Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #121
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea i'm willing to bet Bowen doesn't even get reviewed. Did he even get a suspension for the kick to the face of Wally? If i'm the Suns I definately make the call because he's really the only guy who gives Nash problems when he's not in foul trouble.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #122
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I don't think he got suspended for the Wally incident or the kick to Allen either.

I would be very surprised if we ever hear another word about this also.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #123
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I noticed that Amare grimace as well after he went flying by Bowen for a dunk..it's almost a shame that Bowen has that aspect to his game, because he is otherwise an almost otherworldly defensive talent with his ability to move his feet and maintain close proximity to an offensive player on the move (at least imho). But he's basically proved over the years that he just can't pass an opportunity by to take little cheap shots time and again, no matter how unnecessary (like the play tonight).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

How many articles have you seen this morning, the titles of which read:

"Suns look bloody good, even series"

"Suns smell blood, even series"

"Suns wipe blood clean, get even"

"Suns draw blood of their own"

You're so clever media!!!!

You can play on the word blood bc your little buddy Stevie got his head split open!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #125
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Between Bruce and Manu, I am really surprised someone has not taken a cheap shot at Steve's nose. If that happens that player should be suspended and I would hate to see it. However, between Bowen and Manu, I can see it happening before this series is over.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #126
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

If they do look for Amare to get suspended also... He is usually looking to fight if anyone even looks at Steve.

BTW, Where is my vCash for the last Suns/Spurs bet?

Last edited by RingTheBell; 05-09-2007 at 08:09 PM.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #127
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
If they do look for Amare to get suspended also... He is usually looking to fight if anyone even looks at Steve.

BTW, Where is my vCash for the last Suns/Spurs bet?
Suns played an awesome game in game two.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #128
Gaddabout

Gaddabout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Amare ... only pays attention to Nash when he might get handed an easy bucket. Otherwise, he barely recognizes Nash exists.
Fixed.
Gaddabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #129
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Amare calls out Bowen and Ginobili...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...0amare-ON.html
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #130
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Here's the youtube of said incident. Not the best video quality, but slowed down to show the obvious intent to injure. I wish nothing but pain and torture on Bowe in his future. Unreal what a scum bag he is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4yz__akIU
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #131
The Crippler
Diamond Member

thought I'd put together a quick montage of Bruce Bowen's amazing feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAakQjpFibg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGQMu...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgHe...elated&search=
Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #132
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Re Bruce:

Ok, once may be an accident, but there is way too many occurances surrounding one player to consider all of these as accidental. If Kobe's elbows are now being ref'd correctly (ie suspension) than this needs to addressed as well
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #133
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

you guys are crazy if you think ginobili is dirty.

he flops but he isn't dirty, though I will admit the hold on amare was lame

Bowen got reviewed by the league and they said everything was fine

I'll try to find the article, Stu Jackson said nothing was gonna happen to Bowen
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #134
PhxSun

PhxSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Ginobili and Bowen play back yard bush league basketball. Everyone knows it, SA fans just deny it, of course.
PhxSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #135
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Damn good looks on the video Captain. I knew Bowen was dirty but I thought it was just by nature. This guy really does have a problem lol. I can't put Ginobilli in his class though. Just off this series and the Denver series I don't think he's really been dirty. But I only see what the camera shows. Who knows what these guys are doing out there on the court. I missed Bowen kicking Nash last game.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:52 AM   #136
MartinGT

MartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these partsMartinGT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Did anyone catch Bruce Bowen kicking amare in the back of the leg when he went up for that final dunk? Oh my, what a dirty play and Bowen should be suspended for a long time for intentionally trying to injure a player during the game (of course he won't). It's unreal how big of a bitch that dude is.
And you sir are a whiner...

dumbass!
MartinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #137
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Bowen is dirty... how's that news to anyone?! He's been so for years now... it's just that the league continues to let him play is what's surprising to me!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #138
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT
And you sir are a whiner...

dumbass!
As most know, I hate both of these teams, so I have no dog in this fight. That being said, can you honestly say that there was no intent to injure on this play after looking at the video that I posted? If so, you are a bigger douchbag than Bowen.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Suns played an awesome game in game two.
They played an awesome 4th quarter. I wouldn't give them much more credit than that

Oh and why do they get 3 freaking days off? The Pistons have already played game 3. This is stupid. Are they walking back to SA?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-11-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #140
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
They played an awesome 4th quarter. I wouldn't give them much more credit than that

Oh and why do they get 3 freaking days off? The Pistons have already played game 3. This is stupid. Are they walking back to SA?
The league ran the same schedule in the first round too--for some reason each series so far has had a 3 day break in it--and they wonder why folks are tuning them out

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #141
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Did the Mavs have a 3 day break? It seems that the only teams that are getting it is the Spurs and whoever they're facing. I guess the league feels this is what's going to get them their best ratings on a Saturday night and they're probably right I guess.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #142
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Did the Mavs have a 3 day break? It seems that the only teams that are getting it is the Spurs and whoever they're facing. I guess the league feels this is what's going to get them their best ratings on a Saturday night and they're probably right I guess.
Maybe they are trying to give the old guys time to rest with the Suns running em to death?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #143
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Thank God for the three day break.

Spurs needed the extra time to get their geritol injections.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #144
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Finley is playing like a champ. Working his butt off defending Amare, stroking the clutch three at the end of the half. Great stuff.

It's so sad that Nash and Finley are playing so well, while our backcourt just can't get the job done in the playoffs.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #145
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Oh, Nash with zero points at halftime. Are the suns fans already starting to call him a choker that will never lead them to a title and demanding to trade him for Mike James?
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #146
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The Spurs looked strong in this one. Duncan his old MVP self, Ginobili coming to life, Finley with timely threes. But the Suns aren't far off. I think Amare needs to score more and get Duncan in foul trouble when he's defended by him.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #147
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh, Nash with zero points at halftime. Are the suns fans already starting to call him a choker that will never lead them to a title and demanding to trade him for Mike James?
Did you catch his 2nd half performance lol?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #148
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spurs looked strong in this one. Duncan his old MVP self, Ginobili coming to life, Finley with timely threes. But the Suns aren't far off. I think Amare needs to score more and get Duncan in foul trouble when he's defended by him.
Yea the Suns aren't making Duncan work at all on defense. Amare played what? 20 minutes? The Spurs kept attacking him and he kept biting every time. His 5th foul was just stupidity on his part. The Spurs defense was just amazing tonight. They gave up 101 which I guess for the Suns is low scoring for them but like the announcers commented on so many times everytime a Suns player would get past a defender there would be a guy right there waiting for him. I thought through 4 games the Spurs would be 3-1 and that's still possible but if the Amare can some how find a way to stay in the game they could split this 2-2. They better hope anyway. They go down 1-3 the series is over. I think there's reason for optimism by the Spurs though. Ginobilli is finally playing like...well like Ginobilli.

And let me say that Duncan is the best post player i've witnessed since Hakeem. That guy is just a beast in the paint. Its impossible to defend him because if you double he's a threat with the pass. He may be one of the few players in the league who doesn't even have a weakness.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #149
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Nash battled like all great players do. He finished 2 rebounds shy of a triple double, so even though his shot wasn't there he found ways to contribute. Too much Tim Duncan in the end though. What's he's doing to poor Kurt Thomas just isn't right.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #150
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Honestly I thought Kurt played him the best he could. Tim Duncan just hit some incredible shots tonight. But if i'm KT i'm not filling bad about my performance at all. He hit just about every open jumper given to him. Made Duncan work even though he scored 30+. Tonight sort of reminded me of when the Mavs use to face the Spurs in the post season without a center on the court just like the Suns are doing. He use to always eat our ass up.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #151
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

My favorite part was when Bowen kneed Nash in the nuts... best basketball ive seen in awhile.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #152
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

I agree. Kurt's playing his @ss off, but it still doesn't matter. Duncan is just killing him.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #153
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Anyone thinks Bowen, ever so innovate master of defense, kneed Nash's nuts on purpose? :-)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 05-12-2007 at 10:38 PM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #154
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Last year's Mavs-Spurs > this.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #155
DelNegro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
True.

Even if it didn't go the way I wanted. One of the best playoff series ever.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #156
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Yea the Suns aren't making Duncan work at all on defense. Amare played what? 20 minutes? The Spurs kept attacking him and he kept biting every time. His 5th foul was just stupidity on his part. The Spurs defense was just amazing tonight. They gave up 101 which I guess for the Suns is low scoring for them but like the announcers commented on so many times everytime a Suns player would get past a defender there would be a guy right there waiting for him. I thought through 4 games the Spurs would be 3-1 and that's still possible but if the Amare can some how find a way to stay in the game they could split this 2-2. They better hope anyway. They go down 1-3 the series is over. I think there's reason for optimism by the Spurs though. Ginobilli is finally playing like...well like Ginobilli.

And let me say that Duncan is the best post player i've witnessed since Hakeem. That guy is just a beast in the paint. Its impossible to defend him because if you double he's a threat with the pass. He may be one of the few players in the league who doesn't even have a weakness.
Great post, through and through. Many good points.

The Spurs sure looked suffocating on defense tonight. In fact, they looked great all over. (Despite not playing in the 80's, as Duncan says he likes.)

However, I remind myself that all Phoenix is looking to do is to get a split, just like San Antonio got in their place. If the Suns can get the next one, they will have the upper hand in the series.

That's readily conceivable. But they are going to have to bring more than they brought tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #157
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
Anyone thinks Bowen, ever so innovate master of defense, kneed Nash's nuts on purpose? :-)
Of course he did. That's a part of sports. Only women, do not understand this.

I love me some physical basketball!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #158
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack

Definitely.

2006 Mavs versus Spurs WC Semi-Finals--the best playoff series.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #159
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Did you listen to Nash's postgame quotes on espn?

"I just had a bad game, and it's frustrating to have it in such a big game but it happens from time to time." Nash

Talk like this breathes "I don't care." Things like this don't just happen from time to time Nash. Its a big F-in deal. The consequence of "just had a bad game" is launching all the momentum in SA's favor. Hey Nash, better start acting like you care a little more or you'll join the Mavs fishing.

"I'm always going to try to be aggressive and I try to take what the defense gives me." Nash

Wow, sounds like Dirk. Great players shouldn't take what the defense gives you. You take it to the defense and make them pay. Hasn't Nash figured out that the Spurs of all teams aren't going to give the Suns an inch of breathing room? His play was indicative of his quote though. People better rip Nash for this quote like they did Dirk for saying something similar after a Golden State game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #160
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow, sounds like Dirk. Great players shouldn't take what the defense gives you. You take it to the defense and make them pay. Hasn't Nash figured out that the Spurs of all teams aren't going to give the Suns an inch of breathing room? His play was indicative of his quote though. People better rip Nash for this quote like they did Dirk for saying something similar after a Golden State game.
Well I don't think Nash will get ripped for his comments for the simple fact that he's going against the best defensive team in the NBA. The Warriors actually gave up more points then they scored in the regular season. But Nash's second half performance says it all. He was incredible in the second half. He was just shooting over anyone who came near him. Even Duncan.

Quote:
The Spurs sure looked suffocating on defense tonight. In fact, they looked great all over. (Despite not playing in the 80's, as Duncan says he likes.)

However, I remind myself that all Phoenix is looking to do is to get a split, just like San Antonio got in their place. If the Suns can get the next one, they will have the upper hand in the series.
Yea and what's funny about wanting to play in the 80's comment by Duncan is that in both games they've won in this series they scored over 100. The 1 game they loss it was in the 80's. I see what Duncan's saying but with the Suns lack of interior defense i'm not sure why they feel they need to stay in the 80's to win. They should have a field day in the paint agains the Suns and they are.

But yea you're right. Just like the Spurs in the 1st two games all they needed was 1 game. Even though they got slaughtered in game 2 they came out of that road trip 1-1 and that's all you can ask. Same goes for the Suns. Next game has become a must-win for them. Its a shame the 2 best teams in the playoffs are facing in the 2nd round. I don't think there are any cake-walks in the West though. I think the Warriors or Jazz could give the Spurs or Suns problems. But Stern has got to fix his seeding problem.