Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-23-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Grizzlies @ Mavs GDT 12/23/2008 7:30pm CST

Alright boys, got ourselves a cupcake here... let's just take care of business against a team we're supposed to beat... and hopefully we'll get 1 win out of @ Portland @ Utah.

LETS GO MAVS.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lets go, its a home game!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Start it off with a JinX...Great.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 23, 2008
Memphis @ Dallas--B.Salvatore; T. Brown; O. Poole

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 23, 2008
Memphis @ Dallas--B.Salvatore
Oh god, F me.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Game Link
Old 12-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
Good quality link...thanks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
Dallas2009CHAMPS

Dallas2009CHAMPS will become famous soon enough

WIN
Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas2009CHAMPS View Post
WIN
You will have the best name in D-M history if this comes true.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
Dallas2009CHAMPS

I cant wait until june when the Mavs win the CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I cant wait until june when the Mavs win the CHAMPIONSHIP
LOL, June 2013-ish?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!

Dirk for real goes for his number tonight. JJB eats OJ Mayo's lunch. Mavs win big.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
Dallas2009CHAMPS

This coming June, you can count June 2013 in there along with June 2010 - 2011 - 2012

Thats 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS. After that Dirk may be past his prime so I guess we wont be winning Championships for a short while. Like one season maybe..
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
This coming June, you can count June 2013 in there along with June 2010 - 2011 - 2012

Thats 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS. After that Dirk may be past his prime so I guess we wont be winning Championships for a short while. Like one season maybe..

Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Dallas2009CHAMPS

People keeps on complaining about this team possibly not making the playoffs or this team not having enough inside presence or this team lacking a shooting guard or this team being soft or this team being MEDIOCRE and this team being OLD.

People keeps on complaining about how RC coaches, how JHO is so inefficient and stupid (agreed with stupid part), how the bench is not producing, how Gerald Green is a disappointment or others complaining about him not having enough playing time, how Diop and Bass may have loss a step or two, how small JJ Barrea is, how the FO blew it with the Kidd trade and how dirk is losing it even.

People complains so much because this team has a bumpy start. How much they sucks and how much they cant beat GREAT teams.

Well My answer to that is FAITH. I believe this team is capable of winning a CHAMPIONSHIP now, yes now. Maybe a trade or two will make this team better but i have no doubt in my mind that come february this team will be rolling and it is all GOOD times from there. I have faith not only on Dirk or Kidd or JHO but this whole franchise.

The Mavs is going to win it all...

And the Kidd trade doesnt suck. Devin Harris' maybe great right now and racking up mindblowing stats.
But in the end Kidd will be having the ring/s
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
People keeps on complaining about this team possibly not making the playoffs or this team not having enough inside presence or this team lacking a shooting guard or this team being soft or this team being MEDIOCRE and this team being OLD.

People keeps on complaining about how RC coaches, how JHO is so inefficient and stupid (agreed with stupid part), how the bench is not producing, how Gerald Green is a disappointment or others complaining about him not having enough playing time, how Diop and Bass may have loss a step or two, how small JJ Barrea is, how the FO blew it with the Kidd trade and how dirk is losing it even.

People complains so much because this team has a bumpy start. How much they sucks and how much they cant beat GREAT teams.

Well My answer to that is FAITH. I believe this team is capable of winning a CHAMPIONSHIP now, yes now. Maybe a trade or two will make this team better but i have no doubt in my mind that come february this team will be rolling and it is all GOOD times from there. I have faith not only on Dirk or Kidd or JHO but this whole franchise.

The Mavs is going to win it all...

And the Kidd trade doesnt suck. Devin Harris' maybe great right now and racking up mindblowing stats.
But in the end Kidd will be having the ring/s

Haha wow.

I was talking to Derek Harper this morning at the gym and asked him if he thought the Mavs were going to make a move. He said they need to do something but the west is so tough they won't do anything if they even make it in to the playoffs. He also mentioned that the Devin Harris trade was pretty stupid (similar to letting Nash go), trading away quickness and youth like that. Not taking away from Kidd but that Harris' quickness can't really be defended.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Haha wow.

I was talking to Derek Harper this morning at the gym and asked him if he thought the Mavs were going to make a move. He said they need to do something but the west is so tough they won't do anything if they even make it in to the playoffs. He also mentioned that the Devin Harris trade was pretty stupid (similar to letting Nash go), trading away quickness and youth like that. Not taking away from Kidd but that Harris' quickness can't really be defended.

Last edited by Re-Dirk-ulous; 12-23-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Should be an easy win. Hopefully we don't play down to their level.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #19
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

I appreciate you guys' optimism... But is there really such a thing as an easy win for the Mavericks this year? I mean in the past month we've played extremely close games against the Clips, Bobcats, and Thunder, and we were tied with the 4-21 Wizards entering the 4th quarter of our last game.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #20
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Really like this Grizzlies team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ended up at .500 at the end of the season and ended up beating the Mamricks tonight.
They are very young. If only we could switch out our starting 1,2,3 for theirs; Mike Conley (21), Rudy Gay (22) and OJ Mayo (21).
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Not much at stake

Link

For the others

Link

Last edited by GermanDunk; 12-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #22
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Not much at stake

Link

For the others

Link
Thanks mate

Edit: Somehow I like your sig

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-23-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #23
Janski

Janski is on a distinguished road

http://albaaa.altervista.org/watch.php?id=107

other link

Deiner laggt nur n bissl GermanDunk
Janski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janski View Post
http://albaaa.altervista.org/watch.php?id=107

other link

Deiner laggt nur n bissl GermanDunk
For me it's fine

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #25
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

20 boards in one quarter...that's sick

Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #26
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

sorry to be a freeloader, but does anyone have another link? this seems to be going haywire. thx for all the help with links over this season. HUGE for me, and i really appreciate it. happy holidays

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #27
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Another Link
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #28
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

JHo finally got a rebound.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #29
Dim499
Platinum Member

The ball was unbound and then he rebounded it.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #30
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

JHo has a really quick trigger. I hope he would play some team ball as the game goes on
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #31
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Kidd to Singleton for the dunk. Nice to see.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #32
horse900703
Diamond Member

not looking good tonight!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #33
Dim499
Platinum Member

Darko is so lifedrainingly bad, how could Joe Dumars be duped like that.

Last edited by Dim499; 12-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
vRookie

Nice finish by JHo
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #35
vRookie

Where is everyone tonight?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk 0-6? Howard 4-12? And we're winning?

Oh, it's memphis..
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I like about the Rick-led Mavericks. He seems to have, deserved and unyielding, confidence in Dirk and we don't go away from him even if he's missed 7 in a row.

That will get Dirk out of a funk much faster than going away from him completely.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #38
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

OMG DIOP!!

HE ONLY MADE THE NBA CAZ HES TALL AND CHUBBY
THEY SHOULD DO THE HACK A DIOP
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #39
vRookie

Diop should be shooting like 1000 practice free throws every day
Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #40
vRookie

Where is the J tonight Dirk?