Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Evilmav's Old Skool Jersey/6000th Post/Mav's Merchandise Picture Thread

Hey there, y'all, I'm posting this rather strange thread, because I just figured that any 'multiple-of-thousand' post should ideally serve as kind of a mile-stone, so with that in mind, I figured I might as well make this post about something near and dear to my heart; Namely, this post is my Old School Mav's Jersey thread!

Now I've really only been collecting these things for the last few months, and I'm sure (and I'd hope) that some other posters on this fine forum might possess better or comparable collections of game worn or authentic Mavs merchandise, so I'm starting this thread to document such said collections. That said, here are my pride and joys, and if any of y'all have other Mavs stuff (and I know my old buddy the Ape has some old stuff), it would be great to see you post pics of it here, to show off in front of other Mavs fanatics...

So here are my game-worn, authentics (a collection soon to be added to):

The Terry Davis
1991, Game Worn; bought from the Mavericks

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-04-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Roy Tarpley
1995-96, game-worn; the last jersey of the Monster, former sixth man of the year; worn during the pre-season before the booze banning

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-04-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The Siberian Bear Rookie Jersey
04-05, Rookie Jersey; Away jersey worn during the only two games that the Bear played in on the road; Bought from Mavs via the much respected Mei Gray group- This is a piece of history

Evilmav standing in front of the 'Russian Bear' bar in Houston wearing a Russian Bear jersey (before imbibing lots of good Russian beers inside)

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-05-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And finally, a pair of 1993, game worn Mavs shorts (that I have played many, many games of pickup basketball in, and are very dirty), and also an authentic (but not game-worn) Dirk P-Diddy jersey. I've got a couple of other nice, nice things that I think I'm going to aquire over the next month or two, but I know my collection probably pales compared to some folks, and it would be cool to see what some other Mavs fans might have as far as collectable Mavs stuff is concerned, so if you have some neat stuff, please post! (and I am going to try to get Ape and my younger brother, the currently non-posting Mavinator to post some pics of the game-used stuff that they have)...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-04-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

swweeeeeeeet. Love those old school shorts. Congrats on 6k.

And it would be great to see Mavinator around again. I guess he took that shut ur cheese thing seriously.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-04-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
And it would be great to see Mavinator around again. I guess he took that shut ur cheese thing seriously.

He's graduating from Pomona next weekend, so maybe he'll be able to find some more time to pay attention to the Mavs, and perhaps even summon up the mustard to post again some day in the future...
Old 05-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Congrats on post number 6,000!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

geez, i hope i never have to see you wearing those short shorts...
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Color me jealous.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Some gems you got there. Very nice collection. I want an authentic but I'm kinda sorta broke right now...... I only have a replica.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #11
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

That is some sweet gear Evil! Congratulations on the 6,000, always great having a beer with ya!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #12
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold
Talking

yeeeeaaaaahhhhh ! congrats on the 6000 waste posts, my FUA !!!
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Who is that poster above me? Should I know you?

Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

cool threads....too bad they had to go wasted on you

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

oh, and good job grabbing #6000

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Wow, 6,000 posts! Congradulations!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
geez, i hope i never have to see you wearing those short shorts...
They might not look pretty to some folks BBL, but the ladies lose all self-control when exposed to the 'short shorts' ...

Stockton knew: The Short-shorts got Game...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-09-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I love your new sig!!! lol

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I love your new sig!!! lol
Thanks, Nashty13 ...
Old 05-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

For me, this is post number 600

Old 05-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Evil,

You should add these kicks to your collection!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-15-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Evil,

You should add these kicks to your collection!
Sadly, I can't afford those game worns, but I have been watching this auction for the last couple of days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 05-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Those Dirk shoes are sweet!

Too expensive though.....

Old 05-16-2006, 01:44 AM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to drop my 6,000th on your thread, brutha, as sortof a comrade in arms. But things got a little crazy in that Mavs game.

I'm sure you understand. Rock on. You can quote me, pack mage, back mage, front page, it dudn't matter. It's all good.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Evil, you gotta be all over these....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAD-DAVIS-GAME-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-SPANARKEL-GA...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a DHarp from the same seller as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-15-2006 at 11:20 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Evil, you gotta be all over these....

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAD-DAVIS-GAME-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-SPANARKEL-GA...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a DHarp from the same seller as well.
I was actually just looking at these fellas last night, and bemoaning the fact that I don't have a spare $850-1000 sitting around that I could drop on one of these historical artifacts. An 81-82 Jim Spanarkal game-used, Spalding jersey that is stained with the blood of his unfortunate opponents is something that should be hanging in a museum, not being sold on ebay, and that makes me wish I was just a little more cash rich at the moment...

That said, even though I can't quite afford a priceless Spanarkel or Brad Davis jersey at the moment, I think I'll be adding at least one more significant addition to the collection in the next couple of days. Also, I'm glad you bumped this thread because this gives me an excuse to force the Ape to take pictures of some of his own extensive Old Skool game worn Apish collection, so the world can finally be exposed to the glory of things like the game-worn Donald Hodge jersey and the legendary and priceless Fat Lever jacket ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I haven't updated this thread in a while so, considering the fact that just got got a big new addition to the collection, I just can't stop myself from adding it to this thread. Here is the new pride of my collection, the authentic game worn Ed O'Bannon warm-up jacket!

And while I'm at it, I'll throw in a pic of my brother's (Mavinator) game worn Uncle Buck jersey as well!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-03-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Sweet addition to your collection!

Old 07-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, ed's gotta be hard up for cash. was he selling that on ebay?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

That Spanarkel was awesome.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #31
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
hmmm, ed's gotta be hard up for cash. was he selling that on ebay?
I don't think Ed was the seller on ebay (that is where I got it), but considering the fact that O'Bannon retired from international play at age 30, and currently works as a car salesman in Las Vegas, I wouldn't be surprised if he sold the jacket at some point in the past...

"People see me and remember me and I'm proud to tell them — 'No, I don't play. No, I don't coach. Yes, I sell cars.' "
Old 07-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #32
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I don't have the money to buy game worn memorabilia, but I love collecting baseball and basketball cards. I've been able to get some awesome stuff recently off ebay for pretty cheap.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 07-04-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #33
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Here's something you could add to your collection EM, http://cgi.ebay.com/Dallas-Mavericks...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #34
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Sadly, it's been a while since I've been able to add to my old game worn collection, but I just added a doosy. Now, I don't have this fella yet, but here's a picture of the Jimmy Jackson Game Worn Rookie Jersey that I just won on ebay today...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-25-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #35
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is nothing but greatness from a classic poster.

I'll have to post my Jackson home jersey when I get a chance, Evil.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

The Spanarkel went for $749!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Evil, you have an awesome collection, this is a sweet thread.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #38
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Here's my 6,000

I'll try to get some pics up of my stuff (mostly cards and some current jerseys that aren't game worn) as soon as possible, just to add to the thread a little bit.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:00 AM   #39
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Here's my 6,000

I'll try to get some pics up of my stuff (mostly cards and some current jerseys that aren't game worn) as soon as possible, just to add to the thread a little bit.
Great Nashty, and congratulations on the 6000th post (I'm actually honored that you would post your 6000th post on this thread)! I've got a bunch of autographed rookie cards as well, that I will try to post in the next couple of days, and I think I will get around to taking some pictures of the Madape's very impressive game worn collection as well (it includes a game worn Donald Hodge jersey, an unmarked and very pristine very early 80's sand-knit jersey, an 80's sand-knit "Hollis" jersey,a Fat Lever jacket, and some early 90's shorts -all bought straight from the Mavs at last year's big tent sale after the two of us drank beers all night in the Ape's 4-runner, and eventually stood first in line in front of thousands to buy severely discounted Mavs' merchandise ). Congrats again, Nashty, and I'd say that it would be great to see your Mavs stuff!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 12-18-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

It's been quite a while since I've bought any game worn stuff on ebay or from Mei-Gray or anywhere else, but I never stop looking for bargains, and just now I was lucky enough to have picked up a really nice one, and I can't stop myself from posting about it. I don't have this fella yet, but I am darned happy that I just won this classic, game used or issued 00-01 Obinna Ekezie jersey via auction (and I picked it up for a song), and it should soon be hanging in my closet or be framed on the wall along with the rest of my collection :

OBINNA!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-26-2008 at 03:21 AM.