Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Poll: Which one was more shocking for DFW sports fans

Which one was more shocking
Old 08-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Poll: Which one was more shocking for DFW sports fans

I went with Nash. I've been expecting the Cowboys to wake up and cut Carter for his no talent play. I didn't see the Nash defection coming at all.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Poll: Which one was more shocking for DFW sports fans

Quincy. That was a total blindside. Now?? Nash was a surprise mostly b/c of how soon it went down.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really as shocked as some by Quincy being cut. I expected him to be gone sooner rather than later. But, I just expected it to be under different circumstances and pretty much AFTER the season.

So, I'd have to go with Nash going to Phoenix.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Which one was more shocking for DFW sports fans

Anyone that proclaims they expected Carter to be cut and actually means it must have been sharing a line with the defunct QB. I can understand expecting Carter's days to be numbered, but being cut before the season started?

I can't remember being as shell shocked as I was yesterday. Well, not from a Sports story anyway.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:14 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Anyone that proclaims they expected Carter to be cut and actually means it must have been sharing a line with the defunct QB. I can understand expecting Carter's days to be numbered, but being cut before the season started?

I can't remember being as shell shocked as I was yesterday. Well, not from a Sports story anyway.
All you have to do is review the last years threads to see that several posters thought Qspare was cut worthy. Was I surprised it happened? Certainly based on the timing, but not on the talent evaluation. But Nash bolting was much more shocking to me.

Although I hope he gets his stuff together for his kids sake, I am ecstatic that he is no longer leading the Cowboys.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I was worried about Steve bolting until we had a contract signed in ink. I was a little surprised by how fast he bolted though. Jamison I knew was likely being shopped, just didn't know when or if he'd go. However I thought QCarr was a lock for this year especially with the recent cutting of Hutch. Sorry Doc, but QCarr wins this one for me.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #8
knowitall

knowitall is on a distinguished road

Quincy denies the coke rumor. What do you make of that?
knowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: knowitall
He's working on an endorsement for Pepsi? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
He is in denial and embarrased that he got caught and it was made public?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 PM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He is trying to save his ass and since the players assicioation wont let the NFL make it official... the media will never be able to prove it.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote