Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What seed do the Mavs finish the season with?
Homecourt (1-4) 0 0%
5th seed 3 17.65%
6th seed 8 47.06%
7th seed 5 29.41%
8th seed 0 0%
Lottery 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #281
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk41legend View Post
The Blazers are going to win out aren’t they...
Blazers have the nuggets for their last game so maybe not. There's still a small chance that Nugs take back 3rd too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #282
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

All tip at 8pm CT on Sunday.

Mavs vs Minn

Lakers vs Pels

Blazers vs Nuggs

Old 05-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #283
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Blazers have the nuggets for their last game so maybe not. There's still a small chance that Nugs take back 3rd too.
Suns tonight and Denver on Sunday. I gotta believe they lose at least one of those two games...
Old 05-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #284
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Suns tonight and Denver on Sunday. I gotta believe they lose at least one of those two games...
Rightfully so.

This play in situation is at least entertaining. Plenty of possible scenarios are in play.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:24 AM   #285
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
Wow!
Perfect example how you can say anything you want with statistics.
Yeah at no point in that series did anyone think that KP was negative vs the Clippers

In fact many fans and a few experts believe that the Mavs would have pulled off the upset that series had KP not got injured.

He was playing that well and the Clippers didn't really have anyone who could defend him.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #286
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Looking ahead to the game with Toronto...

Good news: Raptors will be on the second game of a back-to-back.

Bad news (sort of): Tonight the Raptors are "resting" the following players:
  • Boucher
  • Lowry
  • VanVleet

Injured players for tonights game against the Bulls include:
  • Baynes (foot)
  • Watson (knee)
  • Anunoby (calf)
  • Siakam (shoulder)

Raptors are either holding all these guys back to play the Mavs, waiting for their final game which is at home vs. Indiana (I am thinking Lowry), or they are just going through the motions because their season is over (that is, they are all done for the season). I am guessing it is the latter.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #287
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs climb to 5th

Then Clippers drop to 4th

Doesn’t change our opponent

If that happens, that is shangri la. First, we seem to own the Clippers. Second, it would mean we're catching them as we are on the rise, while they are falling.

I would have thought, after Murray's injury, Denver would have been who we wanted to face. But they are playing really well lately. And not sure I like our matchups there (who guards Jokic?...does Kleber do ok there?).
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #288
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Looking ahead to the game with Toronto...

Good news: Raptors will be on the second game of a back-to-back.
Chuck Cooperstein
@coopmavs
May 11

One of the weirder stats of the season: Mavs are now just 3-7 vs teams that are playing on 2nd night of BTB. They have one more such game on Friday vs Toronto
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #289
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Suns might be holding out Ayton tonight
Old 05-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #290
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
If that happens, that is shangri la. First, we seem to own the Clippers. Second, it would mean we're catching them as we are on the rise, while they are falling.

I would have thought, after Murray's injury, Denver would have been who we wanted to face. But they are playing really well lately. And not sure I like our matchups there (who guards Jokic?...does Kleber do ok there?).
Are we really convinced that the mavs are playing well?

I know they caught the Lakers two games but that was prior to AD playing the way he is now.

They also had a few games where they played teams without a few top options

That Memphis game was an eye opener tbh

I'm not sure exactly what this team is even after 70 games.

They could upset the clippers or they could easily get blown out that series because of the inconsistency of the roster.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #291
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

I know they caught the Lakers two games but that was prior to AD playing the way he is now.

They also had a few games where they played teams without a few top options

That Memphis game was an eye opener tbh

I'm not sure exactly what this team is even after 70 games.

They could upset the clippers or they could easily get blown out that series because of the inconsistency of the roster.

I'm not sure what was eye opening about the Memphis game. We are who we are.. we lose games we are supposed to win and surprise everyone with wins we didn't think we would get.

Moral of the story is, we live and die by the 3. It's the way our offense is set up and our roster is built. If we shoot the 3 well and have good ball movement, we are tough to best. We aren't a grind it out defensive team that can win in any fashion. We need our ducks lined up in order to succeed. Nothing about the Memphis game surprised me.

I don't think we are playing better as a team than we have at other points in the season where we have won games. THJ has picked up his level but we have played some scrub teams too. At some point he will come back toward normal. I just hope Dirk and Tim SR are at every PO game.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:07 PM   #292
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
You are obviously not.

The rest of us see a team that is young and therefore inconsistent but also winning at the third-best pace in the NBA since Feb 5th.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:16 PM   #293
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

I think that not having any idea if the Mavs will win or lose a game (regardless of who they're playing) isn't just a sign of a weak and inconsistent team. I think it's just the current state of the NBA. Too many games over a short stretch, injuries, load management, COVID protocols, etc. have resulted in a poor regular season product. The focus isn't about winning every game and establishing long winning streaks anymore. It's about the long game in maintaining health and doing just enough to play in the tournament.

All of that said - I'm so thankful to no longer be a season ticket holder as I'd find it extremely difficult and frustrating to walk into the AAC and know that the Mavs have as good of a chance at losing as they do winning. This team used to dominate at home, but that's a thing of the past. Hopefully that changes next season and in the years to come!
Old 05-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #294
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
You are obviously not.

The rest of us see a team that is young and therefore inconsistent but also winning at the third-best pace in the NBA since Feb 5th.
Yes they are inconsistent

But I don't think it has to do with being young

Kleber, Burke, DFS, Boban, Powell, Richardson, THJ and WCS aren't exactly young guys under the age of 25.

For some reason the Mavs got the label of being a young team probably because of Luka but beyond him and Brunson this isn't really a young team.

They have several guys close to 30 years old in the top half of the rotation and I didn't even include Redick.

I think they are inconsistent because of talent level not because they are young.

And again they could upset the clippers or they could get blown out that's why I stated I wasn't sure what exactly we have with this team

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-13-2021 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #295
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what was eye opening about the Memphis game. We are who we are.. we lose games we are supposed to win and surprise everyone with wins we didn't think we would get.

Moral of the story is, we live and die by the 3. It's the way our offense is set up and our roster is built. If we shoot the 3 well and have good ball movement, we are tough to best. We aren't a grind it out defensive team that can win in any fashion. We need our ducks lined up in order to succeed. Nothing about the Memphis game surprised me.

I don't think we are playing better as a team than we have at other points in the season where we have won games. THJ has picked up his level but we have played some scrub teams too. At some point he will come back toward normal. I just hope Dirk and Tim SR are at every PO game.
Yep that's all I was trying to say

This is a team that wavers up and down

It's hard to say what they truly are because of the inconsistencies

The playoffs will either expose us or truly reflect that they are a team on the rise.

Maybe we get a matchup that doesn't really expose the teams weaknesses as much

The Clippers lack an explosive PG and so does the Nuggets so it's possible the mavs could steal a series I'm hoping
Old 05-13-2021, 10:22 PM   #296
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it's been posted before.

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/s...016388/photo/1

Edit- it has.

We may be inconsistent but very good chance we could have been in it for the 4th seed if not for the abysmal start to the season.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 05-13-2021 at 10:28 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #297
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell of a game between Phoenix and Portland. I didn’t stay up for the whole game, but I watched the highlights. Mavs back to the 5 seed. Just gotta take care of business the next 2 games.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #298
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #299
SMC0007
Guru

The ball is back in our court. Which means there's a great chance we lose tonight.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #300
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

Edit- it has.

We may be inconsistent but very good chance we could have been in it for the 4th seed if not for the abysmal start to the season.
Hell, if we didn’t lose 2-3 starters for 1/7 of the season for Covid, we had a good chance at 4th

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-14-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:01 AM   #301
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hell, if we didn’t lose 2-3 starters for 1/7 of the season for Covid, we had a good chance at 4th
Would be interesting to see how much better the team could have been w/o Covid. Even when guys came back you could tell they were still not 100%.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #302
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

Clippers should win out at this point. I was wondering if they had a preference on playing the Mavs or Blazers if they could potentially throw a game to get the match up they wanted but the Mavs, Blazers, Clippers, and Nuggets all play their last game at the same time so I guess that won’t be happening.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:39 PM   #303
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Clippers trying to throw the game?
Old 05-14-2021, 10:22 PM   #304
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Clippers trying to throw the game?
They want Blazers.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #305
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

I’ve never seen a superstar rest as many games as Kawhi. Some weak shit you would never see guys like Lebron do.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:35 PM   #306
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They want Blazers.
I personally think they are trying to avoid Lakers. The Lakers could very well get the 6th seed still and if Lebron is healthy that's a nightmare for the Clippers in the first round.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:03 PM   #307
BPo001
Diamond Member

Ugh. I don’t want the Clippers. Too much hate towards that team.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #308
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Well shit. Nuggets won last night and clippers lost. I wonder if we "rest" our starters tomorrow to try to lose and get 6th or something.... Damn man I just have this awful feeling we will be playing the clippers.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #309
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
Well shit. Nuggets won last night and clippers lost. I wonder if we "rest" our starters tomorrow to try to lose and get 6th or something.... Damn man I just have this awful feeling we will be playing the clippers.
Does it though? Clippers and Denver have the same record @ 47-24.

Last game:

Denver vs Portland
LAC vs OKC

I’d imagine Portland is playing for a win. OKC is terrible. Even the end of the Clippers bench should be able to beat them. Should be a fun day of basketball tomorrow!
Old 05-15-2021, 03:50 PM   #310
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Clippers gonna lose that last game to not risk it in case blazers beat the nuggets.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #311
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

Edit- it has.

Well if that's the case and Mavs were really a legit 4th seed than it shouldn't matter who they play between the Nuggets and Clippers because technically without covid & injuries they would have had the better team right?

So let's go get em Mavs bring on either one of them
Old 05-15-2021, 10:22 PM   #312
Melonhead
Guru

I know everyone likes to use covid as the excuse but all teams had to deal with it.

Personally think the schedule was just harder in the first half of the season. I see it as a positive because post all star break Mavs had one of the easiest schedules to take advantage of WITH everyone healthy.

Covid or not I don’t see the Mavs getting 48/49 wins out of 72 games. The 5 seed is where they should be and I’m happy to see the team realize that position.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #313
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I know everyone likes to use covid as the excuse but all teams had to deal with it.

Personally think the schedule was just harder in the first half of the season. I see it as a positive because post all star break Mavs had one of the easiest schedules to take advantage of WITH everyone healthy.

Covid or not I don’t see the Mavs getting 48/49 wins out of 72 games. The 5 seed is where they should be and I’m happy to see the team realize that position.
Yeah I don't think Covid had anything to do with the Mavs losing so many games vs under .500 teams

Sacramento beat the shit out the Mavs 3 times that had nothing to do with covid.

Losing so often in the 1st qtr because you came out flat had nothing to do with Covid because it happened all year pretty much.

I'm actually glad they are playing the Clippers because if they get destroyed this year hopefully it will make the front office realize they can't keep relying in specific players year after year

If they pull off the upset then the FO will get the last laugh....

Clippers don't have an explosive PG so that should allow us to hide Luka on defense

Not sure what the hell we are going to do with Powell and THJ though
Old 05-17-2021, 09:24 PM   #314
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

2021 NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks? Looking forward to this eventual truth!