Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-01-2002, 04:25 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Moss charged with possessing small amount of marijuana
10/01/2002

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS – Minnesota Vikings star receiver Randy Moss was charged Tuesday with possession of a small amount of marijuana, adding to charges last week that he pushed a traffic officer with his car.

The new petty misdemeanor count carries a fine of up to $200, but it could also lead to a suspension or fine from the NFL.

Police said they found a marijuana cigarette in Moss' car on Sept. 24. The traffic officer stepped in front of his car to stop him from making an illegal turn. She was slightly injured when she fell off the car.

Moss spent the night in jail and was charged the next day with careless driving and with failure to obey a traffic officer, both misdemeanors.

Moss has said the marijuana did not belong to him and that he had allowed other people to use his car recently.

ESPN reported Sunday that Moss tested positive for marijuana last season and underwent another test by the NFL after his arrest last week. It said Moss was already in the league's substance-abuse program after testing positive for marijuana in 2001.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it would review the case.

"Under the policy a drug-related violation of the law is grounds for disciplinary action," Aiello said.

If Moss tests positive for a banned or illegal substance or is convicted on the possession charge, he could be subjected to fines and suspensions by the league.

Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, said Tuesday he had no immediate comment because he hadn't seen the new charges. A spokeswoman said the Vikings had no comment.

The 25-year-old Moss faces a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and $1,000 on the original two misdemeanor charges. He was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday.

City prosecutors on Tuesday also added two new traffic counts to the two Moss already faces: making an improper turn at an intersection and obstructing traffic with a vehicle.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2002, 05:07 PM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Makes sense. I understood that if it's in your car it's your pot. "it's my friend's" is the oldest excuse in the book and even your own mother usually doesn't buy it.

I don't know if the rules apply to professional athletes with big bucks to pay lawyers to get them out of anything. Sorry, but I think they should be treated the same as everyone else.

I can't understand why a player would risk all the money and the priveledge of playing professional sports just to smoke a little pot.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Makes sense. I understood that if it's in your car it's your pot. &quot;it's my friend's&quot; is the oldest excuse in the book and even your own mother usually doesn't buy it.

I don't know if the rules apply to professional athletes with big bucks to pay lawyers to get them out of anything. Sorry, but I think they should be treated the same as everyone else.

I can't understand why a player would risk all the money and the priveledge of playing professional sports just to smoke a little pot.
>>

Well when u get paid 5 million dollars a year and get away with anything I see why Moss is doin it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 09:17 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Wow.

Who could've seen this coming?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote