Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What is next: Shooter/Swing-Man or Big Man?
Shooter/Swing-Man 28 43.75%
Big Man (inside post presence) 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll Question: What's next? Swing or Big Man

Now that the Diop deal is done, you're looking at a roster shaped up as so (in progress):

Damp, Bass, Hollins
Dirk, Singleton, Williams
Howard, Wright, George
Jet, Green, Carroll, Stackhouse
Kidd, JJB

I think anyone outside of Dirk and Jet could realistically be on the block with someone like Damp and Kidd probably likely to still be on the roster past the deadline.

With that said, where do the Mavericks go next with trades? Do they look at a big man to go with Damp or do they look to add another shooter/scoring presence?

A lot of guys could be available, but based on what we have left and what you decide we should go for: Who are the next set of targets?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

as much as i want a true center to fill, for some reason i feel like were gonna get a shooter.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

We're gonna get some marginal 2-guard or small forward that isn't really going to make much of a difference. I'm 95% sure.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone want to make their guesses?

Still think someone like Watson might come for Stack or will they abandon that idea and try to use Stack in a bigger deal?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

i HOPE it's Stack in a bigger deal. Knowing our FO i wouldn't be surprised if we trade for Watson, squeak into the playoffs with an improved bench and lose in the 1st round. We should admit that this year is done and try to reshape the roster for a run next year. Knowing our past history i'll bet on them doing what they can to make the playoffs this year though. Another small trade is my vote. I hope to God I'm wrong. And I'm a bloody atheist.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I voted swing. Two main reasons:
1) Josh is the team's primary trade bait from a talent perspective, and I don't think there are any other 2/3's on the roster that can come close to replacing what he's capable of producing.
2) Just from eyeballing salaries, there are at least a few 2/3's out there who I think would be better for this team than Josh, but whose basic talent level is close enough to his, and whose contracts are large enough that if the teams they're on were willing to deal at all they'd be gettable. By comparison, outside of the Clippers' roster the majority of centers in the league who'd constitute meaningful upgrades over Damp are probably off limits unless you're trading Dirk.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and count me out on Stack for Watson. I'd rather hold on to Stack until the offseason if that's all he'd bring before the trade deadline.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Small trade for perimeter player. No big man available for what we have to offer is my guess. And they're itching to make a trade-any trade at this point.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I voted swing. Two main reasons:
1) Josh is the team's primary trade bait from a talent perspective, and I don't think there are any other 2/3's on the roster that can come close to replacing what he's capable of producing.
2) Just from eyeballing salaries, there are at least a few 2/3's out there who I think would be better for this team than Josh, but whose basic talent level is close enough to his, and whose contracts are large enough that if the teams they're on were willing to deal at all they'd be gettable. By comparison, outside of the Clippers' roster the majority of centers in the league who'd constitute meaningful upgrades over Damp are probably off limits unless you're trading Dirk.
Right on.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

As usual, GMC is spot on here. A scoring center would be great, but I just don't see anyone out there we could get that would be a significant upgrade over Dampier. The fact is, swingmen are a lot easier to get a hold of than centers who can produce.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
As usual, GMC is spot on here. A scoring center would be great, but I just don't see anyone out there we could get that would be a significant upgrade over Dampier. The fact is, swingmen are a lot easier to get a hold of than centers who can produce.
Dampier has been playing great this year and even though Kaman would be an upgrade offensively (he wouldn't be an upgrade IMO defensively, but lets say that he would). That puts Damp on the bench and we lose a Josh Howard type player. Does that really make us that much better?

I'd rather trade Howard for someone who's going to replace him than lose him and have that new person replace someone we still have.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Dampier has been playing great this year and even though Kaman would be an upgrade offensively (he wouldn't be an upgrade IMO defensively, but lets say that he would). That puts Damp on the bench and we lose a Josh Howard type player. Does that really make us that much better?

I'd rather trade Howard for someone who's going to replace him than lose him and have that new person replace someone we still have.
Well if I could trade Howard for Kaman I would do it in a heartbeat, but I just don't see that happening. But yeah, of all the "scoring centers" out there, Kaman is the only that's even a remote possibilty. After that, it's slim pickins.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #13
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

at the end of the day, we better do something, and I mean something that matters unlike this diop trade
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #14
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´m taking a big step out of my cover and say that we´ll end up with Lee + Kaman before the All Star break to become an inside scoring team.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care who we get as long as they bring two things to this team:

1) Defense

2) Points in the Paint

We need slashers/low post players more than shooters at this point...

(also - I think we need a big, but we'll get a swingman...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-17-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #16
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

We needed scorers, I think our post play is decent...as in that it will never be our strength, and it would take a high lottery pick to upgrade it significantly - as good big men are rarely traded.

Last edited by HexNBA; 01-17-2009 at 08:49 AM.
HexNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

I guess the way I look at it we will still have a major hole either way unless we hit a major home run of a trade. We'll address one issue via trade, hopefully closing up a hole, but we'll still have another. If you can possibly close up the harder hole (Center), wouldn't you want to jump on that why you have the chance?

SG/SF players are a lot easier to find than a big. That's just my thought on that.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Big Man
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for a big man but a swing/shooter is probably what we'll end up with.

It will be hard to find the big man help but no way we survive the playoffs with Dirk, Damp, and Bass alone.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We still have Howard/Stack/George/Bass to land something big. Please Dallas please. I voted swing man because a quality big man is so hard to find, and project big men are so hit or miss... mostly miss.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #21
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

My proposed target:

Make it happen, Cubes.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-17-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
My proposed target:

Make it happen, Cubes.
Kevin Willis? Isn't he like 60?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-17-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Kevin Willis? Isn't he like 60?
Yes. Some might say he's "old," but I say he's "experience-laden."

Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #24
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance we could pry Nene from Denver? Howard and Terry for Nene and JR Smith perhaps?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

we need a big man. Man it would be great to see Dirk playing with a real post scorer. Think of him as a replacement for Bass, rather than for Dampier. Besides, we won't get a wing scorer that's significantly better than Howard. I know he's the BB goat and all, and we like to blame him for everything that's wrong in Mavdom. But we'd end up with some swing man that is currently the same thing for whatever team he's on right now.

So I'm with Longhorndub - we need a big man on offense that can really make teams pay for the double on Dirk. We'll end up with someone that will do nothing but fuel arguments about whether he's a swingman/shooter or a lump of nothing.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I want a big man...but I'm not sure it has to be a "great" scoring big man, just one who isn't an automatic turnover (foul make 1-1) when it's thrown to him.

Even if he cannot guard small centers, he needs to be able to hurt them offensively.

Sooo....it'll probably have to be a swing dude.

I was talking to someone at the last game who said they were listening to Art Garcia on GAC I believe. The statement from Art was that the mavs were going to use all of their expiring contracts (??) for a "big" name.

Now ALL would include jkiddo AND stackhouse. About 28million in dollars. Interesting but I fear he was full of it. (he was full of beer that's for sure, but he's normally a reasonable fella).
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Does anyone want to make their guesses?

Still think someone like Watson might come for Stack or will they abandon that idea and try to use Stack in a bigger deal?
Earl Watson isn't going to make any difference either.

The Mavericks need a star caliber player in return to compete this season.

Knowing the FO, we'll probably get a really good player at a position that we don't need.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

Of the players "available" i think only Redd or VC make us a contender(depending on what we have to give up). I still think we're 2 or 3 moves away from contending. Kaman would be nice but what we need are easy buckets and free throws in tight games, playoff games when the jump shot isn't falling and the defense tightens. We miss that from Stack- attacking the rim, bench scoring. Doesn't matter to me what position that comes from we need a guy that can create a mismatch. Bonzi Wells could do it and he was about 6'6.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Ricky Rubio is next.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I want a big man...but I'm not sure it has to be a "great" scoring big man, just one who isn't an automatic turnover (foul make 1-1) when it's thrown to him.

Even if he cannot guard small centers, he needs to be able to hurt them offensively.

Sooo....it'll probably have to be a swing dude.

I was talking to someone at the last game who said they were listening to Art Garcia on GAC I believe. The statement from Art was that the mavs were going to use all of their expiring contracts (??) for a "big" name.

Now ALL would include jkiddo AND stackhouse. About 28million in dollars. Interesting but I fear he was full of it. (he was full of beer that's for sure, but he's normally a reasonable fella).
The problem is, what center is available?

Jermaine O'Neal- Huge health risk but ideal.

Eddie Curry- LoL

Andre Blatche- Nice young big but not polish enough and probably not available

Brad Miller- Decent but hardly a move to make one a contender.

Dalembert- Contract nightmare and seems to be regressing.

Rasheed Wallace- Decent but where is his head at? Is he really available?

Um who else? I looked at the entire list of centers, and it just doesn't look great.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

exactly. thats why we should go with best talent... and that will most likely be a swingman.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
We're gonna get some marginal 2-guard or small forward that isn't really going to make much of a difference. I'm 95% sure.
I likes what what you said.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #33
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

We're gonna be playing some serious musical chairs
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

If it's a big, it's pretty obvious that I'd like Kaman. Camby seems to be enjoying his time in LA, and it's a offense/defense balance with Z-Bo. Also, Camby and Z-Bo can come off the books quicker than Kaman, if they're looking at the salary dump aspect of it.

If it's a shooter...I honestly am not sure who it could realistically be, the list is way too long to figure out who it could be.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Now...right off the bat I'm going to say I'm not a big fan of this, but I want to continue some discussion, for the sake of debate.

Value is a pretty huge factor in trades. Based on performance this year, whose value is probably at an all-time high? Jet
If a GM hit you up on the cell and said we'll give you an offer that is pretty dang hard to refuse: Maybe a legit big man and some expirings for '10 or picks, just as an example - what do you do?

Again, this is for the sake of debate. It's hard to imagine the Mavs actually trading him, he's like the spirit of the team, a massive fan favorite and our second best player. But going from the year after the Finals or the year after, his value seemed pretty dang low...now it's probably as high is it can possibly get.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #36
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs really,really have to NOT fall in love with any player not named dirk imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #37
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I think I'd rather bring Olajawon back before I brought Willis back.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #38
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Any chance we could pry Nene from Denver? Howard and Terry for Nene and JR Smith perhaps?
Does that help us? Really? We suddenly have no true scorers in the back court with Jet gone.

We'd have to rely heavily on JR Smith...and Green, imo, if we wanted any scoring that doesn't come into from Nene, Dirk or Bass.

Now, if you could keep Jet and add in Bass, now that trade makes a little more sense. That would leave us with Jet still in the backcourt and Nene/Dirk up near hte basket.

And this is all pretending Denver is interested in trading Nene, with I don't think they are.

Last edited by tcat075; 01-18-2009 at 03:00 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Howare and terry is way too much. You can't survive in the this league without outside shooting, you just cannot.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #40
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

All we really need is a swing man...someone that drives to the hoop and finishes.
Also finishes oops from JKidd =D
Bass, Hollins, and Damp are our inside presence.

We already have a shooter in Jet and Carrol....Kidd can also hit the open shot.

The missing piece is that SF who can defend, drive, and get to the FT line.