Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #121
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. They dump Pau Gasol because he was making too much and a year and a half later they trade for a lesser player with basically the same contract. Well, at least he doesn't have one of the worst attitudes in the league.
They saved exactly 1 year a few millions.

The prize was:
Marc + Zach instead of Pau = fail
or
Something better than Marc in a Pau trade 3 months earlier or later = fail

Wallace....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #122
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand what Detroit is doing. Their defense is going to be atrocious and They already have a somewhat undersized shooting guard.

Unload Billups so they can blow their wad on Ben Gordon and Charlie V? I'd be livid if I were a Pistons fan.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ariza may leave Lakers

This is the answer to all the people asking "why would the Lakers let him go?". The answer, of course, is MONEY.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #124
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Always comes back to the money. Still, I would have bet anything that they'd have brought him back after the promise that he showed in the playoffs.

I wonder if this changes our thinking if we haven't made a formal offer to Gortat.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #125
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Ariza may leave Lakers

This is the answer to all the people asking "why would the Lakers let him go?". The answer, of course, is MONEY.
Boy, it would be nice to see the words "Dallas Mavericks" appear in one of these trade rumors (other than Gortat & 'Sheed...)

Didn't we used to get mentioned in EVERY trade scenario a short time ago???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #126
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ariza may leave Lakers

I mentioned a big reason on why they might let him go: they can take a quick look at their bench and realize two mistakes they've made. Sasha and Walton were really valuable to them and they kept them basically with MLE money. They really aren't a major factor, not a huge hindrance on their payroll but still. Ariza may or may not be the same situation, but I could see those two guys and the end result playing a role on their decision.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #127
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Boy, it would be nice to see the words "Dallas Mavericks" appear in one of these trade rumors (other than Gortat & 'Sheed...)

Didn't we used to get mentioned in EVERY trade scenario a short time ago???
Being mentioned in "EVERY" one is about tantamount to being mentioned in none of them.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #128
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Ron Artest could be departing the Houston Rockets after just one season with the team.

"NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday it is unlikely free agent forward Ron Artest will return to the Houston Rockets."

"League sources told FOX 26 the Rockets would be willing to offer Artest a one-year contract at best. The sources said because of that the chances of Artest resigning with Houston are remote."

> Seems like Artest is available guys..
Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #129
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

just about every blazer fan I talked to today said "we got hedo" but I see no evidence that says so...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #130
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
just about every blazer fan I talked to today said "we got hedo" but I see no evidence that says so...
Don't folks in Portland smoke a lot of weed?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #131
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't folks in Portland smoke a lot of weed?
If I lived in Portland, I would smoke a shitload of weed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #132
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My new prediction (now with the Ariza info):
Artest goes to LA
Ariza goes to Cleveland

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-02-2009 at 12:35 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #133
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

^

well sh*t

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #134
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
^

well sh*t
Broussard from ESPN was on Sportscenter and said that Ariza met up with Mike Brown.

Ariza is apparently put off by the fact that LA doesn't want to offer any more than the MLE, so he's bitter and will look at other teams and maybe take a MLE from them instead.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-02-2009 at 12:48 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Broussard from ESPN was on Sportscenter and said that Ariza met up with Mike Brown.

Ariza is apparently put off by the fact that LA doesn't want to offer any more than the MLE, so he's bitter and will look at other teams and maybe take a MLE from them instead.
Ariza knows where his next ring/meal ticket lies...

(Stern does too!)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-02-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #136
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

Artest to Knicks according to his twitter

12 mil.

http://twitter.com/96TruwarierQB

Last edited by bigox71; 07-02-2009 at 01:10 AM.
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #137
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way to shoot people through the internet who keep reporting on what Artest is twittering?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #138
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Is there any way to shoot people through the internet who keep reporting on what Artest is twittering?
I'm working on it...

Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #139
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I'm working on it...
Just make sure you tweet about it after you're done...otherwise it's not legit.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #140
Underdog

Quote:
Just make sure you tweet about it after you're done...otherwise it's not legit.
I was going to put it up on my Friendster page...

Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #141
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

F'n A! I wish one of these newbies would post something worth giving rep to.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Underdog again.
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BGMaverick9 again.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #142
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
F'n A! I wish one of these newbies would post something worth giving rep to.
I'm glad the 3 of us are still on here right now to talk about this jibberish. haha
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #143
BGMaverick9
Guru

Another tweeter, Adrian Wojnarowski (better street cred), suggested that whomever doesn't get Hedo out of Portland and Toronto will throw that money at Ariza.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #144
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another tweeter, Adrian Wojnarowski (better street cred), suggested that whomever doesn't get Hedo out of Portland and Toronto will throw that money at Ariza.
That's good news.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #145
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

So Hedo/Ariza to Portland/Toronto -- any of those combo's
Cavs front runners for Artest?

What is Dallas doing?

I hope we retain Kidd, but I don't want to blatantly overpay him.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 AM   #146
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
So Hedo/Ariza to Portland/Toronto -- any of those combo's
Cavs front runners for Artest?

What is Dallas doing?

I hope we retain Kidd, but I don't want to blatantly overpay him.
Artest is impossible to get a read on. It's the end of day 1 of FA and he's teasing people and finding different ways to promote his label or something.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #147
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs FO are like the nerds in Can't Buy Me Love. Sure they went to the dance, but when you just sit on the sideines and never do anything can you really say you went?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #148
BGMaverick9
Guru

Keepin' it in House...no more random threads!

Artest says he'll go to LA
Ariza says he'll go to...Houston?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #149
Underdog

Quote:
Keepin' it in House...no more random threads!

Artest says he'll go to LA
Ariza says he'll go to...Houston?
Rockets fans jumping off of bridges in this thread too...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #150
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Rockets fans jumping off of bridges in this thread too...
Houston Fans:
We got Ariza, yay...?
Who the F cares, I still live in G-D Houston!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #151
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Portland and Turkoglu strike a deal. 5 years worth around $50 million.

They have a glut they need to clear out I think.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...lu_strike_deal

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 07-03-2009 at 02:20 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #152
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Um...so maybe Turk's not going to the Blazers?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...s_blazers.html
Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #153
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Um...so maybe Turk's not going to the Blazers?

Wow.. I'm so confused. I thought it was a done deal.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #154
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Apparently Toronto is going to give him more money. Good for us, Portland doesn't get stronger.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #155
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently Toronto is going to give him more money. Good for us, Portland doesn't get stronger.
Do you have a link that Toronto is back in the race for him?

Players do go for the money 9 times out of 10.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #156
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Yahoo! Sports reported that Turkoglu backed out of his earlier commitment and has his sights set on Toronto. Yahoo! Sports reported that Toronto can offer Turkoglu about $6 million more than Portland, but would have to trim its roster to do it.
Link

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #157
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold
Default Hedo Turkoglu NOT going to Portland

Hedo Turkoglu rejects Blazers, ends negotiations

Posted by Jason Quick, The Oregonian July 03, 2009 17:57PM

Categories: Breaking News
The Oregonian has learned that free agent forward Hedo Turkoglu has rejected an offer to sign with the Trail Blazers and has ended negotiations with the team.
He will leave town tomorrow morning.
More to come.

Just thought this should become a thread. Now that he's rejected Portland, we want Gortat, Magic want Bass, it seems like everything has lined up perfectly for us to try a Sign and Trade with the Magic. You think we could pull it off?

What're your thoughts on the matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #158
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

What kind of Deal is Turk pursuing? How would salaries match up for trade if he gets what he wants.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #159
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

A big possibility.. if lucky, get Anthony Parker as well..

Last edited by darkwitzki; 07-03-2009 at 10:35 PM.
darkwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #160
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

It's almost like this would make too much sense to happen
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flaco's purple nipples, neeepole neeepole, no tags at all, windmill likes my nipples