Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: spurs beat Mavs 3-2-2014

It saddens me to make my first ever PGT.

... Popovich and Nowitzki engaged in somewhat contentious banter during the game. When Nowitzki was whistled for fouling Parker on a drive, he yelled at official Derek Richardson as he left for a substitution, "Just because (Popovich's) yelling doesn't mean there's a foul."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489761

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 03-03-2014 at 05:56 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489761
The Spurs visibly frustrated Nowitzki, who continually yelled at officials. Popovich alternated Splitter, Diaw and Leonard defensively on Nowitzki, who shot 9 of 17.

"It was just to give him a different look," Popovich said of the rotations. "He's such a great player. Nobody stops him. At least giving him a different look makes me feel better like I'm trying, like I'm doing something."

Nowitzki also committed two early fouls.

"The first one was stupid," he said. "I saw the ball, kind of reach for it. By the time I reached for it, the ball was gone and I hit his arm. I missed my first two shots. I think I was a little anxious; I really wanted to play well. By the time I settled in in the second quarter, I was little too hyped up."

Carter is 18-for-35 from the 3-point line (51.4 percent) over his last five games.

Shawn Marion (5 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals in 28 minutes) had been on a hot streak for Dallas, going 28-for-46 (almost 61 percent) over his last five games before missing five of his first six shots Sunday (he finished 2-for-7).

UP NEXT: For the Mavericks, Wednesday @ Denver, Friday vs. Portland, Sunday vs. Indiana.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 03-03-2014 at 05:46 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs fans seem to have vanished from here. Even db.com's traffic has slowed way down. People just don't have faith in this team and rightfully so. If you can't beat the good teams, then it is pretty much all for not. Another summer where we get our hopes up I guess...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Mavs fans seem to have vanished from here. Even db.com's traffic has slowed way down. People just don't have faith in this team and rightfully so. If you can't beat the good teams, then it is pretty much all for not. Another summer where we get our hopes up I guess...
It is very easy to damage a brand, it is a lot harder to build it back up. The mavs spent three years purposefully damaging their brand and pretty much taking their customers for granted. That is going to be very difficult to overcome.....but winning (and sales) cures all.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk Alert: With 26,320 points, Dirk is 75 points from Havlicek/12th place on the All-Time Scoring List. At his current scoring pace, Dirk should overtake Hondo at home next week against Golden State (just before halftime).

He also still looks like a very safe bet to catch 11th-place Dominique Wilkins (26,668 pts), target date 6 April on the road in Sacramento.

And he still has a chance to dislodge 10th-place Oscar Robertson (26710), target 10 April at home versus the Spurs (probably in the first quarter, unless Pop triple-teams him just for the heck of it).

Dirk is averaging 21.5 for the season, but has slipped to 19.5 over the last 10 games. Fatigue? He has a couple of games of slack to catch Robertson (390 points back with 21 games to play), but he needs to find his groove and maintain it for the final stretch if he's gonna crack the Top 10 All-Time Scoring List this year.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 03-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Based on the posting traffic for the spurs game last night, you wouldve thought it was a tuesday night against the Bucks. It was weird to see so few posting against the spurs...And yeah, another offseason of getting hopes up.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I don't think I'll ever witness the Mavs beating the Spurs again in my lifetime... Oh well, hopefully my great grandchildren do
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It is very easy to damage a brand, it is a lot harder to build it back up. The mavs spent three years purposefully damaging their brand and pretty much taking their customers for granted. That is going to be very difficult to overcome.....but winning (and sales) cures all.
I wouldn't say they damaged the brand on purpose. Cuban just thought he was doing the smart thing, but was not able to convince the free agents he wanted to come to Dallas, rather than taking more money and staying put, in the cases of Deron and CP3, or going to Houston to team with a younger potential star. It was a gamble and our team lost. Mark failed to realize that the top 5 center he had was worth spending to keep. Put Chandler with this year's Mavs and that would be worth probably 5 more wins...just look how good they are on the nights Dalembert shows up ready to play.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well having a tough remaining schedule is no excuse. If we played Detroit and Milwaukee from here on out, then it still wouldn't make a difference in the playoffs against the Spurs or OKC. You're going to have to play one of those two teams eventually. And as of right now, we have no shot at beating either of them.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I wouldn't say they damaged the brand on purpose. Cuban just thought he was doing the smart thing, but was not able to convince the free agents he wanted to come to Dallas, rather than taking more money and staying put, in the cases of Deron and CP3, or going to Houston to team with a younger potential star. It was a gamble and our team lost. Mark failed to realize that the top 5 center he had was worth spending to keep. Put Chandler with this year's Mavs and that would be worth probably 5 more wins...just look how good they are on the nights Dalembert shows up ready to play.
the funny thing is Dirk is playing at a higher level than deron and his teammates.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That VC gif is pretty great.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote