Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
How is that changing when I said I still take Cutler in a heart beat????? No, Cutler does not have the same receiver and running back core like Romo. Teams can load up to take away the passing games because of the adsence of the running game. If the Cowboys roll out a piss poor running game all season long, you can best believe Romo stats are going to go way down. Cutler stats went down when all his running backs went down..

How about stop giving Romo all those excuses and call it like it is. You want to label these other QB according to there last games, but you refuse to do the same about Romo. How about label ALL of those QB's according to there playoff careers and success? Thats as fair as you can get...
I've never said Romo is a God-Send and the greatest QB to walk on this planet. I've said he has his faults and issues, I've also said he basically has less than 3 years of work at the position and can still easily learn to adjust to the situation. I said he played poorly in the Steelers game, he had bad passes and some INTs. He does some great things and he does some pretty bad things as well.

Plus I never said Cutler had the same weapons as Romo, my words were that they are somewhat comparable. I did say it's a revolving door at the RB position, but it has shown to be effective, Cutler does have a role in it, but it's still shown some effectiveness. His WRs are pretty legit and they're young...but along with him, he's not totally consistent.

Romo is allowed to have more time, like I said...he's still pretty fresh to the situation as a whole. Comparing him to Favre and McNabb, guys who have been in there year after year, clearly Romo is going to look bad in that matchup.

I don't see how I'm being overly favorable to him. I just said I'm not sold that any of those guys are legit night and day differences to him. There is credit given to those QBs, but if it's not dramatic, stick with Romo and let him continue to learn.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-08-2008 at 07:55 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3