Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The White House Press Secretary Baghdad Bob Thread

This dude deserves his own escape from reality thread.

Quote:
The White House lashed out at the Gallup Poll on Tuesday after the survey's daily tracking numbers showed President Obama's approval rating dropping to a new low of 47 percent.

Asked for a response to Monday's tracking poll, which placed Obama's approval numbers among the lowest of any recent president in December of his first year in office, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs mocked the reliability of the widely respected polling firm.

"I tell you, if I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said. "If you look back, I think five days ago, there was an 11-point spread, now there's a 1-point spread. I mean, I'm sure a 6-year-old with a crayon could do something not unlike that. I don't put a lot of stake in, never have, in the EKG that is the daily Gallup trend."

He added: "I don't pay a lot of attention to the meaninglessness of it."
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't believe his spin if I were you.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
This dude deserves his own escape from reality thread.
Gibbs is one classy dude. He really brings an air of respect to the office of the Presidency.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I don't pay a lot of attention to the meaninglessness of it.".
Does this mean he pays a lot of attention to the meaningfulness of it?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This would all be funny if it weren't so darn sad.

Of course what's sadder, the administration or the sheep who follow it?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Of course what's sadder, the administration or the sheep who follow it?
The same could be said about the last administration as well - don't pretend like you're any better...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The same could be said about the last administration as well - don't pretend like you're any better...
So what do you want...ANARCHY?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what do you want...ANARCHY?
How the hell did you draw that conclusion from my statement?

Maybe a Bible verse would be a little easier for you to understand?

"Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye." -Matthew 7:5

Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
How the hell did you draw that conclusion from my statement?

Maybe a Bible verse would be a little easier for you to understand?

"Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye." -Matthew 7:5
My apologies, I didn't realize I was addressing Mr. Holy and Blameless HIMSELF.

Perhaps you are better viewed as the Wolf who hunted down the sheep, you just can't figure out which sheep you like to chew on the most.

Why don't you go back to snortin the Coke that you so proudly like to show off?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Underdog

Quote:
My apologies, I didn't realize I was addressing Mr. Holy and Blameless HIMSELF.

Perhaps you are better viewed as the Wolf who hunted down the sheep, you just can't figure out which sheep you like to chew on the most.

Why don't you go back to snortin the Coke that you so proudly like to show off?
1) I never claimed to be blameless, although you certainly think your sh!t doesn't stink... You point your finger at half the country while never admitting that you're part of the problem too - obviously you don't posses the capacity to understand that Biblical quote...

2) How am I a wolf? I've gained NOTHING from our current political set-up... Obviously the wolf/sheep dichotomy is yet another concept that you're unable grasp...

3) I'm not the one who admitted to being a reformed coke-head, am I, James? I'm starting to think you've done some permanent damage to the cognitive regions of your brain...

Old 12-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
1) I never claimed to be blameless, although you certainly think your sh!t doesn't stink... You point your finger at half the country while never admitting that you're part of the problem too - obviously you don't posses the capacity to understand that Biblical quote...

2) How am I a wolf? I've gained NOTHING from our current political set-up... Obviously the wolf/sheep dichotomy is yet another concept that you're unable grasp...

3) I'm not the one who admitted to being a reformed coke-head, am I, James? I'm starting to think you've done some permanent damage to the cognitive regions of your brain...
What the heck is your issue...never mind...better off putting you back on the ignore list, just in time for the CHRISTmas season!!!

Your such a waste of space on this board, and you continue to get me to react...again, Ignore list you go...thanks, now I can get back to enjoying this board and life in general.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #12
Underdog

92bDad likes to bitch and moan about everything and everyone, but notice how he always tucks his tail and runs away the moment someone stands up to him (all bark, no bite...)

I wonder if he raised his kids the same way? (oops, real life doesn't have an IGNORE function - you just have to nut-up and be a man sometimes...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-09-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Recap:

Both Obama loyalists and Bush loyalists suck. This is an objective fact that Underdog points out.

92bDad fallaciously believes the two current major political parties offer the only two systems of government possible, and concludes anarchy is the only other way.

Underdog points out the ridiculous nature of this statement and reiterates that Bush supporters have no basis for looking down on Obama supporters.

Then 92bDad posts random nonsense. I cannot dignify it any more than this.

Underdog actually tries to address said nonsense, but it's a lost cause because we all know it will be met with more random nonsense.

Then 92bDad asks "What the heck is your issue..." as a blanket diversion to Underdog's bullet point rebuttals.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

UD made it off 92bdad's ignore list??

Oh wait, now you're back on it again. Way to screw that one up before lunch!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #15
92bDad
Platinum Member

Recap:

You have an administration that is tearing down the nation and the spokesperson who dismisses numbers that had they been positive he would be celebrating the numbers.

This is the representative of the highest office in the land...

92B - finds this amusing...then sad when realizing that so many sheep would follow this poor line of thinking.

UD - deflects criticism of the new administration by living in the past and focusing on the previous administration. Notice that he never actually pointed out his thoughts about the actual subject...rather now, he hijacks the thread to make it about himself.

92B - points out the idiocy of UD's view by placing a crazy retort to his own crazy distraction

UD - is confused and turns to quoting scripture...typical tactic taken by someone who has alot of "Guilt Issues" - but hey, this is UD doing what he can to make this thread revolve around him.

92B - replies with an equally idiotic statement in an effort to stoop down to UD's level

UD - try's to back track and then makes a statement about recovering coke-head... by the way, I still don't understand why UD equates Coke to 92B...this subject from day 1 was brought up by UD, using self-portraits of him doing coke lines...yet he tries to cast this image onto others...dude, you've got some serious issues...for the record, I've gone through recovery, but it was not for drugs/alcohol...just simply, I've gone through addiction recovery and have an understanding of what addicts go through. UD, you are a classic case of someone who lives in denial and has some serious addictive issues...but hey, that's probably for some other thread.

92B - realizes that this is getting nowhere and that UD is goading 92B into a senseless debate, thus 92B puts UD on the ignore list so that we can move on from this discussion...

Dirkadirkastan - pipes in to try and keep things going, only showing his own insanity...hey misery loves company, so go sleep with UD, I'm sure the two of you could make some incredible mutants.

92B - bows out of the debate...prays for you so miserable few and prays for our nation and this administration.

Peace with you all and Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Underdog

92bDad seems to have confused himself and Underdog...

(usually crazy people think they're Jesus, so I'll take it as a compliment...)

Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Recap:

You have an administration that is tearing down the nation and the spokesperson who dismisses numbers that had they been positive he would be celebrating the numbers.

This is the representative of the highest office in the land...

92B - finds this amusing...then sad when realizing that so many sheep would follow this poor line of thinking.

UD - deflects criticism of the new administration by living in the past and focusing on the previous administration. Notice that he never actually pointed out his thoughts about the actual subject...rather now, he hijacks the thread to make it about himself.
As I recall, Underdog has indeed stated in the past what he thinks of all this. Both administrations love war and bailouts, so naturally he hates both administrations. You love one and hate the other, which makes your line of thinking exactly that of the sheep you're complaining about. It's hypocritical and nonsensical favoritism.

Of course, I'm only bring this up to keep the discussion going and to bring attention to myself; it's not a logical point that needs to be confronted at all.

Quote:
UD - try's to back track and then makes a statement about recovering coke-head... by the way, I still don't understand why UD equates Coke to 92B...this subject from day 1 was brought up by UD, using self-portraits of him doing coke lines...
He didn't bring it up here. You did.

Quote:
92B - bows out of the debate...prays for you so miserable few and prays for our nation and this administration.
Nice going with the religious arrogance. Go with the (unfounded and) condescending "miserable few" line, then back it up with the holier-than-thou "but I'm a righteous praying man" crap.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Underdog actually tries to address said nonsense, but it's a lost cause because we all know it will be met with more random nonsense.
Oh well, looks like I fell for it too. One thing 92bDad is good at is baiting you on with his nonsense. I think he appeals to our faith in humanity. I find myself thinking "No one can be THAT irrational, can they?" and there I go, trying to rationally disassemble his crude ways of thinking.

I'm going to go on a limb here and surmise that 92bDad only skims posts from the opposition for about three seconds, then fills in the gaps with liberal stereotypes.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 12-09-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #19
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh well, looks like I fell for it too. One thing 92bDad is good at is baiting you on with his nonsense. I think he appeals to our faith in humanity. I find myself thinking "No one can be THAT irrational, can they?" and there I go, trying to rationally disassemble his crude ways of thinking.

I'm going to go on a limb here and surmise that 92bDad only skims posts from the opposition for about three seconds, then fills in the gaps with liberal stereotypes.
Sorry, but I'm not falling for your baiting trap...again.

Why are you stooping to UD's level...why do you insist on hijacking this thread...oh wait, are you just living in the original denial of the Obama administration?

Let's go back to the polls and the lowest approval rating in December of the first year of a sitting President at 47%

Actually the polls don't mean squat, but it is pretty funny to see the administration discount the polls when things are down, yet celebrate them while things are up.

That is what this thread was originally about, before UD and then Dirkadirkastan decided to hijack it.

Let's see if these two sheep can actually stay on topic???
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

The very fact you associate us with the "sheep" in your post proves you didn't read anything I said.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm not falling for your baiting trap...again.

Why are you stooping to UD's level...why do you insist on hijacking this thread...oh wait, are you just living in the original denial of the Obama administration?

Let's go back to the polls and the lowest approval rating in December of the first year of a sitting President at 47%

Actually the polls don't mean squat, but it is pretty funny to see the administration discount the polls when things are down, yet celebrate them while things are up.

That is what this thread was originally about, before UD and then Dirkadirkastan decided to hijack it.

Let's see if these two sheep can actually stay on topic???

Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
The very fact you associate us with the "sheep" in your post proves you didn't read anything I said.
The fact that you have yet to comment on the topic of the thread, but rather choose to follow UD proves that you are nothing more than a sheep.

Heck, maybe that's not a bad thing...after all, I love firing up the grill and throwing some lamb on the fire...should I invite you over for dinner, just in case we run out of meat?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

You're too slow to catch me, fatass.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #24
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What did the rabbit-trail discussion about sheep have to do with Gibbs (the actual topic of this thread)?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
What did the rabbit-trail discussion about sheep have to do with Gibbs (the actual topic of this thread)?
Gibbs bangs sheep. Duh!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
What did the comment that 92bDad made about the people who follow this administration being sheep have to do with the discussion?

If my reaction to his comment is off-topic, then surely his comment was off-topic too? (or is it okay because you agree with him?)

I don't understand why you're calling out my post instead of his - he's the one who brought it up, and he brings it up in EVERY political thread... Don't get your panties in a bunch just because I picked this thread to punch him in the mouth - it's not like there was much of a discussion going on here anyway...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of pollsters comment on Baghdad Bob

Quote:
Charles Franklin of Pollster.com responds to Robert Gibbs’s outburst:
Gibbs’ “EKG” analogy for President Obama’s approval level is typical rhetoric of any administration in trouble with the public. First imply the polls are “all over the place” and then assert that the president doesn’t govern based on polls. Dems and Reps alike reach a point in their approval ratings when they trot out these chestnuts. Sadly, both assertions are false and administrations that truly ignore public opinion are in more trouble than they know.
And another pollster explains:
I would have to heartily disagree with Gibbs’ comments — the reality is I have that situation all the time when I bring clients bad news. When I bring my clients good news they always tell me how smart I am and when I bring them bad news they tell me that I’m stupid and no better than a 6-year-old with a box of crayons.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
A couple of pollsters comment on Baghdad Bob
Typical politicians - they love polls that paint them in a positive light and denounce the entire notion of polling when they're being painted negatively...

I think Bannon hit the nail on the head in that second link you posted, especially this bit:

Quote:
If I was advising Obama I would urge him not to dismiss polls and recognize the fact that Americans are in a foul mood, mostly about the economy..............And I think part of the problem has been if you look at any of the polls, they ask what is the biggest issue facing the country and in just about any poll I have seen in last year the answer from Americans has been the economy or jobs, but most in Washington, D.C. are talking about healthcare and Afghanistan and that is a disconnect that causes the president and congress problems.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: major typo
Old 12-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

its true... admins sound stupid when they try to make the polls sound stupid or biased (however it is ALSO true that some in this thread had no problem reversing the logic about 1 and 1/2 years ago... but no matter)

but the real issue is the polls. They look about the same as Reagan's polls did when HE took over in the middle of a big slump.

Unfortunately for Obama, his recession wasn't manufactured by the fed, and so he doesn't have the luxury of knowing that the economy will shoot back up as soon as the Fed turns the spickot back on... the fed already shot its wad stopping the world from imploding, the only direction the fed can go now is tighter (the question is WHEN)

As always, Obama's numbers will recover when the economy's numbers do... too bad for him that THAT looks to be a sluggish slog.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #30
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
What did the comment that 92bDad made about the people who follow this administration being sheep have to do with the discussion?

If my reaction to his comment is off-topic, then surely his comment was off-topic too? (or is it okay because you agree with him?)

I don't understand why you're calling out my post instead of his - he's the one who brought it up, and he brings it up in EVERY political thread...
You sound an awful lot like a 5 year old on the playground crying, "He started it!"

The reason I picked your post to reply to is simple - it was the shortest. My comment was directed toward both of you, so apply the "panties" advice to yourself.

Also, if you think it's impressive that you can pick on 92bDad and "punch him in the mouth", well...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
You sound an awful lot like a 5 year old on the playground crying, "He started it!"

The reason I picked your post to reply to is simple - it was the shortest. My comment was directed toward both of you, so apply the "panties" advice to yourself.

Also, if you think it's impressive that you can pick on 92bDad and "punch him in the mouth", well...
Nice contribution to the thread!

Welcome to my level...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Talking

Quote:
Nice contribution to the thread!

Welcome to my level...
I could only aspire to your level of greatness. How many people can go around "punching people in the mouth" on a message board? It's a miracle of metaphysics.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Obviously the administration of our radical left-wing inexperienced community organizer has more than one Baghdad Bob.

Quote:
Via USA Today, White House spokesman Dan Pfeiffer has denied that the administration is pressuring Senate Democrats to forge a deal with Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) on health care reform, as Politico reported earlier today.
“The report is inaccurate,” he said in an email. “The White House is not pushing Sen. Reid in any direction. We are working hand in hand with the Senate leadership to work through the various issues and pass health reform as soon as possible.”

Old 12-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

This thread title needs changing, there are way too many liberal baghdad bobs around to limit it to just the press secretary. When the say "green jobs" grab your wallet.

Quote:
Copenhagen, December 17—“It’s all about the jobs,” declared U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her remarks at the Copenhagen climate change conference today. To hear Pelosi talk, saving the planet from climate doom is incidental to making sure Americans are employed making windmills, solar panels, electric cars, and weatherizing houses. Speaker Pelosi is heading up a 20-person congressional delegation here in Denmark, including such luminaries as Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), and Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.). The monikers of the latter two solons—Waxman-Markey—are shorthand for the American Clean Energy and Security Act cap-and-trade bill that passed the House last June. The bill would require the U.S. to cut its emissions of carbon dioxide by 17 percent below 2005 levels by 2020.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

And more zealots masquerading as someone who isn't brainless.

Quote:
Joining in the jobs theme, Rep. Markey also declared that the Waxman-Markey bill “is something that is going to create a technological revolution.” At his press conference the day before, Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), who is a co-sponsor of an energy and climate change bill in the Senate, similarly asserted, “Our bill is essentially a jobs bill.” Markey predicted that the scale of the changes sparked by congressional climate change legislation would exceed the telecommunications and Internet booms of the 1990s. So will new climate change policy spark a clean energy revolution?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Barry is taking a turn here. Yea...right....

Quote:
"In the long run we can't continue to spend as if deficits don't have consequences, as if waste doesn't matter, as if the hard earned tax dollars of the American people can be treated like monopoly money, that's what we've seen time and time again, Washington has become more concerned about the next election than the next generation."
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #37
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Barry is taking a turn here. Yea...right....
Don't worry. The inflation will lower the deficit numbers.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #38
dude1394
Guru

You've got to add the entire MSM to this list. Good grief, they are certainly in the tank for their boy.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/pol...missed?slide=8
Old 12-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #39
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"In the long run we can't continue to spend as if deficits don't have consequences, as if waste doesn't matter, as if the hard earned tax dollars of the American people can be treated like monopoly money...."
What sort of mind-set needs to preface this statement with "in the long run" as if this sort of deficit spending and waste is quite acceptable "in the short run"?

In politico speak, "in the long run" means "for the next administration".
Old 12-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #40
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
What sort of mind-set needs to preface this statement with "in the long run" as if this sort of deficit spending and waste is quite acceptable "in the short run"?

In politico speak, "in the long run" means "for the next administration".
A commanding majority in Congress and a President with gobs of political capital, domestic and foreign is Mayfly ephemeral in the current flash flood of an information shower most of us have access to. In this case it may mean midterm elections.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6yr old lecturing 5yr old, got a bit flufy in here, tag wasting, this thread is a beating