Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: would you trade josh howard for tracy mcgrady?
yes. 73 48.67%
no. 77 51.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #41
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

T-Mac, Francid and Landry for Stackhouse, Ager and Terry.

Ouch, that's a tough one because Stack and Terry are obviously valuable to what we're doing in Dallas and are high character guys, but the thought of T-Mac (when healthy) Dirk and Howard playing together is very enticing.

Possible lineup:

Damp / Diop
Dirk / Bass / Juwan Howard
Howard / George
T-Mac / Jones
Harris / Francis / JJB

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #42
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

no.. that trade happens in second. but forget about mcgrady for howard. No.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If we didn't have Dirk, yes I would do this... Since we DO have Dirk, no I wouldn't.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #44
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

here's an interesting fact that many people don't know: tracy mcgrady is less than a year older than josh howard.

people seem to forget that josh howard was a 4-year player at wake forest. he has blossomed a lot later than tmac so he's commonly mistaken for being younger than he really is.

Last edited by antoinewalker; 01-10-2008 at 05:03 PM.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #45
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

age is irrelevant in this situation because one player misses a lot of games and one does not
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #46
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Rockets fan wants to trade T-mac~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #47
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

how is this thread still active?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #48
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
how is this thread still active?
why wouldn't it be?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #49
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I would have to do it...I love Howard but Man T Mac healthy has an overall game thats hard to match and knowing tht he would be close to a title by coming here would motivate him.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #50
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
Rockets fan wants to trade T-mac~~
Says your location is "VA", as in VA Hospital?
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #51
Robillion
Golden Member

VA could quite possibly be the acronym for Virginia.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-10-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #52
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Wow. Looks like the Rockets may be wishing they could get Rudy Gay back. That trade is starting to come back to bite them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #53
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereaper
Says your location is "VA", as in VA Hospital?
that~~~~

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-22-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #54
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #55
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

T-Mac is injury prone, "old" and no playoff guy.

I´d trade Terry, Stack and two first rounders for him though (works under the cap, gives immediate cap relief for Houston and could work fine with their roster).

Actually, give our current depth, you could also think about adding Brandon Bass - I really like that guy, but he might draw some interest, so why not cashing in the 2nd round find.

Last edited by seelenjaeger; 01-13-2008 at 08:37 AM.
seelenjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #56
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

No trade for patients and losers...
Old 01-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #57
Robillion
Golden Member

I asked earlier why this thread was still active because 1) Tracy McGrady is not going to be traded and 2) We should NOT even consider trading Howard unless we got more than McGrady and THAT would not happen 3)Any combo of other players we have wouldnt cut it. Soooo .. whats the point? .. we dont need any divas, too many teams are being brought down by divas, and we dont need to be one of them.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #58
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
I asked earlier why this thread was still active because 1) Tracy McGrady is not going to be traded and 2) We should NOT even consider trading Howard unless we got more than McGrady and THAT would not happen 3)Any combo of other players we have wouldnt cut it. Soooo .. whats the point? .. we dont need any divas, too many teams are being brought down by divas, and we dont need to be one of them.
if you read my original post, i stated that this was not a trade i was seriously proposing. it was merely a thought that came up between me and a few friends so i wanted to see how everyone else felt about it.

your 2nd and 3rd reasons aren't legit reasons. basically you said this thread should not be active because dallas should not trade josh howard for tracy mcgrady. lol, if that's how you feel, then just say that and vote in the poll. don't say "no, i don't think we should trade josh howard for tracy mcgrady so this thread should not still be alive." that makes no sense.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #59
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

antoine speaks the truth.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #60
Robillion
Golden Member

ok.. carry on with a bad pipe dream. Ill stop letting it annoy me. .. i mean yeah it was definitely worth mentioning at first. And even some thought put to it. but Im just surprised it keeps being discussed as all i meant..

If McGrady could be in Dallas in any other way than giving up Harris/Howard/Dirk... then Id be all for it though. But we might as well make a thread about lebron, dwight howard, and paul pierce and figure out what combo of players works on Real gm and make a thread about it. A deal other than howard in it and/or Harris in it would not happen. I do not believe.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-13-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #61
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

it's a discussion board, the antoine walker merely started a thread in hopes of a good discussion. why are you annoyed?

Contact Me
Old 01-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #62
Robillion
Golden Member

c'mon now im not annoyed at all at antoinewalker making the thread. Just that people keep replying back all serious with high hopes apple pie in the sky scenarios for someone that would not really be good for us. One of the biggest problems that people say about the Mavericks is their tuffness.. so lets trade away our toughest player for one of the softest players in the league that is not even available, ok. Its fun to hypothesize and throw together trade scenarios for players that would be good for us. But when they arent, and people talk about trading away pretty much someone that should be untouchable on the team. Thats when it can be kinda annoying I guess you can say. If we trade away Howard.. what we get in return should be almost completely unfair for the other team. Until then we should keep him around.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-13-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #63
alby
Guru

What I've read is that most people wouldn't give up Howard for Tracy.

Contact Me
Old 01-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #64
Robillion
Golden Member

yeah after review again of the thread the majority are against a howard-mcgrady trade, as they should be. hence why this thread is just going to be a repeat discussion over and over. Thats why i said it originally. but if Tracy McGrady was in fact available.. the Rockets were in fact shopping him, and he was in fact miserable in Houston and said he would love in dallas. Then yeah lets give them the vorn horn contract and call it even. .. hehe
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #65
Mickey

Mickey is on a distinguished road

Howard´s body is much younger. Even if McGrady has the same age, his body is much older and beaten.

No way. But i would trade Stack and 3 magic beans for him.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #66
guntfighter

guntfighter is infamous around these parts

This thread is retarded and antoine walker is the biggest spare in the league. I would do the Stackhouse/Ager/Terry deal though.
guntfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #67
antoinewalker
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntfighter
This thread is retarded and antoine walker is the biggest spare in the league. I would do the Stackhouse/Ager/Terry deal though.
the thought that the rockets would accept that trade is retarded.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #68
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

agreed. no one wants to receive stackhouse as the primary part of a trade give me a break
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #69
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me770706
agreed. no one wants to receive stackhouse as the primary part of a trade give me a break

So, instead of Stackhouse/Ager/Terry would you do Terry/Ager/Stackhouse?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #70
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

the rockets aren't idiots.

they arent going to take howard straight up for tmac and they the thought that they would even entertain a crackhouse/terry trade is downright laughable.

im amazed by the constant overrating of howard. he's blossomed as a nice player in the league, but i and almost any other non mavericks fan out there would pull the trigger on tmac being a better player than howard.

the funniest part of this thread has been the person who wants the thread to die is the one who keeps bumping it. am i being levelled here or what? am i being rick rolled?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #71
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Talent isn't the question it's durability... and it's pretty clear Tmac doesn't have that going for him.

And once again you can't underestimate how important it is that he has not been able to win a playoff series... he's had some GREAT opportunities to do so. In fact, this year was supposed to be his best chance yet! But wait, his team isn't even in the playoff picture as of today!

If the Rockets were smart they would look for a trade with Tmac involved, but if that meant giving up Josh here? They should keep looking.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #72
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to believe TMaq is just 11 months older than Josh, or that he missed only 6 fewer games in the last 3 seasons.

T_maq sometimes moves like he's 35. It's been a while since the Mavs faced him when he was effective. I would be really surprised if he ever again played like he did against the Mavs in he playoffs.

Howard, on the other hand, may never play that well either, but he looks like a guy with 10 years left. If TMaq announced tomorrow he has to retire, would would really be surprised?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #73
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I'd make that trade before the words could come out of Houston's mouth. A guy who requires double teams on a constant basis. A guy who can slash, paired with a speedy slasher/passer like Harris, it would be a match made in heaven.

Imagine Harris and McGrady coming straight at you with Nowitzki spotting up, or Terry spotting up, OMG.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #74
antoinewalker
Golden Member

lately, it seems like a lot of people have now turned their back on josh howard so i'm curious to see if anyone who voted "no" wants to change their mind. i know i'm digging up an old thread so if that is frowned upon, i apologize in advance.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #75
Robillion
Golden Member

Id change my mind now.. when this thread was made, Josh was putting up career numbers.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #76
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Josh is about the most frustrating player on the Mavs to me. With all of the hype he gets (especially locally) about being such a great defender, he seems to get beaten off of the dribble and lit up by just about every average scorer in the league... not to mention he is a serious black hole on offense. I don't think I'd want McGrady's stink in town right now, but I'd definitely consider something along the lines of Howard for... well, a good defender that doesn't shoot it every time he touches it.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I voted yes.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #78
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Josh has to settle into the new look Mavs offense that actually passes the ball and plays as a team.
He has to be successful for the Mavs to play at a playoff competitive level. He has the skill set. He needs a coach to help him through this.
Trading him would be incredibly stupid in my opinion. Of course, if a Kidd deal comes along, then anything is possible. I didn't want to lose Devin but having Kidd just rocks. So, anything is possible.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #79
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

he plays max 50% of the games. think of that if u were avery or fellow mav. great player, but 1/2 the games?
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #80
horse900703
Diamond Member

After Lakers game, I say "YES"............