Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

What do you guys think would be the best thing for him right now? D-league? Or the practices, and Kidd's presence is more valuable to him? I'm a little worried, because i don't remember the last time we had a project like him? Maybe Devin, but i think Roddy has more potential. He's just as fast and quick, he has a better vertical, an unreal wingspan, a much better shooter, and i also think he has better hand-eye coordination and court vision as well. Just really a great, great prospect. So what do we do with him?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
What do you guys think would be the best thing for him right now? D-league? Or the practices, and Kidd's presence is more valuable to him? I'm a little worried, because i don't remember the last time we had a project like him? Maybe Devin, but i think Roddy has more potential. He's just as fast and quick, he has a better vertical, an unreal wingspan, a much better shooter, and i also think he has better hand-eye coordination and court vision as well. Just really a great, great prospect. So what do we do with him?
D-League would be a huge plus for Roddy. I look back and see what it did for JJ Berea, who played sparingly with the Mavs, went to D-League, dominated that league and then came back and continued to improve his game, by also actually contributing to the team.

Personally, I do believe there is some help and development had by sitting the bench and absorbing from watching others play, but it is secondary to actually getting minutes on the court. D-League would be the best solution for Roddy at this time.

Perhaps he goes to the D-League for a few weeks or a couple of months...bring em back to the Mavs in Feb/Mar time frame and see if he can be a bit role player off the end of the bench. See if he developes enough in D-League to get 5-10 minutes of action at the NBA level as they go down the stretch drive...spelling a break for Kidd and Terry, without hurting the club.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid