Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Vince wants out of Toronto

Thursday, July 1, 2004

ESPN.com news services
Vince Carter apparently has asked the Toronto Raptors to trade him, ESPN's David Aldridge reported Thursday.

According to a league source, Carter is not happy with the recent appointment of Rob Babcock as the team's new general manager nor with the team's selection of Rafael Arajuo with the No. 8 pick in last month's NBA draft.

"He wants out desperately," the source said. "He doesn't like the direction of the team."

While the source told Aldridge that Carter presented four to six different trade proposals to the Raptors, the team has not granted Carter permission to seek a trade and Babcock said that the team has no plans to trade Carter.

"He's a marquee player, and he puts fans in the seats," Babcock said. "The only way we trade him is if we get something similar back."

If Carter indeed is on the market, he would join standouts such as the Lakers' Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal, Seattle's Ray Allen and Boston's Paul Pierce as stars who could be switching teams this summer. League scoring champion Tracy McGrady already was dealt to Houston by Orlando in a seven-player deal earlier this week.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE:Vince wants out of Toronto

Who could be as popular as Vince????....possibly Finley??
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Vince wants out of Toronto

Nash could have been.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:55 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vince wants out of Toronto

This is the year of the whiny baby.

Whatever happened to shutting up? I sometimes forget to apply my judgement to Shaq as well, but they are all crybabies.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote