Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: 3-27-10 Mavs vs. Golden State, 9:30 p.m. central

Boy, the Mavs sure are struggling. There are so many things wrong with the team at the moment: Dirk not shooting enough, Centers not playing 48 minutes, Barea/Roddy issues in the backcourt, lack of free throws, lack of defensive pressure.

Tonight with the uptempo Warriors... the Mavs could easily give up 150 points if they don't focus.

I figured with the way the Mavs are struggling they would have dropped, but Denver is struggling just as much. And Utah lost to Indiana last night, helping out the Mavs.

Will the Mavs take advantage get back to some consistency? Let's hope it starts tonight.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, come on Mavs!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's really too bad Denver lucked into a win last night. Alas, the Mavs have a chance to move back into a tie for second with a win here.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

we will win by 10 or more. i'll call it. i'll also call Dirk for 32+ points.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It's really too bad Denver lucked into a win last night. Alas, the Mavs have a chance to move back into a tie for second with a win here.
At least Utah lost to the lowly Pacers...

EDIT: wait, how could that be??? I thought only the Mavs lost to lesser teams!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-27-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
At least Utah lost to the lowly Pacers...

EDIT: wait, how could that be??? I thought only the Mavs lost to lesser teams!
See my posts in the general NBA thread. You and I are on the same page.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Mar 27, 2010
Dallas @ Golden State--Bill Spooner, Mark Ayotte, Rodney Mott

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

200-30 GSW
Old 03-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

The Mavs should still be pissed about losing to them when they only played 6 players. On the other hand, there's always the Nellie factor to take into account. So I'm going to say Mavs get a close win after blowing a big lead.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Tonight will be a win, Karma will be in the house sporting the #2 from section 214.

Denver's had the tough end of season schedule, this is how we're managing to stick close. KMart's down, Karl's down.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully we get the win. I don't know what to expect anymore from this team.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Why does it feel like mid January?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #13
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle NEEDS to absolutely play Roddy in this game. Curry and Ellis are a dynamic duo, Roddy is the only person on this team that has a shot at slowing those guys down a bit. But I already know how it goes with Carlislie, it doesn't matter if Roddy provides necessary things to this team, he probably will get 48 seconds of playing time. I wont be surprised if Carlislie leads us to a first round exit. In fact I am taking Windmill's advice on this. I EXPECT IT.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

KILL THEM
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Put Roddy in.

Oh too early my bad

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

come on mavs FOCUS!!! this is gonna be a messy game
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Our Mavs need to nut the F up.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy actually hasn't played well against the Warriors this year. One 2 minute stint in one game, with 2 turnovers and 2 fouls. His other game, in which he got 20 minutes, he also had 2 fouls and 2 turnovers, shot just 3/8 from the field, with no steals and only one assist.

Don't really care, though. Play him anyway. Give him those two minutes, and if he does equate to two fouls and two turnovers, then take him out. But give him a chance to prove he can't help the team, because he does more often than he doesn't.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
tcat075
Diamond Member

I thought it was time for an update.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I thought it was time for an update.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #21
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I expect the Mavs to win!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not want to see this game.

We gonna play crappy, we gonna go small and we gonna try to outscore them, we gonna probably trail by 10 at one point and its a game where you just get 10 years older without any joy.

But i guess i gonna see it later anyway...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

100 Mavs und ein Befehl ( That´s a heck of a Heidi !! )

Last edited by GermanDunk; 03-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I do not want to see this game.

We gonna play crappy, we gonna go small and we gonna try to outscore them, we gonna probably trail by 10 at one point and its a game where you just get 10 years older without any joy.

But i guess i gonna see it later anyway...
Hate to say this, but going small those few times Haywood and Damp were out wasn't so bad. At least the offense clicked. 122 points against Chicago and 125 against Minny.

Oh and Roddy actually played...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-27-2010 at 09:03 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but this are the Warriors and Donnie and not the Bulls with the moron VDN or the NoIQWolves...

Last edited by sefant77; 03-27-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #26
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Somehow I must be crazy. 5.30 AM, Very early Sunday morning (IMO still Saturday night) and I'm here. Strange, isn't it?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #27
STJessie1984

STJessie1984 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Somehow I must be crazy. 5.30 AM, Very early Sunday morning (IMO still Saturday night) and I'm here. Strange, isn't it?
if you´re from germany.. you should be by 04:40 by now ^^
STJessie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #28
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by STJessie1984 View Post
if you´re from germany.. you should be by 04:40 by now ^^
Look at my sig and you know where I am

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #29
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs have twice as many free throws as they did the other night in Portland....
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #30
LSMF
Diamond Member

Give Haywood the ball, none of the Warriors can guard him.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #31
sefant77
Guru

Veetle biatches...

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/chan...#4b928a2896938
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #32
Bayliss

Dirk finally shoots...
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #33
LSMF
Diamond Member

Darn
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hoops `r´us
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #35
Bayliss

What a weak @ss attempt by Dirk.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

I don't understand our defense anymore, its like we've just become powerless on the defensive end. Well, hopefully we get a win somehow tonight.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #37
Bayliss

And Butler gets his blocked. (That seems to happen a lot.)

And Heywood grabs the rebound and fumbles it away. (That seems to happen a lot too.)

Dirk cannot just pound that ball in the post. Once he gets it... he needs to make his move, and make it strong.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #38
STJessie1984

STJessie1984 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
should read such things more often
STJessie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #39
LSMF
Diamond Member

The Dirkster!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #40
Bayliss

Dirk needed to dunk that.

Tags
kobe beaubois