (Tuesday), and we needed this win (in order to climb up from No. 7 in the West.) "So yes, it does put us back a little bit.''

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/4...d-the-7th-seed
First Round Matchup

Assuming Dallas wins the game above, this would result in the Mavericks play the Phoenix Suns, a team that has beaten us not once, not twice, but three times this year. The Suns have two top tier closers, a top 10 defense and offense and have the most versatile young defenders in the West that can guard multiple positions.

Additionally, the possibility of the Utah Jazz losing games and dropping to the two seed concerns me more since they have also beaten Dallas three times.

The Mavs NEED to avoid the 7th seed and the Play-In tournament in general and and lock down the 6th seed or higher. The Mavericks have to take advantage of the weak schedule and hope either the Blazers remaining Strength of Schedule and defensive woes cause them to drop or the Lakers injury problems continue.

Any rise to 6th means likely playing the Clippers. The Mavericks have played the other Los Angeles team well this season.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #40
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers lost tonight. Utah currently beating Portland.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote