Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
One nice thing about this..we will know tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest if it's going to happen or not. Whereas we have to wait another 9 gays for the Gortat thing to be official.

So let's assume this goes through, Gortat is here, Kidd signs, and the plan is to roll with Marion/Josh as your 2/3. Assume some sort of filler is sent in the trade, but not Wright.

What do you want from the LLE?
If Marion comes I really don't see a place for Bass, but I want to keep Singleton. Hopefully that doesn't require the LLE.

I'm fine with Josh/Marion as the starting 2/3, and a defensive option like Ross is a nice guy to have on the bench. It'd sure be nice if there was a way to get Parker and Marion in the prospective S&T. I think I'd want to save the LLE for next year in that case.

Assuming no Parker and Singleton doesn't cost the LLE, I still think a SG with good size and an offensive game would be nice to have. That brings me back to Wafer.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
If Marion comes I really don't see a place for Bass, but I want to keep Singleton. Hopefully that doesn't require the LLE.

I'm fine with Josh/Marion as the starting 2/3, and a defensive option like Ross is a nice guy to have on the bench. It'd sure be nice if there was a way to get Parker and Marion in the prospective S&T. I think I'd want to save the LLE for next year in that case.

Assuming no Parker and Singleton doesn't cost the LLE, I still think a SG with good size and an offensive game would be nice to have. That brings me back to Wafer.
I'm no CBA expert, but if I'm not mistaken, we have Early Bird Rights for Singleton and wouldn't have to use the LLE. There's a decent chance I have no idea what I'm saying.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think Singleton will be an issue to retain, I think Hollins should be ok too.

Any interest in Barnes? SF backup, has some range and can still D up a bit.

I think minutes might be hard to come by because you have shift Josh to SG and most of those minutes will be up with Josh and Jet. Ross is good insurance for defense and etc. I think there will be available minutes because I have a feeling Wright is getting dealt.

LLE is not available year to year, correct? So if we didn't use it, then we'd still have it next year, but if we use it, it's gone til 2011...that's what you're saying?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-06-2009 at 11:00 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

96 minutes at the 2/3 position.

Say Marion plays 25 minutes at SF (10 at PF).

Josh plays 35 minutes, all at SF/SG.

Jet plays 30ish minutes at SG.

Where do minutes for a backup SG come from?

I honestly think I'd hang onto the LLE given what we know of the roster right now (assuming the trade goes through).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
96 minutes at the 2/3 position.

Say Marion plays 25 minutes at SF (10 at PF).

Josh plays 35 minutes, all at SF/SG.

Jet plays 30ish minutes at SG.

Where do minutes for a backup SG come from?

I honestly think I'd hang onto the LLE given what we know of the roster right now (assuming the trade goes through).
Parker and Jet can play a little together

edit: But for how long? Doubt they package Parker with him anyways. No to SG off bench, BTW I am of impression if need be Barnes can play a few minutes at the 4 as well as the 2

Last edited by mavs777; 07-06-2009 at 11:06 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Wright sticks, I can definitely see that as perhaps the best choice. It could always be used later if somebody more compelling comes along.

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays