Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Wink Would you trade Josh for Josh?????

Josh Smith may get an offer from the Clips or G. State that Atlanta won't want to match. If that happens, we could trade

Josh Howard and Devean or Jones

for a resigned Josh Smith at 13 or 14 mill to start

Smith is as good as Howard now, Better athlete and only 22. In fact, he is a freakish athlete. Much more upside than Howard, and 6'8". Smith is also much more of an inside scorer than JHo and better rebounder, which is what we need to pair with Dirk. And then we have 2 of our top 6 at 23 and under (Bass, Smith).

Damp/Diop
Dirk/bass
Josh Smith/Singleton
Terry/stackhouse/Green/Foster
Kidd/Terry/jjb

Atlanta would do it because Howard costs much less, they get expiring contracts and they don't want to lose smith for nothing

I think it's worth it. Your thoughts?

Last edited by Eman; 07-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

I dont like Smith. All he does is block shots and dunk. Not a go-to-guy at the last moments. All I remember from him against the C's was an airballed 3
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow someone doesn't like Smith???

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a lot of Smith, but only on one end of the floor - how's his defense compared to Howard's?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Hell yes I'd do that and Howard would team up pretty well with JJohnson. The only problem is we'd still be in the same situation of not having a quality SG.

Smith is an absolute freak and a perfect compliment to Kidd's fast-break.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

We get 6 year's younger, more athletic and have more talent.............Yeah, we still need a shooting guard.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

book it
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

If the Hawks make a package Johnson/Smith for Terry/Josh .... Do it!!!

(And eventually Horford for Damp :-)....
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

heck yea i'd do jsmith for jho, josh smith doesn't back away from the basket but attacks it. having his as a tough PF/SF is alot better than a jump shot missing josh howard
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Eman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
heck yea i'd do jsmith for jho, josh smith doesn't back away from the basket but attacks it. having his as a tough PF/SF is alot better than a jump shot missing josh howard

Don't forget, we'd have to give up Eddie Jones as well!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

And giving up Eddie Jones is a positive or negative...?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger
And giving up Eddie Jones is a positive or negative...?
Yes.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Smith still needs to work on his range, but getting to the rack is not a question for him.
He definitely holds his own as well on defense and is a very good weak-side/help defender.

Yes, I would trade Josh for Josh.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I would trade Josh for Josh in a heartbeat. He would be the perfect compliment for Kidd. If we have to give EJ or George as an addition, I don't mind.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard would never fetch Josh Smith, y'all hilarious.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #16
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

agreed it would never happen but i would do it in a heartbeat. smith is an absolute monster, the type of player this team has never really had ever

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Josh Howard would never fetch Josh Smith, y'all hilarious.
You can't control wut Atlanta front office do. It's crazy man.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #18
Eman

Atlanta would face losing Josh smith for nothing!!!!! that's the only reason they would do the trade. And Josh Howard is not a bad substitute.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #19
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

um.....dont know~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao_down1
I dont like Smith. All he does is block shots and dunk. Not a go-to-guy at the last moments. All I remember from him against the C's was an airballed 3

JSmith >JHO anyday allday! Period end of story... Allaround game just better and the age and athleticism= no contest.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #21
payne

payne is on a distinguished road

i would do it b4 my heart beats.

its a perfect trade, for us, and prevent Atl from losing Smith for nothing.
the shooting guard, problem would just have to wait for another day. With Dirk being a good enough blocker, and Diop, when we add Smith, it adds great post D, and we will definitely block alot of shots. however is defense is something i do not know much about, but i dont think it is bad.

plus with him, and gerald green, catching those alley oop passes, from Kidd.

Last edited by payne; 07-20-2008 at 05:43 PM.
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #22
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Josh Howard isn't being traded. He wasn't traded for Artest because he is the closest player in all the nba that plays like Artest. This is why teams want him and he is not a trouble maker.

When he played like Artest the Dallas Mavs was very good and we was a threat to all elite teams. We also had Diop. With Howards great defense and Dampier/Diop combined in the middle and their good defense we could hang with most any team or have a chance. Avery came in and taught this and did great and then he did a complete change by making Josh our offensive go to man and bomber. Why? Josh needs to drive and shoot some. Then Avery started jerking Diop/Dampier out of games and making Dirk and Bass center. Just a bunch of crazy stuff.

If this new coach will make Josh play right(defense, some rebounds, some ast, some steals, some points, some block shots, alot of dunks), then Josh becomes very good again. We need more Josh howards not less but the Josh that plays like we want him to. His game isn't Antoine Walker. That is our prob, we all want to play horse and stand still and defense has become to hard, so let's not play that and everyone wants alot of bombs per game and by no means, do not go into the painted area.

It will take alot to get Howard because of his potential and how teams have seen him play. He is a big part if not the biggest on how far we can go. He has no weakness. It looks like we are going to lose George and the nba has gotten even better but if this team will buckle down on defense, some of these new athletic guys pan out, Howard plays to his potential, keep Diop/Dampier healthy and if this team can learn to play with Kidd, we might could make the playoffs. If you just get in, anything is possible. Can Kidd play with Dampier and Diop? That is another question.

The last two roster spots, i do not see any major changes and if we lose George and wishful thinking if Eddie Jone would retire.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #23
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The sad thing is if Josh Howard played for another team, Mavs fans would want him badly, even with all things he did and said being the same. But since he's on our team and made the weed comments we all want him gone. But should we want him gone? The guy gave up
on Avery but not neccessarily the Dallas Mavericks, unless you consider that the same thing.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #24
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree and i think a new coach will be good for him. I am not sure we could get a complete talent in on trade for him and we get the short end of the stick and he is one player most teams in the league would want. He is good on defense like Bowen and Posey and i am not saying he is a lock down defender but he is very good but he can rebound and score much better than Posey and Bowen.

I just hope this coach can mesh our style with Kidds style and bring both together and make our good offensive players take alot of the shots and alot of our defensive players play good defense. I wish we had guys that played good on both sides of the ball. If Kidd can get open and create spaces and can drive, having guys chase him, then he is capable of making Diop and Dampier score. With open dunks and layups. The coach has to figure out a style and he must break the chain of what teams are doing to us. That is saying, everyone go play defense on all guys but Kidd and play off him. Just dare him to shoot 20 and 30 foot bombs but don't dare to let him drive.

Then we suck. This is the chain we must break. This also means we must play full court and open the court up but also be able to play a center and the center is not an offensive player but he must play because again we suck without a center against elite teams. Elite teams are good and smart and they want dunks, lay ups and penetration. Centers has to stop this.

So this coach has his work cut out for him as Avery did not like playing a defensive center with an offensive point guard and many times just went small ball or if we went into stand still half court and just made Kidd stand around like a stool pigeon, then we played a defensive center but teams just made Kidd bomb. It has to be a way to work all his in together. I think Josh will be ok and i sure hope so and i just do not think a team will give us his worth now and think we will pull another Harris for Kidd.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #25
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

We would be fools not to do this deal.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

ATL would be a fool to trade straight up.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #27
Eman

From Hoopsworld 7/21/08

Josh for Josh?

Josh Smith proved to be the most valuable player of the Atlanta Hawks postseason run, so why aren't they chomping at the bit to bring the restricted free agent back? The Hawks, who need all the help they can get in their undersized front court, have yet to make Smith an offer. Perhaps they are waiting for interest from around the league to wane -- the Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers already opted for proven veterans over Smith -- or perhaps they are contemplating a bigger move.

Some NBA pundits are proposing that the Hawks should re-sign Smith and then trade him to the Dallas Mavericks for Josh Howard. The notion makes sense for the Mavs, who are in desperate need of a defensive-minded power player. Smith can run with the best of the west and at only 22 years old is a solid long-term investment.

Howard would bring one of the more underrated offensive games to Atlanta. The question is, though, what would the Hawks do with their current three, Marvin Williams? They had developed an emerging combination of Williams outside the paint, Smith attacking the rim, and Al Horford defending the basket. How would the addition of Howard shake things up? This deal is all speculation at this point, but as the summer goes on without an offer for Smith, a sign-and-trade could become a more viable option.

Did they ge this idea from me????????????
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

lol, probably not, Eman, but if this deal goes down everyone here would be so ecstatic that we'd give you all the credit

Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman
Josh Smith may get an offer from the Clips or G. State that Atlanta won't want to match. If that happens, we could trade

Josh Howard and Devean or Jones

for a resigned Josh Smith at 13 or 14 mill to start

Smith is as good as Howard now, Better athlete and only 22. In fact, he is a freakish athlete. Much more upside than Howard, and 6'8". Smith is also much more of an inside scorer than JHo and better rebounder, which is what we need to pair with Dirk. And then we have 2 of our top 6 at 23 and under (Bass, Smith).

Damp/Diop
Dirk/bass
Josh Smith/Singleton
Terry/stackhouse/Green/Foster
Kidd/Terry/jjb

Atlanta would do it because Howard costs much less, they get expiring contracts and they don't want to lose smith for nothing

I think it's worth it. Your thoughts?
Lets make this real simple. Hell no, I would not trade J.Howard for J.Smith. J.Smith in my book will NEVER be a "Robin" type of player, and I dont want to PAY him like one. J.Howard HAS proven to be a "Robin" in the past, so I see no reason that he cant get back to that level, with a clean slate and no family issues like this past year with a couple of close family/friend members passing away, and best friend (Devin.H) leaving. I also will include M.Daniels to this as well, because Howard was very close to him as well. Still this is no reason to be smoking dope
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

If the Hawks lose both Josh Smith and Josh Childress (rumored to be signing with Greece Olympiakos) then this team is going to implode. I can't imagine Joe Johnson wanting to play for this team any longer and then what's left.....major mismanagement of a team that looked like it was making a comeback.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

You almost had to count on it happening, just like the Clippers. Those two teams are joined at the hip for constant underachieving. Once they get close to sniffing the good life, they get dropped right back down into mediocrity.

Childress looks to be pretty much gone so it's back on Smith, like it's always been.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

If Childress leaves for Europe that'll be the most surprising move of the off-season imo. I can't fathom that happening or Atlanta allowing that to happen.

It would shock me more than Baron leaving for L.A. and more than Brand leaving L.A and Baron for Philly.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's a definite shock-value move. What are they going to do, monetarily match the offer to get him to stay? That would screw with their plans for keeping Smith wouldn't it?
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #34
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Thye dont even have matching rights I read somewhere whn its a FIBA contract. Soo even if they match he can leave. But whn he chooses to come back they will still have first bids on him.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Thye dont even have matching rights I read somewhere whn its a FIBA contract. Soo even if they match he can leave. But whn he chooses to come back they will still have first bids on him.
Thats right, I remember reading that too now.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Lets make this real simple. Hell no, I would not trade J.Howard for J.Smith. J.Smith in my book will NEVER be a "Robin" type of player, and I dont want to PAY him like one. J.Howard HAS proven to be a "Robin" in the past, so I see no reason that he cant get back to that level, with a clean slate and no family issues like this past year with a couple of close family/friend members passing away, and best friend (Devin.H) leaving. I also will include M.Daniels to this as well, because Howard was very close to him as well. Still this is no reason to be smoking dope
WHAT? First of all you don't know what JSmith will be. Second he is > than Howard and with this roster it would be better!

JS 6'9'' 235 17ppg/8rpg/2.8blk/1.5stl/3.4apg *Better all around defender and can run catch lobs all night.

JH 6'7'' 210 19ppg/7rpg/.42blk/.78stl/2apg
Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #37
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

no reason to continue this thread. Josh signed with a team in Greek for the equivalent money of 11 million per year for 3 years...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
no reason to continue this thread. Josh signed with a team in Greek for the equivalent money of 11 million per year for 3 years...
sorry...you've got the wrong one.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #39
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

team in greek ?? someone would leave the nba for that. dont think so
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

^ not true. Josh Childress would.. and wmbwinn is talking about the wrong Josh.