Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #1281
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
LOL. Stick to rugby and cricket mate.

"[W]e just upgraded the most stacked superstar position in the NBA with an elite defender who is a touch better than Chandler on the offensive end."
I mean this crap happens if you do your analytics with Arizas shooting 40+% from downtown. So lets see how this gonna work out.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #1282
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler Parsons interview from the Jim Rome show on Wednesday.

http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball...bcs&ocid=yahoo
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #1283
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

http://jimrome.com/2014/07/23/chandl...ner-in-sports/

Scroll down and listen to the interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Chandler Parsons interview from the Jim Rome show on Wednesday.

http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball...bcs&ocid=yahoo

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #1284
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/07/...-july-23-2014/
Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #1285
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

This just seems like a match made in heaven for both sides. Is the season here yet? I agree 100% about Cuban being perhaps the best owner in sports...he really takes care of his players, always looking to improve roster and that's just a couple of examples.

Last edited by EastTxMFFL; 07-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #1286
summerly

summerly is on a distinguished road

I cant wait to see Parsons playing with Dirk, great move Cuban!

Dirk
Parsons
Chandler

Last edited by summerly; 07-25-2014 at 02:00 AM.
summerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #1287
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

from ClutchFans' cyberx, who's clued in to some extent with the Rockets organization, here adressing board members who are desperately awaiting signs of an upcoming trade (e.g. for Dragic or Bledsoe):

Today, 10:26 AM #4843
cyberx
"Guys - It has been dead silent from the Rockets part.

I can tell you that players are not to crazy about the things the Rockets have done here recently.

The article that talks about how Morey sees every player as a piece didn't help.

I spoke to a few players and they said Chandler has been bad mouthing the Rockets org pretty bad - Asik too. Not Lin for those who are gonna ask lol"

and

Today, 10:34 AM #4852
cyberx

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets1994 View Post
I guess chandler really wanted to be back
Felt used - he was asked to help recruit and do all these things...

He was even asked to recruit Melo - while he had his own FA stuff to do.

He helped bring in Dwight for sure - then they dont match or even make an offer cause they were waiting for that big star."

and there is more:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...56423&page=244

Not blaming him at all, but that's a pretty stark contrast to the more official quotes we heard from him (for example in BG's quoteboard linked above).

Last edited by mavErika; 07-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #1288
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

this is what I attempted to post on their forums. They just won't let any of my posts go through it seems .

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler
Rockets did nothing wrong. Dallas did what they thought they should. Fegan did his job. Parsons got what he wanted. Move on.
This^.

Those who are questioning why Parsons signed a contract on Thursday with those type of stipulations are not understanding the broader picture. It's pretty reasonable to assume that Dallas required Parsons to sign it as early as possible. Otherwise, it just puts Dallas in a bind while the rest of their options are picked up elsewhere (Deng, Ariza, Stephenson). It makes sense does it not?

The next question people keep bringing up is why he signed a contract with a player option, trade kicker, and max offer. The max offer is pretty self explanatory. The trade kicker and player option seem to be going over peoples heads. If your not being looked at as a trade piece, if your being looked at as a long term pillar for an organization where they have no desire at all in the next 3 years to use you as an asset to gain a "superstar" then the trade kicker is not an issue at all. Cuban included it to show Parsons they are all in with him. Morey is known for not having this same mentality. Both points have merit. To Parsons, he wasn't putting Houston in a bind at all if they were truly committed to him. The player option is something every player wants in a contract if they can get it. Morey is known to HATE player options. Why should Parsons turn it down? It only gives him more options when the new TV deal hits and the salary cap is expected to jump more than 7.5% (estimated current increase from year to year).

I get that people wanted Parsons to show some hometown loyalty with the deal. The reality is that he did not have a great deal of power in this situation. Very few teams were going to be willing to offer Parsons a contract in the realm of 12-13 per year with no stipulations. The likelihood of that contract getting matched were 100%, and in doing so your only tieing up your own money. Dallas gave him the max which had a 50/50 chance of not being matched (overpaying). They then put in a trade kicker and player option to prove their intent to Parsons and to create a horrible situation for a known "asset collector" in Morey. Parsons had zero flexibility in this situation if he actually wanted to get a new contract.

The only mistake I see Morey made was in letting Parsons out of his contract. Seems like he did it as either a gamble which looked pretty promising before the Hayward offer (even still did when it looked like Bosh was coming), or he did it because he owed Parsons for recruiting Dwight. Either way, he made the most of the situation by signing Ariza to a team friendly contract. People need to stop blowing this situation up into something its not.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #1289
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
from ClutchFans' cyberx, who's clued in to some extent with the Rockets organization, here adressing board members who are desperately awaiting signs of an upcoming trade (e.g. for Dragic or Bledsoe):

Today, 10:26 AM #4843
cyberx
"Guys - It has been dead silent from the Rockets part.

I can tell you that players are not to crazy about the things the Rockets have done here recently.

The article that talks about how Morey sees every player as a piece didn't help.

I spoke to a few players and they said Chandler has been bad mouthing the Rockets org pretty bad - Asik too. Not Lin for those who are gonna ask lol"

and

Today, 10:34 AM #4852
cyberx

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets1994 View Post
I guess chandler really wanted to be back
Felt used - he was asked to help recruit and do all these things...

He was even asked to recruit Melo - while he had his own FA stuff to do.

He helped bring in Dwight for sure - then they dont match or even make an offer cause they were waiting for that big star."

and there is more:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...56423&page=244

Not blaming him at all, but that's a pretty stark contrast to the more official quotes we heard from him (for example in BG's quoteboard linked above).
Interesting stuff.

I personally think that Cuban just told Parsons exactly what he wanted to hear even if it wasn't necessarily true with the help of Dirk's loyalty, but hey it not only got us Parsons, it also destabilized the Rockets.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #1290
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah cyberx is apparently their BG.

He said that he saw that Felton was in shape which is semi-encouraging. I'll believe it when I see it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #1291
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah cyberx is apparently their BG.

He said that he saw that Felton was in shape which is semi-encouraging. I'll believe it when I see it.
Their BG? Sorry I'm a newb here so just wondering.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #1292
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
Their BG? Sorry I'm a newb here so just wondering.
BG= Brian Gutierez. He's a poster here as well as a beat reporter with some inside info on the Mavs.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #1293
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Cyberx is just one of many at Clutchfans though. You see how big that site is. He has been the only one saying that. It's not like the Rockets didn't sign anyone. I'm sure Ariza would not have came back if he thought those things, for example. Parsons and his family are acting like little girls on twitter. Tweeting stuff, deleting the tweets, etc. It's hilarious.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #1294
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Morey seems to be burning a lot of bridges around the league... Not only does he treat players like assets, but he seems to go out of his way to piss off other franchises. He snaked Asik and Lin out from Chicago and New York with those poison pill contracts, then had the nerve to ask Cuban to trade Dirk to Houston right after they signed Dwight. I'm sure agents don't look favorably on that kind of behavior, and I know players and GMs certainly don't.

Maybe this is why nobody seems to be interested in playing for the Rockets all of a sudden...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #1295
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Morey seems to be burning a lot of bridges around the league... Not only does he treat players like assets, but he seems to go out of his way to piss off other franchises. He snaked Asik and Lin out from Chicago and New York with those poison pill contracts, then had the nerve to ask Cuban to trade Dirk to Houston right after they signed Dwight. I'm sure agents don't look favorably on that kind of behavior, and I know players and GMs certainly don't.

Maybe this is why nobody seems to be interested in playing for the Rockets all of a sudden...
Nah, its just fantasy and some of your heads. Yeah, giving Lin and Asik $15M in the final year of their contract is treating them like an asset. Yeah, letting Parsons out a year early from his contract where he was making less than $1M is treating him like an asset. Players would not be returning to the Rockets of what you said was true. Bosh would have signed in Houston if he didn't get an extra $30M from Miami.

And lets not act like Cuban doesn't do the same thing. He traded away the entire championship roster in a multiple offseason run to try and nab Deron Williams and Dwight Howard and neither of them went there. He went after Melo first before talking to Parsons. Let's stop that nonsense.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #1296
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Cyberx is just one of many at Clutchfans though. You see how big that site is. He has been the only one saying that. It's not like the Rockets didn't sign anyone. I'm sure Ariza would not have came back if he thought those things, for example. Parsons and his family are acting like little girls on twitter. Tweeting stuff, deleting the tweets, etc. It's hilarious.
Yes because following and mocking Parsons and what he does on twitter when he isn't on your team anymore is completely mature.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #1297
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yes because following and mocking Parsons and what he does on twitter when he isn't on your team anymore is completely mature.
I don't know who is doing that.

I'm talking about his brother doing #entitledbitch tweets when talking about Harden and then deleting them. Or another Parsons brother posting Harden and Parsons third year stats, forgetting Chandler is years older, played more minutes, less efficiency (had second highest shot attempts on Rockets), etc. I don't got time to twitter stalk, its all posted on Clutchfans. If you have already followed them, then its easy to see what they tweet when it appears on your feed or someone else retweets it. Not hard.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #1298
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
He went after Melo first before talking to Parsons. Let's stop that nonsense.
Cuban only went after Melo/Lebron because it wasn't possible to sign a RFA to a contract in the first ten days of negotiation. Why not spend those ten days at least trying for bigger when there was literally no way to get Parson at that point?

Old 07-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #1299
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nah, its just fantasy and some of your heads. Yeah, giving Lin and Asik $15M in the final year of their contract is treating them like an asset. Yeah, letting Parsons out a year early from his contract where he was making less than $1M is treating him like an asset. Players would not be returning to the Rockets of what you said was true. Bosh would have signed in Houston if he didn't get an extra $30M from Miami.

And lets not act like Cuban doesn't do the same thing. He traded away the entire championship roster in a multiple offseason run to try and nab Deron Williams and Dwight Howard and neither of them went there. He went after Melo first before talking to Parsons. Let's stop that nonsense.
Ok this is my first post like this but... your an idiot. Plain and simple. NOthing about your post makes any sense.

He gave Lin the money he made a terrible gamble. It's not because he wants to treat them well lol. Players are returning to the Rockets because they are under contract. Do you know for a fact that Bosh preferred Houston over Miami if money was not an issue? Because everything i have read says he preferred Miami, money aside. Maybe your intuition on the subject is just that great? Please share your wisdom! You can try to project your biasness as much as you want, but I doubt anyone on this forum is going to buy that crap. Go talk to a monkey.

We didn't "TRADE" away our entire championship roster. We opted not to give T. Chandler a 4 year contract worth 60+ million because we were unsure on A. the repercussions such a contract would have under the new cba B. T Chandler had a history of health concerns that were disconcerting for such a contract. It wasn't even a certainty that we would even have a season during the lock out. In retrospect I'm sure Cuban could have back that off season, but when dealing with such uncertainty Cuban opted with the more conservative route. Sucks but we move on. Has nothing to do with treating players purely like assets.

As far as going for the big fish, its well known that Cuban was not in favor of going for D. Williams. We lost on the Howard sweepstakes pure and simple. Nothing wrong with that. Harden > injury plagued season Dirk pure and simple, oh and you had Parsons. Then there is Carmelo, who it seemed was not a priority in any way. Nothing about our off season seemed to indicate we were heavily invested in him. Who did Cuban have dinner with when Free agency started? Did we have bill boards up begging him to come play for us? I didn't think so. Sure we had a conversation with Melo because that's simply what you do in free agency. He said Dallas was on his short list, and that he wanted to have a meeting. What did you want us to refuse him? Rather we picked him up, fed the guy at Cubans house, and ushered him on his way. The very first day we could offer a contract to Parsons we did. That simple.

Get your head out of your @ss. At the very least try to come across as less of a moron.

Oh and who the F*** cares about what Chandler Parsons brother is posting on Twitter. Jesus christ Clutch fans are getting desperate.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #1300
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Ok this is my first post like this but... your an idiot. Plain and simple. NOthing about your post makes any sense.
It's you're. Don't try to hurl out insults.

Quote:
He gave Lin the money he did because he's an idiot. It's not because he wants to treat them well lol. Players are returning to the Rockets because they are under contract. Do you know for a fact that Bosh preferred Houston over Miami if money was not an issue? Because everything i have read says he preferred Miami, money aside. Maybe your intuition on the subject is just that great? Please share your wisdom!
Even Cyberx on Clutchfans posted that when Miami threw in the max at Bosh that he reconsidered and signed there. Why else do you think the Rockets started creating the cap room to sign him outright? The Rockets board room was stunned when it happened but then had to move on. And Ariza was under contract? The same guy Morey traded away three years earlier?

Quote:
We didn't "TRADE" away our entire championship roster. We opted not to give T. Chandler a 4 year contract worth 60+ million because we were unsure on A. the repercussions such a contract would have under the new cba B. T Chandler had a history of health concerns that were dis concerning for such a contract. It wasn't even a certainty that we would even have a season during the lock out. As far as going for the big fish, its well known that Cuban was not in favor of going for D. Williams. We lost on the Howard sweepstakes pure and simple. Nothing wrong with that. Harden > injury plagued season Dirk pure and simple, oh and you had Parsons. Then there is Carmelo, who it seemed was not a priority in any way. Nothing about our off season seemed to indicate we were heavily invested in him. Who did Cuban have dinner with when Free agency started? Did we have bill boards up begging him to come play for us? I didn't think so. Sure we had a conversation with Melo because thats simply what you do in free agency. The very first day we could offer a contract to Parsons we did. That simple.
It is well known that the Mavs were going hard to land a big name free agent after the 2012 season. It's no secret. They wanted to bring Deron back home. Then went after Dwight and failed. Even Dirk was upset at the moves Cuban was making because he could have kept most of the roster together and kept going on runs.

It's funny you mention that about Tyson. Mavs fans have been acting like the old Tyson is coming back, and you claim Cuban didn't sign him because of health concerns. Yet, now Tyson is years older and has had more injuries. What do you really expect to get out of him? I think its clear Cuban didnt resign him because he also wanted that extra cap space in the offseason. Everyone on DFW sports radio was either happy that there was a chance they could sign DWill or Dwight, or upset that Cuban let the entire championship team disband.

Quote:
Get your head out of your @ss. At least try to come across as less of a moron.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-25-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #1301
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
It's you're. Don't try to hurl out insults.

Even Cyberx on Clutchfans posted that when Miami threw in the max at Bosh that he reconsidered and signed there. Why else do you think the Rockets started creating the cap room to sign him outright? The Rockets board room was stunned when it happened but then had to move on. And Ariza was under contract? The same guy Morey traded away three years earlier?

It is well known that the Mavs were going hard to land a big name free agent after the 2012 season. It's no secret. They wanted to bring Deron back home. Then went after Dwight and failed. Even Dirk was upset at the moves Cuban was making because he could have kept most of the roster together and kept going on runs.

It's funny you mention that about Tyson. Mavs fans have been acting like the old Tyson is coming back, and you claim Cuban didn't sign him because of health concerns. Yet, now Tyson is years older and has had more injuries. What do you really expect to get out of him? I think its clear Cuban didnt resign him because he also wanted that extra cap space in the offseason. Everyone on DFW sports radio was either happy that there was a chance they could sign DWill or Dwight, or upset that Cuban let the entire championship team disband.
Does this make you mad?

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/ Last week rank 4: This week rank: 9. GG

Someone please bring back the run on debate from that last Houston poster. At least he comes across informed. This guy has almost 1k posts on the Dallas forum as a Houston fan. I am seriously confused. Are you lost? I mean do you actually have anything of substance to say? Oh and thanks for the grammar correction. Makes you look strong on the forums.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #1302
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Does this make you mad?

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/ Last week rank 4: This week rank: 9. GG

Someone please bring back the run on debate from that last Houston poster. At least he comes across informed. This guy has almost 1k posts on the Dallas forum as a Houston fan. I am seriously confused. Are you lost? I mean do you actually have anything of substance to say? Oh and thanks for the grammar correction. Makes you look strong on the forums.
Been here since 2007 and average .38 posts per day, so I'm definitely am here a lot. You are right. Power rankings do not make me upset. They are just random power rankings. Even you could make power rankings. Trying to go at my post count must make you look like Hercules too I bet? You're trying too hard.

And just an fyi, there are other sections to post in on this forum besides the Mavs/basketball sections.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-25-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #1303
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's take it easy. Guerilla has been here off and on for a long time and has participated in plenty of quality discussions.

We can debate without hurling insults.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #1304
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Been here since 2007 and average .38 posts per day, so I'm definitely am here a lot. You are right. Power rankings do not make me upset. They are just random power rankings. Even you could make power rankings. Trying to go at my post count must make you look like Hercules too I bet? You're trying too hard.

And just an fyi, there are other sections to post in on this forum besides the Mavs/basketball sections.
Ok have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Let's take it easy. Guerilla has been here off and on for a long time and has participated in plenty of quality discussions.

We can debate without hurling insults.
Understood.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #1305
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, its just fantasy and some of your heads.
A fantasy in my head? Cuban could've done a sign-and-trade for Parsons and sent back a big trade exception -- something he often does for other teams -- but denied to because Morey decided to act like a dick after you guys landed Dwight... Houston lost a trading partner because of his antics. That's real.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #1306
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
A fantasy in my head? Cuban could've done a sign-and-trade for Parsons and sent back a big trade exception -- something he often does for other teams -- but denied to because Morey decided to act like a dick after you guys landed Dwight... Houston lost a trading partner because of his antics. That's real.
You mean like the one we did for Washington?

Let's not forget Morey actually called to offer Dirk a max contract. This guy.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #1307
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I find it pretty humorous to see the Rockets trying to get Dirk for 2 years straight and failing, it just shows you how deluded that whole organization is (and most of their fans too, apparently).

I mean do they really think Dirk would ever leave Dallas and go to that shithole?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 07-25-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #1308
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
I have no idea why Cuban would do that anyway. That only gives help to a divisional rival and Cuban gains nothing by doing it and loses nothing by not doing it. Washington, in a completely different conference is different. And Cuban and buddy Fegan drew up Parsons contract just to screw the Rockets (talking about the trade kicker). Parsons better perform because he is pretty overpaid. Going from a #3 option on a more efficient team to a #3 option on a less efficient team. Maybe he starts playing defense again. Ariza can produce like Parsons has with the Rockets at half the price. This article here is pretty telling:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/2...kets-mavericks

And don't take the Rockets trying to get Dirk too seriously. That was Morey just being an ass, especially last year after getting Howard after Cuban tried for a couple of years to get him. Then Cuban tries to get back with the Parsons contract. We will see who has the last laugh with that.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 07-25-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #1309
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
And Cuban and buddy Fegan drew up Parsons contract just to screw the Rockets (talking about the trade kicker).
Another preposterous comment. How is Cuban's putting a trade kicker into the contract just a way to screw with the Rockets? It's purely tactical. If by some coincidence it gets under Morey's skin the all the better. Fact is, 12 million per year is what Parsons was estimated to be worth ( you can look up many threads here going into free agency where others have also speculated the exact same value). Based on the last two years of production he is probably a 10 million dollar SF, but because of his age and character/locker room presence you have to estimate he goes 2-3 million higher. For Dallas to have any kind of realistic chance at peeling Parsons away from a divisional and in state rival, you have to overpay and create any other obstacles possible. The trade kicker and player option are two things that Morey is known to have a distaste for. Dallas including it in the offer only increased our chances of getting him. It had to be done. Pure and simple. If you go back to the Houston boards, MANY and I mean the MAJORITY of Houston fans still believed you would match EVEN after Ariza was signed. Once you didn't there was huge backlash, followed by quick interviews by Morey trying to resell the fanbase on the reasoning. Some bought it, others are still creating threads on why Morey should be gone.

It just irks me that people think that the player option and trade kicker were put in the contract simply to stick it to Houston. Why would you do that? It makes zero sense on an emotional level. Put language in a contract that gives more leverage than necessary to a player your going to be signing? On the business side it makes perfect sense. It gave us the best and most realistic chance at getting Parsons. The end.

As far as why would we work a SnT with Houston? Well on Thursday (when Parsons signed the contract) Houston was still trying to move Lin and Asik to create cap space for Bosh's contract. At the time it was said that by Donnie that they were in communication with Houston on a potential SnT. This makes sense in the fact that we had room on the roster for Lin as a potential destination. Alot of people were Meh on the idea, but it was potential possibility. It gave us the gurantee of getting Parsons without it getting matched, and we get a quality PG in return (albeit way overpaid). Anyways, there was potential for the two teams to work together on an SnT.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-25-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #1310
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Exactly. Those two things are extras that Morey greatly dislikes, which is why it was put in. We know Fegan and Cuban are buddies also. And you're wrong about Lin. He was traded to Los Angeles that Friday already, just after LeBron made his announcement. Of course, it wasn't finalized, but both teams had already agreed to the trade in principle. Bosh then went back to the Heat after they offered him the absolute mad later on that day. I never heard of Lin being traded to the Mavs. And Houston had a deal to trade Asik to New Orleans almost a week before.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #1311
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
When has Cuban given another team, especially a division rival, a big trade exception when he hasn't gotten anything in return? What would have been the reason to help Houston out without getting anything for it?

The Rockets haven't lost any trading partners. If any other team can benefit, or feels like they can benefit, from trading with Houston then they will. Dallas included.

Parson's was a good grab for y'all. He, his brothers, Harden, Howard and others need to stop all the crying and just play ball. Everyone did what was best for them.

Last edited by kingmalaki; 07-26-2014 at 01:02 PM.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #1312
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The trade kicker with the year-3 player option served at least three purposes:

1) It lessened the probability that Houston would match. This wasn't about Dallas screwing Houston, but about Dallas getting the guy they'd targeted and not getting stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel.

2) It would have limited Houston's ability to use Parsons in subsequent trades if the Rockets decided to match. Suffice it to say, if things played out this way, hamstringing Houston with a large, difficult-to-trade contract would be at least some payoff for the risk the Mavs were taking by locking themselves into the 3-day waiting period.

3) It gave Parsons as much reassurance as he could possibly hope to get that the "contending" team he was signing on to play with would be the only team he'd have to play with, and that regardless of whether he ended up in Houston or Dallas, he wouldn't end up getting shipped off to Minnesota.

In other words, there was more going on there than just pissing on Morey. It was also about giving Chandler what he wanted, and about balancing reward against risk for the Mavs, who were the only ones that were really putting their necks on the line by putting pen to paper.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1313
Underdog

As if Cuban is making moves JUST to piss off Morey... Now who's living in a fantasy world?

If Rockets fans had anything real to talk about this offseason, they'd be doing it in their own forum.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-26-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #1314
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The trade kicker with the year-3 player option served at least three purposes:

1) It lessened the probability that Houston would match. This wasn't about Dallas screwing Houston, but about Dallas getting the guy they'd targeted and not getting stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel.

2) It would have limited Houston's ability to use Parsons in subsequent trades if the Rockets decided to match. Suffice it to say, if things played out this way, hamstringing Houston with a large, difficult-to-trade contract would be at least some payoff for the risk the Mavs were taking by locking themselves into the 3-day waiting period.

3) It gave Parsons as much reassurance as he could possibly hope to get that the "contending" team he was signing on to play with would be the only team he'd have to play with, and that regardless of whether he ended up in Houston or Dallas, he wouldn't end up getting shipped off to Minnesota.

In other words, there was more going on there than just pissing on Morey. It was also about giving Chandler what he wanted, and about balancing reward against risk for the Mavs, who were the only ones that were really putting their necks on the line by putting pen to paper.
Good analysis. The only thing I'd add is that it went along with the whole narrative that Cuban told Parsons about how he treated players like people and not like trade pieces. I don't necessarily think it's true that the Mavs are the great, shining heroes and Rockets are the evil empire treating everyone like assets and not people, but it was part of the pitch that Cuban made to lure the guy he wanted away. It had nothing to do with sticking it to Morey. The only thing that was done with any malice was the refusal to SnT, but that wasn't about Morey-- it was about not wanting to help a rival.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #1315
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
This wasn't about Dallas screwing Houston, but about Dallas getting the guy they'd targeted and not getting stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel.
You give yourself away here. If Houston had matched, there is no, no, no way in the world you'd have had characterized the Mavs as being left "scraping the bottom of the barrel."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #1316
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

They drew up the contract taking into account how morey does business so he would be less likely to match. It wasn't to "screw morey" who cares enough about morey to do anything.

In this case he had the ability to match the contract and so cubes dealt with that. Cubes would yak at morey but he wouldn't spend a bunch of money to "get" at him, that's ludicrous.

Quote:
I have no idea why Cuban would do that anyway. That only gives help to a divisional rival and Cuban gains nothing by doing it and loses nothing by not doing it. Washington, in a completely different conference is different. And Cuban and buddy Fegan drew up Parsons contract just to screw the Rockets (talking about the trade kicker). Parsons better perform because he is pretty overpaid. Going from a #3 option on a more efficient team to a #3 option on a less efficient team. Maybe he starts playing defense again. Ariza can produce like Parsons has with the Rockets at half the price. This article here is pretty telling:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/2...kets-mavericks

And don't take the Rockets trying to get Dirk too seriously. That was Morey just being an ass, especially last year after getting Howard after Cuban tried for a couple of years to get him. Then Cuban tries to get back with the Parsons contract. We will see who has the last laugh with that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #1317
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Good analysis. The only thing I'd add is that it went along with the whole narrative that Cuban told Parsons about how he treated players like people and not like trade pieces. I don't necessarily think it's true that the Mavs are the great, shining heroes and Rockets are the evil empire treating everyone like assets and not people, but it was part of the pitch that Cuban made to lure the guy he wanted away. It had nothing to do with sticking it to Morey. The only thing that was done with any malice was the refusal to SnT, but that wasn't about Morey-- it was about not wanting to help a rival.
Not to be a giant nerd here but... this entire post had me thinking of Dallas as the Republic and Houston as the Galactic Empire in Star Wars. It only makes sense.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #1318
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You give yourself away here. If Houston had matched, there is no, no, no way in the world you'd have had characterized the Mavs as being left "scraping the bottom of the barrel."
After aiming high and missing at TWO big names, and losing Parsons...Ariza certainly feels like a less than satisfactory consolation, no?

I for one, certainly would have been disappointed if we landed Ariza (and thats all) with our off season after having big bucks to offer. (And I said as much before all this went down.)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #1319
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Agreed, as it looked like we had Stephenson locked up if we failed on Parsons. That said, go back and reread what was being said on Friday after Lebron announced his decision - before Bosh announced his. Our fan base was pretty much split 50 50 on whether or not they believed Cuban's offer sheet to Parsons was a gigantic blunder that was failing yet another off season. I was one of the more vocal ones begging others to realize that it was all going to be ok. Sure, it was nerve racking watching Deng and others rumored to be signing elsewhere, but to me the only possible bad situation would happen if all our 3rd tier targets disappeared which seemed unlikely. As other have said, the contract to Parsons just made a world of sense on all levels. Financially we were in a position to overpay. The stipulations made sense for our team going forward while at the same time making it much more difficult for Houston to match. People who suggest its anything other than BUSINESS are reaching.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #1320
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Exactly. Those two things are extras that Morey greatly dislikes, which is why it was put in. We know Fegan and Cuban are buddies also. And you're wrong about Lin. He was traded to Los Angeles that Friday already, just after LeBron made his announcement. Of course, it wasn't finalized, but both teams had already agreed to the trade in principle. Bosh then went back to the Heat after they offered him the absolute mad later on that day. I never heard of Lin being traded to the Mavs. And Houston had a deal to trade Asik to New Orleans almost a week before.
There was a window where Lin was not traded and the details of any such trade were not finalized yet. Donnie even said they were waiting to send the signed offer sheet to Houston because they were in talks of a possible SnT. This waiting period took a few hours. That's the reason there was a two page debate here on these boards on whether or not we were willing to take Lin from you guys. This is not fabricated stuff... What other possible SnT could Dallas and the Rockets be working on? Just go back and reread if you don't believe me. Also Houston's deal with Asik to New Orleans was complicated by the salary cap coming in lower than projected. It added a layer of complexity on the New Orleans side. I don't think Houston would of been willing to let him come to Dallas, but I'm just saying nothing was actually final with New Orleans.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-26-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net