Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #41
TruthbHeard

TruthbHeard is infamous around these parts

Jazz will win in 6, they hav far more athleticism and post players then Mavs, including a group of all-stars that are coached by Sloan who is a guru like Phil Jackson. Ak47 will take care to rim while on offense Deron williams(a true PG unlike what dallas has) will breakdown that dfense
TruthbHeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #42
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

The Jazz match up good with the Warriors. But I like both teams. I hate California teams though. So I am tempted to go wit Jazz. But may the best team win.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #43
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthbHeard
Jazz will win in 6, they hav far more athleticism and post players then Mavs, including a group of all-stars that are coached by Sloan who is a guru like Phil Jackson. Ak47 will take care to rim while on offense Deron williams(a true PG unlike what dallas has) will breakdown that dfense
Agree with most of what you said. But thats not why Williams will help the Jazz. He is strong and mite be able to slow Davis somewhat. If he proves not to be strong enough then this could be over quick. And Davis is a good defender, he can hold Williams. So best way for Jazz to win is for Williams to hold Davis, remains to be seen.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 05-07-2007 at 01:06 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #44
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

as much as it kills me to say, Golden State in 6
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #45
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dubs get swept!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #46
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can't make a prediction. Who knows what's going to happen with GS playing all loosey goosey, and some of the Jazz like AK 47 will just disappear on you sometimes.

And would GS getting swept really make any of you feel better? i think in a way that would make it worse.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #47
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

GS getting swept would make me feel better in some ways. But GS winning the championship would make me feel better in others.

Really, I don't care. If the Mavs aren't playing I could really give a damn who wins.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I do like about the Jazz, Is Mehmet Okur. The dude just makes me giggle. He looks like he was sitting his ass on a couch for about a month and never shaved or took a shower, and then got up to go play a basketball game.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #49
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
One thing I do like about the Jazz, Is Mehmet Okur. The dude just makes me giggle. He looks like he was sitting his ass on a couch for about a month and never shaved or took a shower, and then got up to go play a basketball game.

just genius.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #50
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Not a fan of Sloan. Can't stand GS. Unfortunately, one team must win. Oh well... go Jazz
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #51
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Who's watching tonight?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #52
Henry_VIII

Warriors are coming back to earth...

quickly
Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #53
Henry_VIII

okur for 3
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness. Now the Dubs are going to get something out of Harrington, too? Wow.

Nellie already forcing the play by sending Richardson in on Boozer. This is going to be fun to watch!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #55
Henry_VIII

Harrington coming alive ... 3/3 downtown
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #56
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Bad news for the Jazz, Harrington is on fire!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #57
Henry_VIII

Warriors have recovered nicely from their early deficit. Pretty impressive.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #58
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

milsap already with 3 fouls

Last edited by Darth Ape; 05-07-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #59
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

35-37 at then end of the first quarter? I'd say this pace favors the Warriors.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Boy, I reckon.

My favorite moment of the half? The commentator noting that the home crowd is not used to this style of ball and is really loving it.

True, true.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #61
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The Warriors are going to win this series, book it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #62
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
milsap already with 3 fouls
my stream is pretty delayed... i just saw the 3rd foul.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #63
Henry_VIII

I really didn't think the Warriors could continue their high level of play. I think I may have been wrong.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #64
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Man if the Jazz think this is the way to beat the Warriors.....
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #65
Henry_VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Boy, I reckon.

My favorite moment of the half? The commentator noting that the home crowd is not used to this style of ball and is really loving it.

True, true.

I liked the comment about how unlike Dirk, Boozer is used to seeing the double team.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

AK is so streaky though. I watched the whole Houston series, sometimes he shows up, sometimes he doesn't. He looks damned good tonight so far
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #67
Henry_VIII

AK going for the quadruple-double, at least according to the commentators

Last edited by Henry_VIII; 05-07-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #68
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

pounding the ball down low....gotta love it
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #69
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

As hard as it is to play in Utah, I don't think this crowd compares to what the Mavs dealt with (and the Jazz will soon deal with) in Oakland. If the Warriors win one of the games in Salt Lake, they should have no problem winning three at home and moving on to the WCF - and if GS does win this series, we'll have a hell of an interesting match-up on our hands, regardless of who wins the Suns-Spurs series.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #70
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
AK is so streaky though. I watched the whole Houston series, sometimes he shows up, sometimes he doesn't. He looks damned good tonight so far
He's played out of position all season... If he were back at the 4, we'd see the AK47 that was taking the league by storm.. but at the three, he's forced outside entirely too much offensively.. he's out of his element.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #71
Henry_VIII

GS just refuses to be put away
Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
As hard as it is to play in Utah, I don't think this crowd compares to what the Mavs dealt with (and the Jazz will soon deal with) in Oakland. If the Warriors win one of the games in Salt Lake, they should have no problem winning three at home and moving on to the WCF - and if GS does win this series, we'll have a hell of an interesting match-up on our hands, regardless of who wins the Suns-Spurs series.
Good point. I was thinking earlier of how out of hand this game would already be if it were at the Oracle. AK would already be crying!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #73
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Good point. I was thinking earlier of how out of hand this game would already be if it were at the Oracle. AK would already be crying!
Ouch, that's cold...

Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #74
Darth Ape
Banned

OK

I'm thinking sweep for the Warriors
Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

Utah will be lucky to push this thing to six.

I just bought a throwback "The City" t-shirt!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #76
Henry_VIII

Dear Utah,
You are cordially invited to attend the Mavs worst nightmare.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #77
Henry_VIII

I'm predicting a Baron 3 from beyond half-court to end the half. Just seems appropriate.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #78
Darth Ape
Banned

baron just said that the whole team has the flu? wow
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #79
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd stick my head in and see if the predictable was happening yet.

Yep.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wink

its 66-63....they're most of the way through the 3rd right?