Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hornets @ Mavericks Playoffs GAME 3

Fri., April 25: at Dallas, 7 p.m. CT (ESPN)

Everybody say ''!

Please oh please do something.

Last edited by Windmill360; 04-25-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

LETS GO MAVS
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

ike ike, mavericks!

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

With all the new threads around, this thread will get bumped to Page 2 before a mod can find it and stick it to the top of the page.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-25-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
With all the new threads around, this thread will get bumped to Page 2 before a mod can find it and stick it to the top of the page.

YEE YEE!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

lets make it a series!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

MUST FU-CKING win.

Rockets winning in Utah should be inspiration T-VAG!

Wizards winning a game by 36 after losing by 30 the previous game should serve as a reminder that weird shit HAPPENS.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 AM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a lot of 0-2 teams have been winning.....watch us be the one that doesn't....

Sorry, no optimism here . Fine, Go Mavs...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 AM   #9
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

the thing i'm more worried about than the mavs losing the series via sweep is all the ridicule the disrespect the mavs'll be getting. imagine us being the only team to lose a series 0-4 (next to the hawks)

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:03 AM   #10
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

so lets make it HAPPEN (not getting swept, and fuckin WINNIN this series)

everybody say MAVERICKS! lol
Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #11
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Go Mavs
Old 04-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

easy words...

no excuse tonight...
c'mon, Mavs! get your asses in gear... and whipe the floor with 'em!

GOOO MAVS

give the whole world something to be proud of.

I still BELIEVE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ “I've learned that people will forget what you did, people will forget

what you did not, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~*~
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #13
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice#41
easy words...

no excuse tonight...
Yuhuu, Novice sighting!!! Hornest have got no chance now!!!

Go Mavs!!!!
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #14
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Game Links:

Link1
Link2

GO MAVS!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #15
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

WE WILL TURN THIS SERIES AROUND!!!

Raptors responded, Wizards responded and the Rockets responded...now it's time for the Mavs to make a statement!!!

110-91 Mavs
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It's last stand time.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #17
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Windmill, will bring us the victory!! Mavs 111-90
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there. Mavs win BIG.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #19
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

easy dub. blowout win. who's with me:
Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #20
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I just hope we don't get swept...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
ghazi
Platinum Member

is that really Jho
Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Yup that's J-ho having some fun.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #23
ghazi
Platinum Member

Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #24
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Time to break out the oldschool hat logo warmup shirt tonight.
'O billy billy billy...'

I have a feeling we find some collective huevos tonight, in spite of any odd schema.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #25
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very conflicted about tonight. I mean, obviously we are going to win and all, so thats great, but I won't be able to watch it. I get very superstitious come playoff time, and so this would mean we have won 100% of the games I didn't watch. That would mean it would be in everyone's best interest for me NOT to watch the rest of the games. I don't think I can do that.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #26
ghazi
Platinum Member

lol, take one for the team!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

1. Let Kidd coach the team
2. get out in transition
3. give Dirk the ball in the halfcourt
4. don't leave the shooters
5. protect the paint
6. taunt david west =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #28
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

When asked his thoughts of the New Orleans Hornets, Stackhouse chose to make it personal with coach Byron Scott. Stack's take: "I think it's just about having personalities that mesh and I think Chris (Paul) is such a great guy, I think he's been able to kind of deal with Byron Scott. I don't think Byron Scott is the best coach or I don't think he's the best guy to deal with -- you know what I'm sayin? -- from some things that I've heard from other players and just some dealings that I had with him earlier in the season.

"I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

Johnson said he was not aware of Stackhouse's comments, and apparently Scott and the Hornets also did not know what was said by the time they broke practice in New Orleans. By tonight's 7 o'clock tip-off, they surely will. Was Stackhouse simply trying to drop some attitude because no other Mavs player has? Or will his torching of Scott provide more motivation for a young team buzzing with confidence?

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Stackhouse could learn to keep his damn mouth shut - that guy is a walking jinx...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #30
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Stack will probably score 16-22 points tonight, no worries.

Contact Me
Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #31
LSMF
Diamond Member

Stack really sh*tted on Byron Scott but I don't really care, when the Hornets play they have completely no respect for us, at the end of game 1 even though they were up big they still tried to throw a lob but it was picked of by Devean George. That right there shows me how much class they have, F Byron Scott, F Avery, F the Whorenets.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #32
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Thughouse owns. I love trash talk. MJ was the king. The rest of the Mavs need to step up and do more of it. I really don't want to see any of this Jason Terry joking around sht when we're down by 20 in the 4th during the opponents free throws.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Stack really sh*tted on Byron Scott but I don't really care, when the Hornets play they have completely no respect for us, at the end of game 1 even though they were up big they still tried to throw a lob but it was picked of by Devean George. That right there shows me how much class they have, F Byron Scott, F Avery, F the Whorenets.
Have we done anything to earn their respect?

Old 04-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
alby
Guru

I remember that lob, and I didn't like it myself. But, I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they are a young team--and most of them have never been in the playoffs, let alone win in the playoffs. With that being said, they need to learn their lesson. I don't want to say anything else for fear of jinxing us, but Go Mavs.

Contact Me
Old 04-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #35
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Have we done anything to earn their respect?
Didn't we own them from 1999 or something to the start of this year? And it's not so much about respect imo its really about class when you are up by 12 points and there is 10 seconds left is there really a need to throw a lob? Its classless and that's why I don't mind what Stack said.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Didn't we own them from 1999 or something to the start of this year? And it's not so much about respect imo its really about class when you are up by 12 points and there is 10 seconds left is there really a need to throw a lob? Its classless and that's why I don't mind what Stack said.
So, it's respectable to oppose classlessness with more classlessness?

Maybe Stackhouse (6-19 FGM-A this series) should shut the hell up and let his game do the talking...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-25-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Scott does seem like a huge dick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #38
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
So, it's respectable to oppose classlessness with more classlessness?

Maybe Stackhouse (6-19 FGM-A this series) should shut the hell up and let his game do the talking...
Stack needs to shut the hell up and let his game do no talking.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Stack needs to shut the hell up and let his game do no talking.
Good point...

Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #40
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Stack needs to play about 10x better, but for some reason I've always loved his trash talk. I always love having a guy like that on my side, even if he sucks.

But yeah, how bout no more 2-10 shooting nights there, Jerry?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote