Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-20-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default Do we want Washington's #1?

I was looking in the message boards on RealGM and most of the posters were very willing to trade their pick for a veteran small forward. Would you give up AW for the pick and filler???
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Do we want Washington's #1?

Well, Walker's not really a SF, but just on the of chance that they're stupid enough to think he could be...

Washinton won't have much cap room if they resign Etan Thomas, so we'd have to take back quite a bit of filler. They only have one contract they'd be interested in dumping for cap room, too (Stackhouse), and they're only other relatively high salaried and obtainable player would be Laettner, who's only got a year left on his deal. I don't think either of them are undesirable enough (nor would they covet Walker enough) to justify giving up a Top 3 pick, but if Washington offered us a deal for, say, those two plus Haywood I'd happily do it if nothing better were available.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Do we want Washington's #1?

Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
I was looking in the message boards on RealGM and most of the posters were very willing to trade their pick for a veteran small forward. Would you give up AW for the pick and filler???
Yes, but I don't think their is any way to get that filler to work out.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote